Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 853
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Admittedly I'm not the biggest Tim Drake fan (i don't dislike him at all, I just don't follow him), but would it be such a hit to the character? Isn't being Robin all that he actually wants? I though (and could be wrong) that he always assumed that he would be Robin for a while, and then retire from superheroing.
    Well, I just think it would be sad.

    I don't really like Tim, I even think that he introduced a very bad idea to the Batman corner of the DCU, that Batman needs a Robin to not lose it.

    But how bad it would be for him to have a younger kid overtake him in the department of Robin Graduation ?

    I mean, I would like for Damian to move out and have his own name as a hero (and I can think of a few, such as Bloodbat, Darkwing, Hellbat, Nightblood - each with a different reason for the name and aesthetic and what to explore with the character). But if Tim doesn't first, I think it won't be long before a reboot will come where Damian is the third Robin and Tim the fourth, if only to keep ages and graduations from the Robin mantle consistent. And it would lead to an awful mess.

  2. #32
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,865

    Default

    It’s obviously gonna be Damian and Jon that will have to change their name. The failures with the YJ gen is going to cemented them, and characters like Damian and Jon will pay the price. Jon is already on his way out. Change is good, just not for the YJ characters lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-20-2019 at 10:51 AM.

  3. #33
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It’s obviously gonna be Damian and Jon that will have to change their name. The failures with the YJ gen is going to cemented them, and characters like Damian and Jon will pay the price. Jon is already on his way out. Change is good, just not for the YJ characters lol.
    However, Bart is Impulse now. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan change the identities for YJ characters.

    Damian is promoted as a Robin, I don't think he is going to lose the identity.

    Also, I don't think Bendis has control over Damian.
    Last edited by Konja7; 02-20-2019 at 11:35 AM.

  4. #34
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,865

    Default

    Bart began as Impulse.

  5. #35
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bart began as Impulse.
    I know that

    However, my point is that Impulse is an identinty not related to Flash. So, I think it is possible the other Young Justice characters will have "independent" identities in the future.

  6. #36
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Bendis seems to have confirmed in reddit that Damian and Tim won't share the identity of Robin for a lot time. However, he does not specify who will change his identity (although I guess Tim is the most likely).

    Question: Secondly, with 2 Robins and 2 Superboys, will we see a name change for 1 from each set or will they all operate simultaneously but on separate teams? (ie- Jon/Damian with TT and Conner/Tim with YJ)

    Bendis: And yes, there will be some rebranding and some new looks. Change is good!
    This is great news. Another reason to read Young Justice.

  7. #37
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Bendis seems to have confirmed in reddit that Damian and Tim won't share the identity of Robin for a lot time. However, he does not specify who will change his identity (although I guess Tim is the most likely).

    Question: Secondly, with 2 Robins and 2 Superboys, will we see a name change for 1 from each set or will they all operate simultaneously but on separate teams? (ie- Jon/Damian with TT and Conner/Tim with YJ)

    Bendis: And yes, there will be some rebranding and some new looks. Change is good!
    I disagree. Tim isn't going to get a new identity Damian is.
    The comment from Bendis is a clue. Tim just got re-branded with a new look. They are not going to change it yet again. Not a wise move.
    They already tried to change Tim [from sidekick to independent hero] and that failed. Change isn't good for his character like it was for the 1st two. He was designed to be Robin. That's what he is and like others have said it's all he wanted to be.


    Damian will graduate [hopefully successfully like Dick and Jason] with a new look and a new id. I expect he is also about to be aged up.

    Can't wait to see the new look and id. I've got so many directions come to mind. [fingers crossed] Bruce gets his happily ever after with Selina. Damian becomes Batman with Robin Tim

    It's a long wait till the end of King's Batman when the restructure happens. On the upside we are in for some exciting stories which should make the time fly.

    DC comics bout to get interesting once again.

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, Bart is Impulse now. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan change the identities for YJ characters.

    Damian is promoted as a Robin, I don't think he is going to lose the identity.

    Also, I don't think Bendis has control over Damian.
    Dick Grayson is also promoted as Robin in outside media.
    Bendis isn't writing it. We've known for quite a while now that following King's run the batverse was going to be restructured. DC and comics site having been talking about big changes coming. Maybe fans forgot cos it was all mentioned back when before Rebirth ended.

  9. #39
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I disagree. Tim isn't going to get a new identity Damian is.
    The comment from Bendis is a clue. Tim just got re-branded with a new look. They are not going to change it yet again. Not a wise move.
    They already tried to change Tim [from sidekick to independent hero] and that failed. Change isn't good for his character like it was for the 1st two. He was designed to be Robin. That's what he is and like others have said it's all he wanted to be.


    Damian will graduate [hopefully successfully like Dick and Jason] with a new look and a new id. I expect he is also about to be aged up.

    Can't wait to see the new look and id. I've got so many directions come to mind. [fingers crossed] Bruce gets his happily ever after with Selina. Damian becomes Batman with Robin Tim

    It's a long wait till the end of King's Batman when the restructure happens. On the upside we are in for some exciting stories which should make the time fly.

    DC comics bout to get interesting once again.
    Maybe Damian new identity will be Batboy. After all, he wants to be Batman in the future.


    Honestly, I still Tim is the more likely to change his identity.

    Bendis is clearly referring to a re-branding (with new look) that is going to happen later in his story. So, I don't think he will change Damian identity as Robin.

    Bendis made Tim a Robin again to use the nostalgia for Young Justice. However, it wouldn't be weird that Bendis wants a new identity (and look) for Tim in the future.

  10. #40
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dick Grayson is also promoted as Robin in outside media.
    Bendis isn't writing it. We've known for quite a while now that following King's run the batverse was going to be restructured. DC and comics site having been talking about big changes coming. Maybe fans forgot cos it was all mentioned back when before Rebirth ended.
    I just not speak only about outside media. We recently have statues of the Batfamily with Damian as Robin.

    The Batverse may be restructured by King, but I don't think Damian's ieentity as Robin is in danger.

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    They already tried to change Tim [from sidekick to independent hero] and that failed. Change isn't good for his character like it was for the 1st two. He was designed to be Robin. That's what he is and like others have said it's all he wanted to be.
    This is patently untrue. What they did with Tim in the new 52 was the equivalent of taking Damian and turning him into an alien and the son of beast boy and a regular house cat.
    You cant expect any character to succeed in the circumstances thrusted into the character for the period of lenght he was.

    He already had his test and Red Robin was met with a good reception and fondly remembered even today.
    Lets not forget Damian was the one that failed at starring an actual Robin solo here. This revisionism is really annoying.

  12. #42
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    This is patently untrue. What they did with Tim in the new 52 was the equivalent of taking Damian and turning him into an alien and the son of beast boy and a regular house cat.
    You cant expect any character to succeed in the circumstances thrusted into the character for the period of lenght he was.

    He already had his test and Red Robin was met with a good reception and fondly remembered even today.
    Lets not forget Damian was the one that failed at starring an actual Robin solo here. This revisionism is really annoying.
    What solo did try anything with Damian as Robin ? I'm genuinely curious, I can only think to Robin : Son of Batman, at the tail end of New 52, which is a great read.

    I also find a little funny that the Red Robin solo would be considered great for Tim, when it was basically a pure rip-off of traditional Batman stories while Dick was Batman with Damian as his Robin. I think it doomed it the moment Bruce had returned.

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    What solo did try anything with Damian as Robin ? I'm genuinely curious, I can only think to Robin : Son of Batman, at the tail end of New 52, which is a great read.
    The mini Damian: son of Batman. Which failed to grab anyones attention and was a complete mess from the little i remember from that forgettable slog. Which really tells you something for a book with Batman and Robin on the title and SON with huge bright letters.

    I also find a little funny that the Red Robin solo would be considered great for Tim, when it was basically a pure rip-off of traditional Batman stories
    Theres so much wrong with this:
    1) Batman style stories on a Bat title being called a rip off betrays your blatant bias. Fact is Batman dark and pulpy storytelling is a staple of the genre and not of Batman. And 10 years down the line we still havent gotten any Batman story even resembling the style and tone of Red Robin, which goes to show you the niche is still there ready to be filled and what a massive wasted opportunity the whole thing has been.
    2) It was a great direction for Tim because the character embodies batmans traditional methods and aproach to crime fighting. At least when it comes to the 80s-2000s batman. Also the dark tone fit a character that had gone through so many tragedies, in a way mirroring Bruces tragedy.
    3) It was a great coming of age story. It was about the character stumbling to spread his wings, but finally finding his way towards a brighter future.
    4) You dont find it funny at all

    while Dick was Batman with Damian as his Robin. I think it doomed it the moment Bruce had returned.
    Nope, sales numbers stayed fairly stable after Bruce made a come back and we still had some pretty good stories. There was interest in Red Robin and Nicieza managed to keep the character relevant.
    Also, and this is my personal opinion but im sure some people share it, it was interesting all the way through. There are very few books that manage to keep me excited from one issue to the next, and this was one of them.

  14. #44
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    What solo did try anything with Damian as Robin ? I'm genuinely curious, I can only think to Robin : Son of Batman, at the tail end of New 52, which is a great read.

    I also find a little funny that the Red Robin solo would be considered great for Tim, when it was basically a pure rip-off of traditional Batman stories while Dick was Batman with Damian as his Robin. I think it doomed it the moment Bruce had returned.
    How much do you actually know about Tim Drake ? i'm genuinely curious, your posts in this thread have me in doubt
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  15. #45
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    This is patently untrue. What they did with Tim in the new 52 was the equivalent of taking Damian and turning him into an alien and the son of beast boy and a regular house cat.
    You cant expect any character to succeed in the circumstances thrusted into the character for the period of lenght he was.

    He already had his test and Red Robin was met with a good reception and fondly remembered even today.
    Lets not forget Damian was the one that failed at starring an actual Robin solo here. This revisionism is really annoying.
    Damian's solo had near identical figures to Red Robin you know and the series was ended for Supersons once the new 52 started.

    So not at all a failure. That's like me saying the Supersons failed because the title was cancelled prematurely.

    Unbunch Mataza and stop making assumptions. No one said new 52 was the change. If you took the time to read not just skim the fact that said it was a move from sidekick to independent solo hero might have clued you in since New 52 Tim was always a sidekick.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •