Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1036

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    The vow connects Bruce and ALL the Robins.
    Trying to give Tim a niche by emphazing his expertise in a skill they all share is a bad Idea because the evidence doesn't actually show him to the the best in any of their shared skills
    I never said that Tim had to be the smartest out of all of them. And all of them "took" the vow, but Tim was the kid that understood Batman better than Bruce did, and that chased after the role of Robin because he knew Batman needed him. He instinctually understood the vow better than any of the others without even knowing Bruce.

That's why I love this idea of Tim being the one to realize that Gotham needs a scary urban legend to haunt the criminals, and creates an entire persona to do what none of the others ever did except for Bruce in the early years.

The "down to earth" isn't a niche. There are dozens and dozens of other heroes that also have that, including people in Gotham City. It doesn't make Tim any more special.

Tim should be Robin, let Damian find a new codename.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I never said that Tim had to be the smartest out of all of them. And all of them "took" the vow, but Tim was the kid that understood Batman better than Bruce did, and that chased after the role of Robin because he knew Batman needed him. He instinctually understood the vow better than any of the others without even knowing Bruce.

That's why I love this idea of Tim being the one to realize that Gotham needs a scary urban legend to haunt the criminals, and creates an entire persona to do what none of the others ever did except for Bruce in the early years.

The "down to earth" isn't a niche. There are dozens and dozens of other heroes that also have that, including people in Gotham City. It doesn't make Tim any more special.
    Where are you getting that nonsense that Tim knew/understood batman better than Bruce?

Bruce never needed Tim as is evident in the fact that the term batjerk was coined during Tim's tenure. Not to mention that both Bruce and Tim himself contradict that fact.

Batman states that he doesn't need Robin what he needs is his family.

Tim comes clean and reveals when pressed that he inisisted on batman needing Robin because he wanted the role. he wanted batman to need him. He wanted to be the one to help Batman.

13 year old Tim didn't know what batman needed. That was a sales pitch and fanon.

If we are to come up with a viable niche for Tim best stay rooted in canon not fanon.

Tim was the everyman. That was his niche. What set him apart till they started trying to make him into Bruce for a brief period.

They should go back to his roots.
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-06-2021 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Well, Duke didn't really survive the transition to Bruce sidekick long-term and kind of dissapeared.
    Now it seems that Bruce's current sidekicks are harley and ghost maker.
    Anyway, Damian is still officaly Robin, but even if he'll lose or ditch the mantle, he has the "son of batman / grandson of Ra's". I don't think losing the Robin mantle would harm him even remotely like it did to Tim.
    I suppose but i still think that Tim fans need to let go of Tim as Robin.

That is a huge part of what is holding Tim back.

The delusion that he can go back to being the main Robin. Even now that he is filling in for Damian and batman is being written by a guy who ran 2 tim Drake fan blogs DC still won't allow him to have Tim as Robin next to bruce.

Until fans make peace with Tim no longer being Robin, There's a huge possibility Tim will forever be in this hell of arrested development that he's being locked in for 10 years
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-06-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Even now that he is filling in for Damian and batman is being written by a guy who ran 2 tim Drake fan blogs DC still won't allow him to have Tim as Robin next to bruce.
    Are you sure? DC has a Robin and Batman book they still have to announce soon.

Extraordinary Member

The vow connects Bruce and ALL the Robins.
    Trying to give Tim a niche by emphazing his expertise in a skill they all share is a bad Idea because the evidence doesn't actually show him to the the best in any of their shared skills

detective - Dick is the best after Bruce if we look at evidence not just characters telling us what to think. heck even Damian has Tim beat solving a Batman black case mystery at age 13. This alone puts damian in a different league.

Smarts - Duke, Babs and Damian are far smarter.

The best thing way to give Tim a niche is to take him back to his roots. Blud was never Blown up so he likely still has Dana. Give him back his regular life, age him up and have him go to uni.

His niche is he's the everyman who juggles uni and crime fighting. I'm aware that is rehashing a Dick Grayson direction but that was far enough ago that it shouldn't be a problem.

Keep his name as RR. Regardless of what few commenters online say Tim as RR has had more success than any other role/code name the character has held since Damian took Robin
    I do agree, bring Dana back. And have him go to college.

Redbird is the best name for Tim.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Well, Duke didn't really survive the transition to Bruce sidekick long-term and kind of dissapeared.
    Now it seems that Bruce's current sidekicks are harley and ghost maker.
    Anyway, Damian is still officaly Robin, but even if he'll lose or ditch the mantle, he has the "son of batman / grandson of Ra's". I don't think losing the Robin mantle would harm him even remotely like it did to Tim.
    I think Duke's existence is proof that DC didn't want Tim to be Robin again. Damian's death is literally the perfect time for Tim to reclaim Robin title (and maybe it's Morrison's intent too since he said that he wanted to put all toys in their prior place). But they made Duke instead, and except Duke's race, they have many similarities (CMIIW I don't read any Duke stories I just remember Tim stan and Duke stan debates about Duke stealing Tim's trait). Then Damian got resurrected and establish himself to be a quite strong IP (his solo is almost unpromoted and written by a first-time writer but some of their sales almost surpassed Nightwings). It's true that Damian didn't need Robin title as much as Tim, but since DC is all about money, I think it's logical for them to put Damian with his many character quirk on Robin title.

Why are the Damian fans in this thread arguing about Tim "not being Robin" while Tim is Robin? Just what I'd come to expect from fans of a leprechaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Why are the Damian fans in this thread arguing about Tim "not being Robin" while Tim is Robin? Just what I'd come to expect from fans of a leprechaun.
    If you meant me, then I didn't. Honestly, I don't really care for hero titles, and if Tim became Robin again and Damian got new title I'm fine with that (I kinda approved it actually). I am just responding to that one comment and said that "Damian doesn't need Robin title as much as Tim" does not equal to "DC will give Robin title to Tim out of pity". DC wants to make money and for me it's understandable if DC wants to place Damian who has strong stand on Robin title to gain more readers
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 08-06-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Tim is already Robin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Tim becomes the 2nd Creeper/Kid Creeper or maybe Detective Creeper lol. Another way he could go would name himself after a gadget like Smokebomb or Smokescreen

Tim is already Robin again.
    And also Damian. We know that it will not last long, and high possibility that Damian who gets the title in the end (he has already ongoing Robin title after all) hence why we discuss about Tim's new codename

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    And also Damian. We know that it will not last long, and high possibility that Damian who gets the title in the end (he has already ongoing Robin title after all) hence why we discuss about Tim's new codename
    Are you sure? We'll see. Again, Robin and Batman has to be announced soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Tim becomes the 2nd Creeper/Kid Creeper or maybe Detective Creeper lol. Another way he could go would name himself after a gadget like Smokebomb or Smokescreen
    Detective Creeper is a good name to be honest. I approve

Are you sure? We'll see. Again, Robin and Batman has to be announced soon.
    The uncertainty of Tim's future is the reason of this debate, so yeah I am definitely not sure. I literally just reacted to some comments in this thread which implied that "DC should give Robin title to Tim instead of Damian because Damian doesn't need it unlike Tim". From what I know, DC doesn't work that way.

Btw, what do we know about the upcoming Robin and Batman book? I don't even know if the book will be in continuity or not