Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The "Wally's magic touch" only make people remember Wally.

However, they just remember their current continuity story with Wally (which has Dick Robin with pants). Not their Pre-Flashpoint story.

In the case of Bendis, he seems to ignore the previous continuity and rewrite the story of YJ crew at some level.
    Those characters should belong solely to Bendis. Nobody else can use them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Was aiming for humour but my bitterness might have surfaced. DC messed up big time and I guess deep down it still angers me.
    Is the current Tim the guy you met when you 1st started reading him in comics? Tim Drake right now isn't Tim. This video reminded me of some of the bad decisions and problems still present.
    Current Tim is far from the original. It'll take a lot of work to restore him which is depressing.

If there is salt, it's not intentional but honestly it's deserved because he got ruined.
    Bendis Tim is the closest to the original character than it has been since Robin 97 probably. He is beat by beat the Robin in the original Young justice series, and i dont know if he gets to keep being Robin or not, but this time as Robin again has worked wonderfully as a palate cleanser.
    Since the new 52 even Tims best moments have always had an asterisk, the proverbial turd in your icecream that is the baggage of everything that happened since. Hes actually likable for christs sake.

I have many, many problems with Bendis, but the dude is doing a fantastic job with these kids. And hes about 1000 times better than Tomasi, hes been portraying the character like crap for a long time now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Bendis Tim is the closest to the original character than it has been since Robin 97 probably. He is beat by beat the Robin in the original Young justice series, and i dont know if he gets to keep being Robin or not, but this time as Robin again has worked wonderfully as a palate cleanser.
    Since the new 52 even Tims best moments have always had an asterisk, the proverbial turd in your icecream that is the baggage of everything that happened since. Hes actually likable for christs sake.

I have many, many problems with Bendis, but the dude is doing a fantastic job with these kids. And hes about 1000 times better than Tomasi, hes been portraying the character like crap for a long time now.
    Young Justice is the best thing Bendis has written in years,people don't want to give him credit because they are angry about that he's aged up Jon.

Considering that Tomasi has only written Tim in 3 arcs since he used in his Nightwing run [I task you to find flaws in his writing there] that's simply a ridiculous claim.

3 stories = has been portraying him like crap for a long time?

Tynion, Lobdell those writers don't get that honour for prolonged crappy Tim Drake portrayal? I guess some fans liked 52 TT Tim. Different strokes but 3 stories in 2 titles isn't a long time even if those stories were published years apart.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    So Found this video on Youtube about the Original Black Condor.

The identity stealing sometimes stalker-asspull-ability-having hero with a confused history/origin who was raised by birds. I thought of Tim instantly . He sometimes wears hoods, used to wear Red, isn't opposed to comforting a lady in mourning and later even has the showgirl wings.

The Character used to appear on Crack Comics which was later ought by DC.

Oasis is a Time Traveller.
    This gave me Joy. Shade from way back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Considering that Tomasi has only written Tim in 3 arcs since he used in his Nightwing run [I task you to find flaws in his writing there] that's simply a ridiculous claim.

3 stories = has been portraying him like crap for a long time?

Tynion, Lobdell those writers don't get that honour for prolonged crappy Tim Drake portrayal? I guess some fans liked 52 TT Tim. Different strokes but 3 stories in 2 titles isn't a long time even if those stories were published years apart.
    Nope, Tomasi always wrote Tim as an idiot, temperamental and easily the most unlikable character in the group. He was clearly always pushing for Damian being the bigger men. He had Bruce punch him for christ sake.

Tomasi did a lot of harm to the character.

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

td3.jpg

Also depicted their relationship backwards. Damian is the jealous one, Tim is the one upset with Damian being unworthy of taking up the Robin mantle. Not that it makes any bloody sense in that continuity.

Instead we see Damian trying to prove Tim is unworthy for thinking about killing someone? literally everyone in the Batfamily has thought of that, even Bruce, it literally proves nothing. That whole sequence is beyond ridiculous. And Tim is the one thats jealous? Why? Tim is the one that that was not Robin having no claim on that, Tim is the one that severed ties with Bruce and went on to become the founder of the teen titans.

So either Tomasi is doing it on a meta level to capture the tension between the characters pre reboot, in which case, as i said, he got it backwards. Or he isnt and its just an incoherent mess.
    Last edited by Mataza; 03-04-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Nope, Tomasi always wrote Tim as an idiot, temperamental and easily the most unlikable character in the group. He was clearly always pushing for Damian being the bigger men. He had Bruce punch him for christ sake.

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

td3.jpg
    His Tim in the Nightwing arc was ok, but the rest was pretty meh and to answer Fergus question, no, i wasn't particurlary thrilled with Lodbell or Tynion's take either.

Also that first image should bring Oasis some joy, dude needs it.
    Last edited by TheCape; 03-04-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

td3.jpg
    Tomasi only continued what Johns started. Tim's derailment(and the derailment of everyone else from YJ)began when Johns started writing Teen Titans. Lobdell didn't help much either.
    Last edited by king81992; 03-04-2019 at 03:58 PM.

BANNED

Also this, this is on him. This ridiculous costume and cringy, unearned name is on him.
    The reasoning of the character in the whole storyline here is beyond idiotic and contrived. Everything happens as a consequence of him wanting to murder a child.
    Future Tim literally sets everything up to happen in the only way it could be resolved without the loss of human life, but its all played out as a big coincidence? Either you are purposely trying to shit on the character or you are a bad writer that had no idea what to do with the material and directions he had been given for the event.

Tomasi writes Tim like shit, thats a fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Tomasi only continued what Johns started. Tim's derailment(and the derailment of everyone else from YJ)began when Johns started writing Teen Titans.
    Eh, it wasnt a bad run. He just forced the characters to grow up too harshly. Suddenly these fun team was faced with a very depressing reality. He still wrote them well, but it was the end of an era.

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

td3.jpg

Also depicted their relationship backwards. Damian is the jealous one, Tim is the one upset with Damian being unworthy of taking up the Robin mantle. Not that it makes any bloody sense in that continuity.

Instead we see Damian trying to prove Tim is unworthy for thinking about killing someone? literally everyone in the Batfamily has thought of that, even Bruce, it literally proves nothing. That whole sequence is beyond ridiculous. And Tim is the one thats jealous? Why? Tim is the one that that was not Robin having no claim on that, Tim is the one that severed ties with Bruce and went on to become the founder of the teen titans.

So either Tomasi is doing it on a meta level to capture the tension between the characters pre reboot, in which case, as i said, he got it backwards. Or he isnt and its just an incoherent mess.
    Priest writing Tim so jealous he sets out to prove that Damian isn't a Wayne was more harmful than any of that.

Would-be-Saviour-Tim shooting Bruce with Joe Chill's gun gave me chill's. Shame on you Timothy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Priest writing Tim so jealous he sets out to prove that Damian isn't a Wayne was more harmful than any of that.
    It wasnt harmful at all.
    He had him actually wear the Robin costume, he had him play the part of a detective, he had him actually not go through with it. Id like to see what he could do with the character, Tim certainly fits his style.
    Hopefully some day.

Would-be-Saviour-Tim shooting Bruce with Joe Chill's gun gave me chill's. Shame on you Timothy.
    Im fine with that. Future Tim was always a bastard, but everything he did was carefully planned.
    Also the Savior would have worked if supes had given him the name, kinda like what happened with Dick.

TTim knows he is a murderer, he taints the Batman mantle -> Superman, having his son safe thanks to Tims efforts, tries to cheer him up -> Names him his savior -> TTim is immediately lost to the time stream -> as his conciousness fades he adopts that mantle.

Or something along those lines, you could write the scenario a number of ways. Really corny, but comic book corny. And memorable.
    You could have had Damian tell TTim its never too late for a second chance, bringing it back to Tim not liking Damian for being the killer in the past.
    Also you get to keep Batman of Tomorrow in the cover for one more issue.

BANNED

Tomasi writes Tim like shit, thats a fact.
    I love Tomasi. He's smart enough to know you can't make champagne out of sow manure. BTW, thanks for the panels of joy, brothers. They did my heart good.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 03-04-2019 at 06:45 PM.

It wasnt harmful at all.
    He had him actually wear the Robin costume, he had him play the part of a detective, he had him actually not go through with it. Id like to see what he could do with the character, Tim certainly fits his style.
    Hopefully some day.

Im fine with that. Future Tim was always a bastard, but everything he did was carefully planned.
    Also the Savior would have worked if supes had given him the name, kinda like what happened with Dick.

TTim knows he is a murderer, he taints the Batman mantle -> Superman, having his son safe thanks to Tims efforts, tries to cheer him up -> Names him his savior -> TTim is immediately lost to the time stream -> as his conciousness fades he adopts that mantle.

Or something along those lines, you could write the scenario a number of ways. Really corny, but comic book corny. And memorable.
    You could have had Damian tell TTim its never too late for a second chance, bringing it back to Tim not liking Damian for being the killer in the past.
    Also you get to keep Batman of Tomorrow in the cover for one more issue.
    He was a Bastard hence Bruce's word "Shame on you Timothy" and the reason why I got chills. Didn't think he'd shoot Bruce.

Imo the faked DNA results was far more damaging. That takes jealous to another level.
    Falling for a con that just landed on you lap doesn't showcase competent detective skills. Why didn't Tim run his own tests? Damian's DNA sample's all over the place.

No comment on Tim fit's his style.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I love Tomasi. He's smart enough to know you can't make champagne out of sow manure. BTW, thanks for the panels of joy, brothers. They did my heart good.
    At least he made him a good planner and seamstress.