Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Black Condor!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Dick isn't around anymore.

Although I would LOVE a Supersons cartoon!!!!!!!
    And they had to do the dumbest thing possible to justify taking Dick off the table (for King's potential story where he gives the mantle to Duke?? Is that a thing?). That says it all really.

And Dick will bounce back eventually. It has been a rough, stupid ride though, no denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sporadically, and waiting on trades. I know about the age up (and it doesn't bother me that much, I don't care much for Jon either way). Why, is his partnership with Damian no longer happening, or is it just changing?
    They’re preparing Jon to go of the way of Chris Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Sporadically, and waiting on trades. I know about the age up (and it doesn't bother me that much, I don't care much for Jon either way). Why, is his partnership with Damian no longer happening, or is it just changing?
    Bendis plans on having them meet, but he's done more than just age up Jon.

THE BEAK.

10 char
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Bendis plans on having them meet, but he's done more than just age up Jon.
    I have been keeping tabs of it by lurking on the Superman boards.
    None of it really bothers me, but that's down to my bias. I didn't care for Jon or Rebirth Superman, so Bendis can do whatever he wants as far as I'm concerned (at least from what I know so far).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Black Condor!

Thats not a bad idea actually. Tho wouldnt it be better to just go with Condor?

Fantastic Member

Restore Dick and old school Bruce. They are all the reason Tim existed in the first place in whatever mantle. As they are now, they need therapy, not a Robin, and Tim sure doesn’t need them. (I would argue that they as they were in the 80s needed therapy and not a kid too but well, the kid sure needed them)

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Redwing

I've been suggesting this since original YJ times before any Damian this or that. It goes well with the big brother/little brother thing Dick and Tim have.

Most importantly, DC already owns the trademark to that name, previously used by a crappy Team Titan forever ago.

Redbird's okay but that's his car. And Red Robin is ookay, I guess, but that really should only be KC Dick or a brand new Bat character...there's no connection to Tim other than availability.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian's solo had near identical figures to Red Robin you know and the series was ended for Supersons once the new 52 started.
    Both books didn't really fail and were just short cut by Flashpoint and Rebirth.

The problem with Tim is just that didn't really got much of an opportunity post Flashpoint. The new 52 Teen Titans are almost universally disliked, and in Tynions TEC run he was dead for a large part of the story.
    And Young Justice has just started so it is hard to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Redwing
    So, you want Tim to be the sidekick to Marvel's Sam Wilson now?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, you want Tim to be the sidekick to Marvel's Sam Wilson now?

There are much worse options for Tim to have as a mentor than a former Captain America.

Absolutely no "Red Anything" or Anythingwing." Successful former Robins do so because they set themselves apart from the Robin mantle and the other former Robins. There is nothing similar in design or name between Red Hood and Nightwing. Redbird has Red like Red Hood and bird like a Robin. Red Robin similarly has issues for obvious reasons. As does Red X. Redwing is the worst of the bunch, tying the unrelated Nightwing and Red Hood together.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

^agreed... A "graduating" Robin should have a name rather unique to themselves, and not necessarily a reminder of another character in Bat-family. And I really hope writers would take the time to be creative enough to come up with one, if a new identity is being created for Tim or Damian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    ^agreed... A "graduating" Robin should have a name rather unique to themselves, and not necessarily a reminder of another character in Bat-family. And I really hope writers would take the time to be creative enough to come up with one, if a new identity is being created for Tim or Damian.
    Tim's new identity should be chosen by Bendis and for his exclusive use in Wonder Comics.