Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wyatt Family were a wrestling group with WWE, the boss of the group Bray Wyatt would always say 'Follow the buzzard.'
    Ah. I totally missed out on that. I think WWF is on TV here, not WWE. Another idea for Tim's new identity I just had: "Parakeet."

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Ah. I totally missed out on that. I think WWF is on TV here, not WWE.
    Uh, WHEN are you living?

WWE is just a re-named/rebranding of WWF. They changed to WWE back in 2002, after legal tussles with the World Wildlife Fund over the "WWF" designation.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Uh, WHEN are you living?

WWE is just a re-named/rebranding of WWF. They changed to WWE back in 2002, after legal tussles with the World Wildlife Fund over the "WWF" designation.
    Oasis is a time traveler, confirmed.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Thanks, byrd--you explained it better than I ever could, and much more kindly than "Alzheimers." Yeah, the Wildlife Wrestling Foundation. That stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think he definitely wishes he was one.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

So Found this video on Youtube about the Original Black Condor.

The identity stealing sometimes stalker-asspull-ability-having hero with a confused history/origin who was raised by birds. I thought of Tim instantly . He sometimes wears hoods, used to wear Red, isn't opposed to comforting a lady in mourning and later even has the showgirl wings.

The Character used to appear on Crack Comics which was later ought by DC.

Oasis is a Time Traveller.

BANNED

Black Condor has the worst costume EVER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Black Condor has the worst costume EVER.
    Not even close. Still bad tho.

Also so much salt in a single post sparkles.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Not even close. Still bad tho.

Also so much salt in a single post sparkles.
    Was aiming for humour but my bitterness might have surfaced. DC messed up big time and I guess deep down it still angers me.
    Is the current Tim the guy you met when you 1st started reading him in comics? Tim Drake right now isn't Tim. This video reminded me of some of the bad decisions and problems still present.
    Current Tim is far from the original. It'll take a lot of work to restore him which is depressing.

If there is salt, it's not intentional but honestly it's deserved because he got ruined.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-03-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Was aiming for humour but my bitterness might have surfaced. DC messed up big time and I guess deep down it still angers me.
    Is the current Tim the guy you met when you 1st started reading him in comics? Tim Drake right now isn't Tim. This video reminded me of some of the bad decisions and problems still present.
    Current Tim is far from the original. It'll take a lot of work to restore him which is depressing.

If there is salt, it's not intentional but honestly it's deserved because he got ruined.
    The easiest fix for all DC characters would have been for Wally to use superspeed to touch everyone, thus giving them their memories back.

For Tim, this means struggling with having his parents back and not knowing where Kon is. Good starting point for a solo series. Add in that he’s younger than pren52 and you have some interesting stories to play

Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    The easiest fix for all DC characters would have been for Wally to use superspeed to touch everyone, thus giving them their memories back.

For Tim, this means struggling with having his parents back and not knowing where Kon is. Good starting point for a solo series. Add in that he’s younger than pren52 and you have some interesting stories to play
    Tim They could have just said that the Tim Not Drake from New52 was an imposter. That's how the Oz taking Tim arc should have played out. With the pre 52 Tim returning having been snatched for whatever reason just before new52 and replaced with the imposter.

It gets rid of his Parents who are really problematic .

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Doesn’t the whole “touching to remember” thing work if you have some super special bond with the person? I’m not quite sure that would work.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Doesn’t the whole “touching to remember” thing work if you have some super special bond with the person? I’m not quite sure that would work.
    Honestly it read as “Wally’s magic touch” to me. It’s comic book logic.

Meh. Maybe we will get that happen with Bart/Conner.

Honestly I don’t think can truly be fixed unless in story it is addressed.

Astonishing Member

Honestly it read as “Wally’s magic touch” to me. It’s comic book logic.

Meh. Maybe we will get that happen with Bart/Conner.

Honestly I don’t think can truly be fixed unless in story it is addressed.
    The "Wally's magic touch" only make people remember Wally.

However, they just remember their current continuity story with Wally (which has Dick Robin with pants). Not their Pre-Flashpoint story.

In the case of Bendis, he seems to ignore the previous continuity and rewrite the story of YJ crew at some level.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-04-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

The rewrite of Bendis for YJ crew:

- Cassie is grandaughter of Zeus (like New52), but her powers don't depend of weapons now. Also, it seems her mother has a more prominent role (I suspect her mother is the daughter of Zeus now).

- Bendis let the return of Bart to Williamson, who used the "lost in the speed force" story. However, Tim, Cassie and Conner seems to remember Bart without magic touch.

- We have seem some sketch of YJ 3 about the past of Conner, there are moments that doesn't fit in Pre-Flashpoint continuity. Also, he seems to have lived in Smallville, but this story should be different, since Kent died before his creation.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-04-2019 at 06:38 AM.