Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

They should've ripped off the Condor Joe color palette if they wanted primary brown.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At least pouches serve a purpose . . . better than giving heroes and villains fanny packs.
    ONLY if you pull stuff out of the pouches. weapons, grenades, first aid kit, camera... This is why people complain about 90's Cyclops and Cable having too many pouches, but nobody ever criticizes Batman his Utility belt. If the pouches are used... than they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post

Could be.
    Yeah.... don't like it. Too busy and weird. Looks like something closer to the New Gods than Batfamily. And really... Tim needs a Cape. :/

A cape would make it better. It's kind of ugly, but it's on the right track. It doesn't step on any toes, and its not just a Robin costume.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-17-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Pain View Post
    Its Robverine!
    After the vibrant red and greens of his previous costumes, this one is slightly dull (but still very busy) with the brown. He definitely needs some kind of chest emblem and a Cape would add nice contrast.
    I dont know how I feel about Sparrow. Nightowl would be cool. With Bendis having said he will be getting a "very young justice name" it makes me wonder if they are giving him the Secret codename.

so what is tim's hero name now?

Skidmark

I don't mind the color scheme but actual suit needs work. It doesn't look like it belongs to anything, it reminds me of those boring ass costumes that Brion and Halo wear in YJ.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'll have to see more of the suit but I like it well enough. It's not *that* busy compared to modern designs, it's a color scheme you don't often see (at least compared to the brighter, primary colors), and it looks....fitting....for Tim.

He does need an emblem of some sort. I'm a big believer in those, for marketing purposes if nothing else. But for all we know this suit is still a work in progress and he'll be adding one (and maybe a cape) down the road.

But honestly, the costume design isn't anything I'm worried about. Costumes are easy to design and easier to update. But a new, quality name? Those are harder to come by.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Fantastic Member

I'm kinda holding out the idea that the suit will include a logo, but currently released versions don't because they might spoil the reveal of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    I'm kinda holding out the idea that the suit will include a logo, but currently released versions don't because they might spoil the reveal of the name.
    That makes sense actually
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    That makes sense actually
    Huh. That would make sense, yeah. I hope that's the case.

Looking at the gold lines on Tim's chest.....I dunno, seems like an awfully small area for an emblem. But then, those Robin "R's" aren't very big either, so.....let's hope there's a hidden emblem, and if there isn't one will be added quickly, I guess.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Saw this on Twitter, had a nice laugh.

IMG_6114.jpg
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Huh. That would make sense, yeah. I hope that's the case.

Looking at the gold lines on Tim's chest.....I dunno, seems like an awfully small area for an emblem. But then, those Robin "R's" aren't very big either, so.....let's hope there's a hidden emblem, and if there isn't one will be added quickly, I guess.
    I have a feeling it's on his belt buckle since they keep blocking it.

Astonishing Member

I always thought that red, yellow, and black suited Tim perfectly. That said, if it weren't for Bendis, I doubt much would be happening with the character at all, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I think the costume works, aside from the yellow parts. That's where it starts to look...gaudy. To be honest, I wish he had kept his winged suit from the start of the New 52. I always liked that one. I'd have been okay with them bringing that suit back and just giving him a new name.

As for names, I'm hoping they stick with the bird theme. I just don't know what works best. I keep hearing Sparrow and Talon being tossed around, but I don't really like either of those for Tim. Condor works well enough. Raptor maybe?