Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 665
  1. #91
    Mighty Member dropkickjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    And now we have the other extreme....great!.
    100% ignore oasis when he talks about Tim. This is coming from someone who has enjoyed conversation with him about other stuff.

  2. #92
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    100% ignore oasis when he talks about Tim. This is coming from someone who has enjoyed conversation with him about other stuff.
    oasis is fun, the only problem with his trolling is that he doesnt know anything about the character, so he has no ammo to attack it. Also cant help but respect a guy thats passionate about anything, even if that happens to be hate.

  3. #93
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Tim is treated far more like The Golden Boy than Dick is. I promise you'll never see a story where Tim is a filthy wino homeless bum.
    Both of them have been treated shamefully by the editorial at different times.

    Honestly, the golden boy is actually Damian. He hasn't been subjected to character assassination like Tim under Johns and Lobdell or Dick 's current condition.

  4. #94
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Because i don't like Bendis and i'm really not excited for his work, is the main reason of why i'm not paying much attention to YJ. Honestly as bad as Dick is having it rigth now, i'm glad that Bendis isn't touching him.
    You're right. Bendis would make it a lot worse. He's likely looking to curry favor with Didio by being an enemy of Nightwing.

  5. #95
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    2,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    No, all your posts here are a joke. The only reason they get any attention is that some people just really dislike Tim and use your ignorant rants as ammo.

    @Fergus, @Godlike13 and @dietrich among them.
    I could elaborate an answer. But why bother with someone as -to be polite- blind as you ?

    But it's always great to see the true face of Tim Drake's great fans. It proves my point for why this character has been nothing but bad news for the Batman franchise as a whole.

  6. #96
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, your pretty much spot on with Red Robin. How many times have we heard how Tim is so much like Bruce, certainly back then. Fans of his especially liked to bring it up in a misguided attempt to explain why he should have gotten the mantle. And Red Robin openly leaned into that idea hard.

    And yes Damian: Son of Batman was out of continuity. It also, despite being rather terrible, sold almost exactly the same as Red Robin hilariously enough.
    Not only that but Damian : Son of Batman came out when Damian was dead anyway, how many characters can brag about a series while they're dead and there were no plans to bring him back at that time either.

  7. #97
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    We were never told Tim is the smartest guy ever. He wasnt even the best of his class. Tim just has a knack for detective work, and was taught by the very best.
    Damian has claimed and be shown to be good at literally everything under the sun except making friends and having any kind of moral compass. He is an expert at manipulating people he seemingly likes.
    Jason as Robin was never really developed beyond the one that came after dick, and later on the one that lasted the least because he had an attitude problem. i know we got some good stories of out the character tho.

    What we are shown is that Tim constantly struggles, going beyond his physical limits to save a life. And watching a 14 years old sick, unable to even walk straight, heading to a faceoff with freeze just because some kids are in danger to be a lot more engaging than literal godly genetics boy unsheat his katana and beat like 100 mooks, then take on the best mercenary in the world and show him up.


    Agree, i was just being an asshole. Sorry about that
    Might be more engaging to you maybe but I'll take Damian and Deathstroke squaring off everyday over the monotone boredom such as Tim fighting Mr Freeze.

  8. #98
    Mighty Member dropkickjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Tim being so similar to Bruce worked very well when Bruce was "dead." With Bruce in practically everything we don't need a second.

  9. #99
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Might be more engaging to you maybe but I'll take Damian and Deathstroke squaring off everyday over the monotone boredom such as Tim fighting Mr Freeze.
    God, Damian and Deathstroke are two of the most overrated characters in comics.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  10. #100
    Spectacular Member Schumiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Normally:
    I expect name change to be Tim's. Robin is Batman's sidekick. I see there is more possibility of seeing Damian in that role than Tim at this stage. Age-wise it is more appropriate. And Tim was not Robin for a long while, he had moved on (yes the name still had Robin in it, yes it was initially reluctant... But he DID move on), and it is fresh in everyone's memory so him continuing to not be Robin makes more sense than him going back to it.

    Now, Damian has a troublesome relationship with his father lately and has not really been "Robin-ing" for him much, so wouldn't rule out him deciding to go his own way about things and leaving Robin mantle behind. BUT, I think it is unlikely. Whatever troubles he has with his father, at some point they will sort it out. At the end of the day Damian is Bruce's son and wants to follow in his step... And then there is the fact he is not just Batman's Robin, there is also the special connection to Dick. He is Dick's Robin - Dick trained him, Dick passed the mantle on to him and doctrined into him what it means to be Robin-... Must also not forget that Robin and Teen Titans franchsie has a historical connection... All in all, doubt Damian would just get rid of the Robin mantle for a brand new one... Not yet, anyway.


    Having said all that... If Tim isn't going to be Robin again, WHY show him as Robin all of a sudden? So although it doesn't really make sense to me, I think it is possible DC intends to bring him back as Robin and make Damian change the name... but then Dc does lots of things that doesn't make sense to me, sooo... Maybe Bendis wanted to "remind" the legacy connection, and then will show us the character doing a Dick Grayson and saying it is time for him to graduate and choose a new name (so, as opposed to being "forced" out of Robin, will be his own decision)? OR, if I was to go wild with theories... maybe DC's restructuring includes reuniting Dick and Damian where they are being their own dynamic duo in Blüdhaven, which means Damian could be getting a name change (Flamebird? because Dc loves recycling names) and Tim going back to Robin to occasionally show up in Batman titles if story calls for it, but mostly doing his own thing in YJ. And Batman, freed from all of his children, gets to enjoy single life for a while... maybe runs around with Catwoman instead... heh...

  11. #101
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    The good thing about Tim returning to Robin is that it ends all these claims of favouritism and blaim game.
    No more calling Characters Golden Boys. Tim not only had decades when he had no competition and full editorial support something characters like Damian' Jason and duke never had. He was also heavily promoted and is the only Robin that we have evidence of his inclusion in material happening due to creators being over ridden by the TPTB [BTAS]. Tim's had a better shake than most Robin before he cut butchered. Now he's getting a 2nd chance. That's very lucky.

    Sadly all characters have been messed by editorial at some point.

    Even DC's best boy Batman is subject to bad decisions. Consistent characterisation doesn't = golden boy.

    Damian was booted from the bat offices after Tomasi even in Rebirth he was classed as off limits. Writers like Priest, Orlando and Williamson had to put in special requests to use him. Those requests weren't often granted. Now he has to share a role.

    Doesn't sound like golden boy to me. Sounds like a character that managed to shine despite obstacles.


    I believe some ignore the fact that the batverse has changed a lot from the Days when it was just Bruce and Tim. They expect Tim to have the same kind of prominence he had back in the 90's when he was literally the only thing on the menu.
    Back before Jason and Damian arrived to compete. Those days are gone and fans have to understand that. Someone on another thread called it a free market. Which is true. Writers now have a choice because there's a lot more bat characters so inclusion is based on preference not availability. Fans need to remember this reevaluate their expectations.

    Doesn't really matter to me why Tim is Robin . What matters is that Tim is Robin. He's in a book with good prospects. His character has being repaired, his friends are back , he has a big name writer on his side and most important TPTB approved it. So we know they are backing the character. So no more excuses. No more bickering and scapegoating please.

    Now it's up to the writers to use the characters they feel will enhance their stories best.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-22-2019 at 10:38 AM.

  12. #102
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    God, Damian and Deathstroke are two of the most overrated characters in comics.
    Yeah and Mr Freeze with only one sob story from a quarter of a century old cartoon isn't overrated at all nor evidently is Tim Master Detective, Chief Strategist, computer wizard Drake.

  13. #103
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,483

    Default

    If i learned something reading comics, is that no characther is as good as fans (or sometimes the companies) tell you. Is better for you to make your mind based in actually reading the work. So for me, every characther is overrated (yes even my favorites).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #104
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The good thing about Tim returning to Robin is that it ends all these claims of favouritism and blaim game.
    No more calling Characters Golden Boys. Tim not only had decades when he had no competition and full editorial support something characters like Damian' Jason and duke never had. He was also heavily promoted and is the only Robin that we have evidence of his inclusion in material happening due to creators being over ridden by the TPTB [BTAS]. Tim's had a better shake than most Robin before he cut butchered. Now he's getting a 2nd chance. That's very lucky.

    Sadly all characters have been messed by editorial at some point.

    Even DC's best boy Batman is subject to bad decisions. Consistent characterisation doesn't = golden boy.

    Damian was booted from the bat offices after Tomasi even in Rebirth he was classed as off limits. Writers like Priest, Orlando and Williamson had to put in special requests to use him. Those requests weren't often granted. Now he has to share a role.

    Doesn't sound like golden boy to me. Sounds like a character that managed to shine despite obstacles.


    I believe some ignore the fact that the batverse has changed a lot from the Days when it was just Bruce and Tim. They expect Tim to have the same kind of prominence he had back in the 90's when he was literally the only thing on the menu.
    Those are a lot of really exerting mental gymnastics, im impressed.

    "just Bruce and Tim", jesus.

  15. #105
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I could elaborate an answer. But why bother with someone as -to be polite- blind as you ?
    If you dont feel like arguing your point on a forum, then whatever. Believing your opinion is anything more than garbage was a mistake. Go read the thing before you tell us what you think of it next time.

    But it's always great to see the true face of Tim Drake's great fans. It proves my point for why this character has been nothing but bad news for the Batman franchise as a whole.
    :nicolagescagelaugh.gif:
    Yeah, this forum isnt toxic at all towards the character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Might be more engaging to you maybe but I'll take Damian and Deathstroke squaring off everyday over the monotone boredom such as Tim fighting Mr Freeze.
    Thats fine, you never even read the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •