Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So Tim and Bruce should fight to the death over who gets to be Batman? That’s a bit extreme but I’m game.
    That's how Bruce Wayne end's up dead. Shot in the face with tricked out guns and the robins finally get to fly [or battle for the cowl 2]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So Tim and Bruce should fight to the death over who gets to be Batman? That’s a bit extreme but I’m game.
    I like that idea.

This is not a suggestion I'm making for Tim, because it's a stoopid name, but Batboy hasn't been used in the main universe, has it?

For Tim a riff on the ornithological Robin is the obvious/predictable way to go, and a bird noted for intelligence possibly.

Owls, Crows, Magpies, Mynahs

Or maybe a new identity should go offbeat. Does he have a detective hero? other than Bruce obviously. Robin Holmes ha! nah

Fantastic Member

A potential storyline for Tim could be Owlman. He get's thrown into that verse shortly after owlman's death and takes on that role to take down the Injustice league.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    I find it hilarious that people call Tim a Gary-Stu but somehow think Damian isn’t. He’s literally the son of Batman, trained by assassination, and can fight on par with Slade by the time he is thirteen. Only a token effort is made to have him be responsible for his bratty attitude but he mostly gets away with it.

All Batman characters are garystu/Mary sues to some extent and the intensity of that varies depending on the author, but singling our Tim as somehow being the only one is stupid thinking.
    Mary Sue and Gary Stu are meaningless words now. Most people just call the character they dislike Mary Sues/Gary Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    A potential storyline for Tim could be Owlman. He get's thrown into that verse shortly after owlman's death and takes on that role to take down the Injustice league.
    Nah, the Crime Syndicate is pretty lame most of the time, i don't want Tim close to then at all. Besides multiverse journey is not something that i want Tim to get involved outisde of team groups.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    The Crimson Cardinal.
    This guy gets it. I've suggested this in other threads before. It sounds like a pulpy detective character from the early days of DC. Give him a fedora and crimson trench coat. Feature him in detective/private investigator stories.

That pretty clearly isnt the direction Bendis is going with his Wonder Comics though.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    The Crimson Cardinal.
    This guy gets it. I've suggested this in other threads before. It sounds like a pulpy detective character from the early days of DC. Give him a fedora and crimson trench coat. Feature him in detective/private investigator stories.
    Somebody else has used that look in the animated shows.

Crimson Avenger

Also, "Crimson Cardinal" makes him sound like the masked avenger for the Catholic church.

I mean, that's pretty close to the look I'd like for him. And you could also say it makes him sound too much like the avenger for the St Louis baseball team, but that wouldn't make me rethink it either I was aware office of Cardinal in the Catholic church when I first made the suggestion. I don't think it detracts from the name at all.

Either way though, the name lends itself to solo pulpy detective stories like Dick Tracy stuff. Tim seems to be going more towards the team leading youngster route. Name and look doesn't really fit that role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    What about Rook? As in the chess piece....give Tim a chess theme, if not just the Rook, name him the White Rook or Black Rook or even Red Rook...? It could play into his critical thinking abilities and detective skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    I actually like that suggestion...
    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He should become the next Sandman.

Rook is cool tho.
    The Rook is the name of a villainess. I think she appeared in an issue of Justice League.

I'm sure the Rooster is available.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    The Rook is the name of a villainess. I think she appeared in an issue of Justice League.

I'm sure the Rooster is available.
    She appeared one time in Justice League Quarterly 8. I am sure there would be no issue with Tim taking the name as no one has used it post Flashpoint let alone in the twenty seven years in between JLQ #8 and now.

BANNED

There's always "The Buzzard."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    There's always "The Buzzard."
    Tim is a member of the Bar Family,not the Wyatt Family.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Tim is a member of the Bar Family,not the Wyatt Family.
    Wyatt family? The only one of those I know of is Wyatt Wingfoot from the old Fantastic Four book, and I didn't like the way he treated. Tim's new identity could be "Ostrich"--a very large and bad-tempered bird. Maybe "Peacock", given all his fancy costumes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Wyatt family? The only one of those I know of is Wyatt Wingfoot from the old Fantastic Four book, and I didn't like the way he treated. Tim's new identity could be "Ostrich"--a very large and bad-tempered bird. Maybe "Peacock", given all his fancy costumes.
    Wyatt Family were a wrestling group with WWE, the boss of the group Bray Wyatt would always say 'Follow the buzzard.'