Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1036

I still feel like Tim becoming a mysterious mythical detective is a better evolution. In the mold of The Spectre and Phantom Stranger, except using technology and science for the theatrical effects. It shows the side of Batman that he most appreciated, a side that Jason, Dick and Damian never really payed much attention to. The urban legend. And it shows that what really connects Tim and Bruce is the intimate vow that Bruce made when he was 8 years old, a vow to become something far larger than a man.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-06-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Tim Drake's identity should be Flamewing or something. Whatever that other Kryptonian guy's name was.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Not really. Tim Drake was when green started to really dominate the Robin costume, which has heavily influenced adaptations of Dick Grayson and the other Robins' costumes.
    It doesn't matter what happened in the late 80s to 90s though. It's 2021 and when I see fanart that associates the robins with different colors Damian always gets green. The color green has a meaningful connection to Damian because of his family. For Tim that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    It doesn't matter what happened in the late 80s to 90s though. It's 2021 and when I see fanart that associates the robins with different colors Damian always gets green. The color green has a meaningful connection to Damian because of his family. For Tim that is not the case.
    It's 2021 and Tim's current costume has more green than Damian's. As for fanart, the key signifier there is fan. Green will always be more iconic for Tim.

IT doesn't matter, Dick's Robin suit didn't haver any blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    IT doesn't matter, Dick's Robin suit didn't haver any blue.
    It didn't have any pants either.

It didn't have any pants either.
    My point is that the color that Dick and Jason picked for their suits had nothing to do with their Robin suits.

Tim Drake's identity should be Flamewing or something. Whatever that other Kryptonian guy's name was.
    Flamebird, which Bette has already used.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

What has happen to Tim and the Batgirls(Cass and Steph) just goes to show that Nightwing was the best thing to ever happen to Dick Grayson. It was only a matter of time before DC would have wanted a younger character in the Robin mantle, and I have no doubt a lot of the things that plague these newer characters would have plagued Dick to if he hadn’t forged a new Identity. This is a warning to Damian fans.

I still feel like Tim becoming a mysterious mythical detective is a better evolution. In the mold of The Spectre and Phantom Stranger, except using technology and science for the theatrical effects. It shows the side of Batman that he most appreciated, a side that Jason, Dick and Damian never really payed much attention to. The urban legend. And it shows that what really connects Tim and Bruce is the intimate vow that Bruce made when he was 8 years old, a vow to become something far larger than a man.
    Detective Chimp should be his mentor.

Astonishing Member

Sounds like Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Sounds like Mysterio.
    In terms of technology, sure. But the point of "Gaslight" is to create a mysterious but powerful fake spirit of judgment in Gotham City. What's scarier than Batman is a mythical being that floats down and sends you to hell. Like Bruce once said, criminals are a supersticious and cowardly bunch, and a powerful spirit that punishes them for their crimes is the scariest thing they can imagine. Batman can't do this anymore because at this point it's obvious that Batman is just a person. I mean, he might have super soldier serum, who knows, but he's still just a dude. Whereas "Gaslight" is the herald of a god, or a devil, or something worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    What has happen to Tim and the Batgirls(Cass and Steph) just goes to show that Nightwing was the best thing to ever happen to Dick Grayson. It was only a matter of time before DC would have wanted a younger character in the Robin mantle, and I have no doubt a lot of the things that plague these newer characters would have plagued Dick to if he hadn’t forged a new Identity. This is a warning to Damian fans.
    Damian was replaced by Duke as Bruce's latest sidekick at the start of the new 52. the in Rebirth Jarro was the new Robin.

I think Damian fans are well aware that Robin will always be replaced. I'm surprised Tim fans haven't realised that. A lot of them still hold out hope that Tim will someday somehow go back to being the official Robin

The vow connects Bruce and ALL the Robins.
    Trying to give Tim a niche by emphazing his expertise in a skill they all share is a bad Idea because the evidence doesn't actually show him to the the best in any of their shared skills

detective - Dick is the best after Bruce if we look at evidence not just characters telling us what to think. heck even Damian has Tim beat solving a Batman black case mystery at age 13. This alone puts damian in a different league.

Smarts - Duke, Babs and Damian are far smarter.

The best thing way to give Tim a niche is to take him back to his roots. Blud was never Blown up so he likely still has Dana. Give him back his regular life, age him up and have him go to uni.

His niche is he's the everyman who juggles uni and crime fighting. I'm aware that is rehashing a Dick Grayson direction but that was far enough ago that it shouldn't be a problem.

Keep his name as RR. Regardless of what few commenters online say Tim as RR has had more success than any other role/code name the character has held since Damian took Robin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian was replaced by Duke as Bruce's latest sidekick at the start of the new 52. the in Rebirth Jarro was the new Robin.

I think Damian fans are well aware that Robin will always be replaced. I'm surprised Tim fans haven't realised that. A lot of them still hold out hope that Tim will someday somehow go back to being the official Robin
    Well, Duke didn't really survive the transition to Bruce sidekick long-term and kind of dissapeared.
    Now it seems that Bruce's current sidekicks are harley and ghost maker.
    Anyway, Damian is still officaly Robin, but even if he'll lose or ditch the mantle, he has the "son of batman / grandson of Ra's". I don't think losing the Robin mantle would harm him even remotely like it did to Tim.