Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

It looks like Access costume just in different colors. Also, don't black and brown clash?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Saw this on Twitter, had a nice laugh.

Attachment 85933
    Yeah, gotta admit, the costume doesn't really wow me. The brown could work, I guess, but not with the yellow and black.

EDIT: Also, I'm don't really think they'd choose Sparrow as a name. Sparrows have a small and delicate reputation, and it's the kind of name that seems more likely for a female character. Especially after "Lark" didn't take for Duke. Or was that not due to unpopularity? Also, we already had a Robin-Sparrow - though I don't actually think that counts. I don't think Robin (as a bird name, rather than a Robin Hood reference) would be chosen for a male character today.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-19-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Wasn't he The Red Robin for a long time? What was wrong with that name?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Red Robin is the name of a fast food restaurant chain with overpriced burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I think the costume works, aside from the yellow parts. That's where it starts to look...gaudy. To be honest, I wish he had kept his winged suit from the start of the New 52. I always liked that one. I'd have been okay with them bringing that suit back and just giving him a new name.

As for names, I'm hoping they stick with the bird theme. I just don't know what works best. I keep hearing Sparrow and Talon being tossed around, but I don't really like either of those for Tim. Condor works well enough. Raptor maybe?
    I think the brown is a nice switch up from the usual black, red, yellow and green. Although I guess they could've went with Orange if they wanted another bright color.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Outside of it being a restaurant chain (which doesn't bother me) people say it makes Tim look like he's unable to move on from being Robin.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

This is how I feel. And you know what? They WILL go back to Red Robin for him sooner or later. Damian is Robin but letting Tim Drake be Red Robin (as redundant and unoriginal as that might be with Red Hood and 'basic' Robin inbetween him as Red Robin) just worked even if it's kind of messy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Red Robin is the name of a fast food restaurant chain with overpriced burgers.
    Thank you for sparing us all my rant on this topic. Well done.

Astonishing Member

Knightbreak would be a cool name. I thought it sounded Villainous at first or like someone who named himself as an homage to Bane but I think It could convey independence from The Dark Knight. Dick took Wing from Bruce and Tim is making a break.

Amazing Member

He will probably use the costume of the Talon on the Earth they are going to next... The one with their evil counterparts

I thought it would be interesting if he was the new Oracle. At least it would give him a unique role in the DC Universe crowded with ex Robins and Batgirls.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I thought it would be interesting if he was the new Oracle. At least it would give him a unique role in the DC Universe crowded with ex Robins and Batgirls.
    I think it's the opposite of unique. Though certainly it hasn't been repeated as often the other two. And he'd still be an ex-Robin. Unless they retconned him being Robin out again, which isn't going to happen right now.

The thing about Oracle to me is that a person who has Tim's level of physical ability can absolutely do the job. But they could do action stuff and do that job. Certainly better than Wendy sounded as Proxy. I haven't read those, but it sounded like they ripped off Barbara completely (and yes, had her work with her) instead of doing anything new and different with Wendy. Seemed like it would be bad for the character to me - could never be anything but and Oracle-knockoff.

Though I preferred Oracle with her own team to being the tech support/tech arm of other heroes.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-20-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I think it's the opposite of unique. Though certainly it hasn't been repeated as often the other two. And he'd still be an ex-Robin. Unless they retconned him being Robin out again, which isn't going to happen right now.

The thing about Oracle to me is that a person who has Tim's level of physical ability can absolutely do the job. But they could do action stuff and do that job. Certainly better than Wendy sounded as Proxy. I haven't read those, but it sounded like they ripped off Barbara completely (and yes, had her work with her) instead of doing anything new and different with Wendy. Seemed like it would be bad for the character to me - could never be anything but and Oracle-knockoff.

Though I preferred Oracle with her own team to being the tech support/tech arm of other heroes.
    I mean unique as he'd be the only one doing that role now, vs the many ex Robins and Batgirls out there. I don't think anyone cares about Wendy as Oracle, but I think people could get excited about Tim in that role if it were done well. I imagine it elevating his role in the DCU. But yes, he would always be the new Orcale, Babs is always going to be the one everyone remembers most fondly.
    I loved Oracle leading the BoP, but she would also provide support to other heroes. I don't think it ever had to be one or the other.

But yes, he would always be the new Orcale, Babs is always going to be the one everyone remembers most fondly.
    Biggest problem with Legacy characters, IMO. That, and that they don't get to grow into their own unique roles (like Dick got to). For so many of the fans, they'll always be stand-ins for the "real" hero-who's-name-they-have. I think it can still work for kid characters and roles they outgrow (though I'd honestly prefer they have their own names, too), but it bothers me for adults. I also think it leads to more fan infighting over which is the best, as usually both can't operate at the same time and you have to get rid of one, and it can, but doesn't always, make tag-searching on websites problematic (especially for non-human characters without surnames). I do understand the real-world business reasons it happens.

I loved Oracle leading the BoP, but she would also provide support to other heroes. I don't think it ever had to be one or the other.
    My problem with her providing support for others is two-fold - one, I feel it places her in the role of an employee or resource to them, when that doesn't go both ways (or at least isn't shown to nearly as often). Two, they all managed to handle that end of things on their own perfectly well before Oracle took on the role, so it feels like a role invented for her - has a sort meta-make-work vibe for me in the sense that I feel like had the character never been paralyzed, they'd have done just fine without her. Whereas without her, the BoP would never exist (yes, I am annoyed with the movie and the comic without her). Seems like they manufactured a need since the character had the abilities, if you know what I mean? I similarly don't like her working for the Batfam in that way, even if I enjoy the personal dynamic between the characters. Of course, I also don't like Dick getting jobs from Batman, so that's another issue there. I don't care for her ever being Batman's protege, and so don't like her getting assignments from Batman - not even in the dynamic where he's the client "hiring" her. I really like the young ones branching out and going on their own, preferably not in the same city as any other hero (as they will always be subordinate there if the other hero is in their comic). Moreso with Bruce, since he acts like owns Gotham in recent decades. Pre-COIE, they could both work there with no thought of Batman being Batgirl's boss, but it just doesn't seem to work that way anymore.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-20-2019 at 05:02 PM.