Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    At least he made him a good planner and seamstress.
    Also a fashion dog who wears spats on his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post

This was Really really BAD and extra cringy. Though I found it funny as well

He was a Bastard hence Bruce's word "Shame on you Timothy" and the reason why I got chills. Didn't think he'd shoot Bruce.

Imo the faked DNA results was far more damaging. That takes jealous to another level.
    Falling for a con that just landed on you lap doesn't showcase competent detective skills. Why didn't Tim run his own tests? Damian's DNA sample's all over the place.

No comment on Tim fit's his style.
    lol.

More people really should read and follow Christopher Priest. I hope he gets a Batman gig

Astonishing Member

The Crimson Cardinal. Maybe some Globe trotting for maybe a year or so before returning to the old hat dc territories. Maybe he partners with Crimson Fox. Maybe he and some other hero or heroine currently at loose ends do a Hal and ollie cross country thing. OOh maybe with Wildcat. Is Ted one of Bruce's mentors in the current mythos or did that get scrapped with the new 52?

BANNED

He was a Bastard hence Bruce's word "Shame on you Timothy" and the reason why I got chills. Didn't think he'd shoot Bruce.
    I knew he would. From the titans of tomorrow he was a villain, not an anti hero. I remember him programming people with raven powers, torturing slade, and being outright evil. All to create a "better" world. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

Imo the faked DNA results was far more damaging. That takes jealous to another level.
    You are confusing his motivation in the story:
    1) He never faked the DNA results. He made the video to confront Damian about it. He decided against sending it.
    2) It was also to put the silly "jealousy" thing to rest, he didnt see Bruce as a father, and thought Bruce probably didnt see any of his Robins as anything more than soldiers in his war. So there was nothing to be jealous about. Which by how Bruce dropped the picture of his robins and duke like it was a piece of crap, i dont think Tim was far off the mark. Its clear priest believes Bruce doesnt much care.
    3) He wanted to be Robin, it was all he had. Dick took it away from him to give it to Damian.
    4) He believes Damian to be evil. And he despised him when he made the video.
    5) He never sent the video, he understood he wasnt in the right place mentally and just let it sit there, this was around the time of Bruces death.

His own "death" in detective was the reason Damian went through his stuff is how he found the video. Have you read the story? Because it feels like you havent, or like you just skimmed over it.

Falling for a con that just landed on you lap doesn't showcase competent detective skills. Why didn't Tim run his own tests? Damian's DNA sample's all over the place.
    Except he was never sure enough to release his findings. Also Tim did have them test the results, no matter how many times he did they always came out the same. Because Talia had falsified the results every single time on every lab he went to.
    He did use Damians DNA to run a blind DNA marker search, thats how he found slade.
    This was all a plan of Talia to try to get a relationship with Slade, using Damian as bait. She also wanted to make more and stronger children than Damian with him, part of a plan.
    Last edited by Mataza; 03-05-2019 at 11:25 AM.

I thought this thread was about Coming up with Tim's new name[even though he already got one but whatever]

@Mataza that a ton of work. Tim's put in a lot time and effort in proving Damian wasn't Damian Wayne. Presumably this is also while attending school, training, doing hero work, eating, sleeping and going to the loo. All because he was Jealous [Priest gave an interview in the run up to the book coming out and the motivation behind the test was jealousy. That is the only reason Priest gave. That he was jealous of Damian so he sets out to prove that Bruce isn't the father]

To dedicate that much time, effect and research that's insane. I don't know or care which is more damaging but the reason behind the test was jealousy. just to clear that part up.

@mataza @fergus can you guys stop derailing this. Not sure why anyone had to drag Tomasi's name in to this.
    Always so much bitterness in these things. It's annoying.

getting back on track. I think for n ow Tim should be Robin. He can't move on. He isn't about to graduate since he has been at 16 and in YJ. Tim's got 2 option s Robin or RedRobin. That's it. That or limboed under the Red Robin name [option 3]

He isn't where Dick or Jason are. He is a sidekick so he has to have a sidekick name .
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-05-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Gonna be awkward when somebody yells “Robin!” only for both Damian and Tim to respond at the same time

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Gonna be awkward when somebody yells “Robin!” only for both Damian and Tim to respond at the same time
    That did happen and Batman had to explain he meant Damian. In Blackest night I think.

I think we are going to end up with TimRobin in YJ, DamianRobin in TT and Supersons, Writers -choice-Robin in the Batman books expect when the whole bat family is needed then both will show.

Well, if Dick is Nightwing and Jason is Red Hood, why not let Tim be . . . Night Hood?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    @Mataza that a ton of work. Tim's put in a lot time and effort in proving Damian wasn't Damian Wayne.
    Nope, Priests take on detective work, for which he praised Tim in that story, is that a detective does not try to prove something, he searches for the truth.
    The fact that Tim had several tests made implied that he didnt settle for the first result.

Presumably this is also while attending school, training, doing hero work, eating, sleeping and going to the loo.
    He has always managed to do a lot with his limited time, hes got nothing on Bruce tho.

All because he was Jealous [Priest gave an interview in the run up to the book coming out and the motivation behind the test was jealousy. That is the only reason Priest gave. That he was jealous of Damian so he sets out to prove that Bruce isn't the father.
    Then he got it wrong. Because Tim had no reason to be jealous of Damian. But every reason to hate him.

@mataza @fergus can you guys stop derailing this. Not sure why anyone had to drag Tomasi's name in to this.
    Tomasi always shat on the character, plenty of reason to discuss him on a thread about the direction of a character he wrote.
    I will stop if they stop attacking the character tho.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I don't know if it was already suggested but how about "Detective Hawke" or "Insider"?
    Wiki says that are former identities of Bruce Wayne/Batman. And I think Tim could turn this identities in something new and exciting like Dick did for Nightwing and Jason for Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Nope, Priests take on detective work, for which he praised Tim in that story, is that a detective does not try to prove something, he searches for the truth.
    The fact that Tim had several tests made implied that he didnt settle for the first result.

He has always managed to do a lot with his limited time, hes got nothing on Bruce tho.

Then he got it wrong. Because Tim had no reason to be jealous of Damian. But every reason to hate him.

Tomasi always shat on the character, plenty of reason to discuss him on a thread about the direction of a character he wrote.
    I will stop if they stop attacking the character tho.
    Anyway...............

@MajorHoy while i like the name I'm not a fan of Tim's independent hero name coming from his two elders. Cut the umblicable cord to bats and Robin then hook up an adapter to Nightwing and Red hood. Two mantle's that like Batman and Robin already done the work and established themselves.

It says nothing about Tim other than see these cool guys you like hey used to be Robin and I was the 3rd after them yo
    Nightwing and Red Hood have nothing to do with each other. Don't tie them together via Tim. And what happens if Tim remain's 16 and Damian passes him. Will Tim's new name have to link 3 heroes [4 if we count Duke]

OH MY I'GOT ONE! Night Hood Spoil

BANNED

Hood Knight. Ten characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, if Dick is Nightwing and Jason is Red Hood, why not let Tim be . . . Night Hood?
    I know you jest, but I like it more than some other options I've seen tossed around.

Night Hood......knighthood.....Dark Knight.......it sorta works.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know you jest, but I like it more than some other options I've seen tossed around.

Night Hood......knighthood.....Dark Knight.......it sorta works.
    Maybe have him be the new Knight with a Squire or something.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics