Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    I find it hilarious that people call Tim a Gary-Stu but somehow think Damian isn’t. He’s literally the son of Batman, trained by assassination, and can fight on par with Slade by the time he is thirteen. Only a token effort is made to have him be responsible for his bratty attitude but he mostly gets away with it.

All Batman characters are garystu/Mary sues to some extent and the intensity of that varies depending on the author, but singling our Tim as somehow being the only one is stupid thinking.
    Josai, don't take seriously, is not worth getting upset over it. It just made you look bad.
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-26-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

He should adopt the identity Oasis.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Oh, man--you are totally going for the jugular!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    The "only reason Tim exists is have the modern Robin for the modern Batman." Well, a BETTER character named Damian Wayne has come along and shown just what a crappy boring character Timmy Wimmy is.
    Uh, no.

The problem may be when people first encountered Tim.

The pre-Flashpoint version had been a well-developed character, and even after Damian was introduced, Tim was not a "crappy boring character".

After Flashpoint, when DC tried to de-age Bruce (and others) as well as condense the amount of time when Batman had been a hero, but did not revise how many characters had been "Robin" during that same period of time, is when Tim got shafted and became more of a "Timmy-Wimmy" during the New52.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, no.

The pre-Flashpoint version had been a well-developed character, and even after Damian was introduced, Tim was not a "crappy boring character".

After Flashpoint, when DC tried to de-age Bruce (and others) as well as condense the amount of time when Batman had been a hero, but did not revise how many characters had been "Robin" during that same period of time, is when Tim got shafted and became more of a "Timmy-Wimmy" during the New52.
    DC shouldn't have started these reboots--each one only makes things worse.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

What about Rook? As in the chess piece....give Tim a chess theme, if not just the Rook, name him the White Rook or Black Rook or even Red Rook...? It could play into his critical thinking abilities and detective skills.

Uh, no.

I always thought Tim was a crappy and boring character back when i met him in the 90's.

Crappy in the sense that Bruce needing a kid as his moral compass undermines the character.

Crappy in the sense that Bruce taking on a young unqualified kid after getting the last young unqualified kid he took under his wing killed undermined the character.

Crappy in the sense that Bruce working with a minor without the parents consent undermines the character

Boring in the sense that personally I didn't find him enjoyable.

He didn't enhance my enjoyment of the batman stories he turned up. The opposite. he got on my nerves or was forgettable

So yes Crappy and boring for some of us that has always been Tim Drake.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-26-2019 at 09:13 AM.

BANNED

@fergus there's no accounting for taste.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    What about Rook? As in the chess piece....give Tim a chess theme, if not just the Rook, name him the White Rook or Black Rook or even Red Rook...? It could play into his critical thinking abilities and detective skills.
    Pawn sounds good for a chess piece.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    He could then be featured in a story called "Mid-Nite at the Oasis" where he teams up with Dr. Mid-Nite to defeat a gang of criminals working for a villain called The Camel!

(And how many people understand that one?)

Red Red Robin or maybe Redder Robin.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I actually like that suggestion...

BANNED

He could then be featured in a story called "Mid-Nite at the Oasis" where he teams up with Dr. Mid-Nite to defeat a gang of criminals working for a villain called The Camel!

(And how many people understand that one?)
    And they can put the Camel to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Red Red Robin or maybe Redder Robin.
    Reddest Robin has a nice ring to it.

He should become the next Sandman.

Rook is cool tho.