Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

So....who guessed "Drake" first?
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    So....who guessed "Drake" first?
    Not me. Never crossed my mind. I did a quick Google, and apparently "Drake" is the name of an adult male duck. Doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of criminals, but it does have a nice ring to it and it's a pretty solid name for Tim, all things considered.

I definitely approve of this. Far better than what I feared it would be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

What a disappointment.
    Lmao.

Ugh. There's a reason Spider-Gwen was actually Spider-Woman... bang goes his secret identity if he sticks with this.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I do recall saying that I'd prefer it if he were to just go by “Detective Drake” or some such — that is, move out of the costumes vigilante business with its codename stuff. Not what they did; but I think that's as close to guessing it as you're going to get.

And no, I don't think that makes Tim's secret identity conferrable. What investigator would assume that his codename is his secret identity's last name? They'd likely reject the notion it of hand. Hiding in plain sight.

I don't know who said it first, but it truly does feel like this choice is both dumb and brilliant at the same time.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Hate the Drake. Not really, though sort of. I like the idea of just calling him Drake, though not as in some sort of bird persona.

Well, a western dragon is also a drake; so if you want, you can pretend that that's what he's referring to (as opposed to a duck).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not me. Never crossed my mind. I did a quick Google, and apparently "Drake" is the name of an adult male duck. Doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of criminals, but it does have a nice ring to it and it's a pretty solid name for Tim, all things considered.

Drake has two meanings, a dragon and a male duck. Both meanings are going to be applied to Tim's codename. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Well, a western dragon is also a drake; so if you want, you can pretend that that's what he's referring to (as opposed to a duck).
    That’s no better. Drake is his name, just let it be his name. Like Donna Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That’s no better. Drake is his name, just let it be his name. Like Donna Troy.
    And let's have Dick go by the Dick.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Of course it is. It's his last name .

So...he's a duck. Ok then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    And let's have Dick go by the Dick.
    Hey, Grayson was rad

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Can’t wait for Tim to start humming “Marvin’s Room” & “hotline bling” after a hard day of crime fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course it is. It's his last name .
    **Hero** name! You know what I mean

I suppose, if you really wanted to, you could also justify the "dragon" end of the definition with Nightwing. Tim and Dick used to be really close, and in Kryptonian mythology the Nightwing was a dragon.

I mean, that's a thin-ass bridge, but it kinda gives you the hat trick; it's his last name, it's bird-themed, it quietly honors his "big brother." If nothing else there's more "meat" on that than some random bird name like "Finch" or "Woodpecker."

Not concerned about the codename also being his real name. Like, who'd going to think of that? It's about as likely as someone saying "Y'know what? I bet the Flash was called "Flash" back in high school! I'm gonna dig through Central City yearbooks until I find someone who's nickname and chin fits the theory!"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.