Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1036

Just that it's called Robin and Batman. Tim will probably get a book spinning out of Batman: Urban Legends, so that'd add up. Especially since Robin #5 comes out after his story in Batman: Urban Legends concludes and he's still Robin.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 08-06-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Just that it's called Robin and Batman. Tim will probably get a book spinning out of Batman: Urban Legends, so that'd add up. Especially since Robin #5 comes out after his story in Batman: Urban Legends concludes and he's still Robin.
    Indeed Tim said that he will be Robin while Damian is out of the town, and Damian will not go back to Gotham at least until Robin #8, so makes sense if Robin and Batman will be Tim's book. Now Tynion is the head of Batbook too and he wants Tim to be Robin since Rebirth. Hope we will get solicits soon

Maybe Tim should get access to Kirk Langstrom's formula, revise it for his own use, and then become the new Man-Bat?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe Tim should get access to Kirk Langstrom's formula, revise it for his own use, and then become the new Man-Bat?
    Maybe there'll be a Man-Robin?

Perhaps this has already been suggested but, 'Hawkshaw'?

It keeps up with the bird theme, which I understand is not to every ones liking but regardless it's clear how important the Robin role was for Tim as a character, not just in terms of success, but also in how ingrained it is in the overall concept and reason of his creation, so I think it's best to find an identity that feels like a clear and logical step from 'Robin' that should help to bring some sense of stability to the characters overall progression. Thematically (and not too dissimilar to Red Robin), the name feels like a connection to his roots as well as a clear graduation from the small bright bird and sidekick (Robin), to the more formidable and sharp eyed 'Hunter' (Hawk).

Plus Hawkshaw literally means Detective, which harkens back to Batman, who very much was a figure Tim had heavily idolised in his origins, so having a name that is similar in it's concept, but still a distinctly different identity can help to work thematically with Tim's character. It could also go well with the more popular suggestion from fans, that Tim's direction as a character should focus primarily on more detective work or should be featured as a vigilante in a more detective/noir crime focused book.

I don’t think that Robin and Batman will be Tim’s book, because Tynion was asked in an interview about this project and he said he didn’t knkw anything about it, and, as we know, Tynion is a huge Tin fanboy, so he would definitely know if that was Tim’s. I believe this will most likely be an anthology or something of sorts, in a way that all Robins can be celebrated.

Also, Tim might be dressed as Robin and calling himself Robin, but he’s not marketed as such. His UL story solicited as Tim Drake’s, not about Robin’s.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 08-06-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

It keeps up with the bird theme, which I understand is not to every ones liking but regardless it's clear how important the Robin role was for Tim as a character, not just in terms of success, but also in how ingrained it is in the overall concept and reason of his creation, so I think it's best to find an identity that feels like a clear and logical step from 'Robin' that should help to bring some sense of stability to the characters overall progression. Thematically (and not too dissimilar to Red Robin), the name feels like a connection to his roots as well as a clear graduation from the small bright bird and sidekick (Robin), to the more formidable and sharp eyed 'Hunter' (Hawk).

Plus Hawkshaw literally means Detective, which harkens back to Batman, who very much was a figure Tim had heavily idolised in his origins, so having a name that is similar in it's concept, but still a distinctly different identity can help to work thematically with Tim's character. It could also go well with the more popular suggestion from fans, that Tim's direction as a character should focus primarily on more detective work or should be featured as a vigilante in a more detective/noir crime focused book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I never said that Tim had to be the smartest out of all of them. And all of them "took" the vow, but Tim was the kid that understood Batman better than Bruce did, and that chased after the role of Robin because he knew Batman needed him. He instinctually understood the vow better than any of the others without even knowing Bruce.

That's why I love this idea of Tim being the one to realize that Gotham needs a scary urban legend to haunt the criminals, and creates an entire persona to do what none of the others ever did except for Bruce in the early years.

The "down to earth" isn't a niche. There are dozens and dozens of other heroes that also have that, including people in Gotham City. It doesn't make Tim any more special.
    I still feel like Tim becoming a mysterious mythical detective is a better evolution. In the mold of The Spectre and Phantom Stranger, except using technology and science for the theatrical effects. It shows the side of Batman that he most appreciated, a side that Jason, Dick and Damian never really payed much attention to. The urban legend. And it shows that what really connects Tim and Bruce is the intimate vow that Bruce made when he was 8 years old, a vow to become something far larger than a man.
    Hawkshaw is a good name...

...and Alpha has a good idea for a niche.

Combine the two and this could work for Tim, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Tim was the everyman. That was his niche. What set him apart till they started trying to make him into Bruce for a brief period.
    Being an everyman isn't a niche. Lots of characters do that already, both outside Gotham and inside it. Being an "everyman" is fine in terms of rounding out a character, but he still needs a hook.

Smokescreen, like someone here suggested, also sounds like a cool name, but I feel like it has to be more ominous.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-06-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    I don’t think that Robin and Batman will be Tim’s book, because Tynion was asked in an interview about this project and he said he didn’t knkw anything about it, and, as we know, Tynion is a huge Tin fanboy, so he would definitely know if that was Tim’s. I believe this will most likely be an anthology or something of sorts, in a way that all Robins can be celebrated.

Also, Tim might be dressed as Robin and calling himself Robin, but he’s not marketed as such. His UL story solicited as Tim Drake’s, not about Robin’s.
    Tynion is probably lying. He can't talk about everything.

Doesn't matter, Tim is still Robin. That's like saying Miles Morales isn't Spider-Man because solicits primarily refer to him as Miles.

Being an everyman isn't a niche. Lots of characters do that already, both outside Gotham and inside it. Being an "everyman" is fine in terms of rounding out a character, but he still needs a hook.

Smokescreen, like someone here suggested, also sounds like a cool name, but I feel like it has to be more ominous.
    Hmmm, what about the name Omnious?

The name doesn't have to be omnious, like a smokescreen Tim can do the job without anyone noticing or make it look like a different hero/villain did the job in fact maybe Tim could mimic the fighting styles of other heroes maybe he could be a sidekick to different heroes studying all of their strengths and weaknesses like a mini Batman lol.

Astonishing Member

Smokescream?

Tynion is probably lying. He can't talk about everything.

Doesn't matter, Tim is still Robin. That's like saying Miles Morales isn't Spider-Man because solicits primarily refer to him as Miles.
    Why would he lie about something that was already announced? And I didn’t say Tim isn’t Robin, but that right now he isn’t marketed as Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Why would he lie about something that was already announced? And I didn’t say Tim isn’t Robin, but that right now he isn’t marketed as Robin.
    Because, from then on, it was radio silence on all books. None of the creative teams were allowed to announce their involvement with them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

As I said, I think Hawkshaw is a good name.

Don't be discouraged if someone says it sounds like rickshaw.

I once suggested Ruddock (an archaic word for robin) as a name...only to be told it sounded like buttock.

That's just how this goes.

No worries, not discouraged at all. Honestly I hadn't even considered the name Hawkshaw sounding similar to the word rickshaw, and in all fairness I think as long as a name doesn't sound like or resemble a word that's either inappropriate and/or offensive, things like that shouldn't be too much of an issue.