Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Man, this has to be an annual tradition at this point.
    Monthly at the very least.

while i loathed almost everything about the new 52 tim drake, i thought the red robin name was fine. differentiates from damian, ties in a bit to kingdom come. everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    while i loathed almost everything about the new 52 tim drake, i thought the red robin name was fine. differentiates from damian, ties in a bit to kingdom come. everybody wins.
    And who wouldn't want to be confused with a burger chain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Robin! Apparently.

When Ric returns to Dick, he will decide to return to Robin. When Jason gets over his Joker trauma, he will go back to being Robin. Tim forgets that he's discount Robin not actual Robin. Damian is Robin. They will form a team called We Are Robin.

And they'll all eat pizza and skateboard or something stupid like that.
    This is a major improvement compared to some of the stuff that DC has been publishing recently.

Astonishing Member

Tim should take on the Flamebird identity. No one has used it for years and it sounds cooler than Red Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    2. It was generally accepted that Drake moved on from the Robin moniker. Having him back in the role is like having adult Dick Grayson back in the role of the boy wonder, or having adult Wally West back in the role of Kid Flash. It's just a little odd.

So this is a thread to suggest a new name for Tim Drake!
    Personally, I would give him the "Flamebird" identity that was originally spotted by Betty Kane.
    I disagree. Tim ONLY wanted to be Robin and he was the one person who was meant to be Robin. It was editorial that basically forced him out of the Robin suit because of Morrison's saga going on, I for one never accepted it even though the Red Robin solo was great. If some writer is able to develop a new identity for him and make it a natural development then I won't mind, but DC shouldn't be in any sort of rush to change his character.
    Last edited by Elmo; 02-20-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

The Crimson Cardinal.

He was Red Robin. Now, he will be "Yummm!"

Astonishing Member

I still say Flamebird is a better name for Damien, personally.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I still say Flamebird is a better name for Damian, personally.
    Fixed for accuracy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I disagree. Tim ONLY wanted to be Robin and he was the one person who was meant to be Robin. It was editorial that basically forced him out of the Robin suit because of Morrison's saga going on, I for one never accepted it even though the Red Robin solo was great. If some writer is able to develop a new identity for him and make it a natural development then I won't mind, but DC shouldn't be in any sort of rush to change his character.
    This. Also that the whole point of red Robin disappeared with the new 52. He should have gone back to being Robin then.

Instead they took everything from him and made him into a new character. And then they were surprised it never took.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Bendis seems to have confirmed in reddit that Damian and Tim won't share the identity of Robin for a lot time. However, he does not specify who will change his identity (although I guess Tim is the most likely).

Question: Secondly, with 2 Robins and 2 Superboys, will we see a name change for 1 from each set or will they all operate simultaneously but on separate teams? (ie- Jon/Damian with TT and Conner/Tim with YJ)

Bendis: And yes, there will be some rebranding and some new looks. Change is good!
    I honestly hope it'll be Tim who'll change indeed.

Because if it's Damian who graduate from Robin while Tim get regressed to this identity, it'll cement the idea that he can't ever be anything but Robin. Which would be a disservice to the character, I think.

With everything going on in TT and upcoming Deathstroke, makes me wonder if Damian may be in store for a change.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I honestly hope it'll be Tim who'll change indeed.

Because if it's Damian who graduate from Robin while Tim get regressed to this identity, it'll cement the idea that he can't ever be anything but Robin. Which would be a disservice to the character, I think.
    Admittedly I'm not the biggest Tim Drake fan (i don't dislike him at all, I just don't follow him), but would it be such a hit to the character? Isn't being Robin all that he actually wants? I though (and could be wrong) that he always assumed that he would be Robin for a while, and then retire from superheroing.

I wish there was never a 5th robin. Tim is a better Robin than Damian