Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    If you dont feel like arguing your point on a forum, then whatever. Believing your opinion is anything more than garbage was a mistake. Go read the thing before you tell us what you think of it next time.
    What a surprise. A fan of Tim who has to resort to baseless insult to defend his fav...

Perhaps you should reconsider the importance of this character. Because if he needs to be defended in such a way ? Well, he doesn't deserve a place in comics.

Because, let's face it. The ones starting **** toward a new male character in the Bat-family are very, very, often, avowed Tim Drake fans. I still remember the tons of insults and blatant hatred Duke Thomas was showered with when he was introduced as a Robin and then "The SIgnal" (before he got this name). And the most violent were Tim fan who felt threatened by him, somehow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    What a surprise. A fan of Tim who has to resort to baseless insult to defend his fav...
    Baseless? you said yourself you just read the wiki.

Perhaps you should reconsider the importance of this character. Because if he needs to be defended in such a way ? Well, he doesn't deserve a place in comics.
    Reconsider the importance? deserve a place? who even cares about that stuff? i just want good stories. Tim is a great character to provide them because of the traits that make up his persona.

Because, let's face it. The ones starting **** toward a new male character in the Bat-family are very, very, often, avowed Tim Drake fans.
    No idea what you are talking about, you seem confused.

I still remember the tons of insults and blatant hatred Duke Thomas was showered with when he was introduced as a Robin and then "The SIgnal" (before he got this name). And the most violent were Tim fan who felt threatened by him, somehow.
    No idea why you are bringing duke into the conversation either, but i never found the character interesting. That said i never hated him. Hating a fictional character seems silly.

There was one Tim Drake fan, Atlanta96 that was really hatefull toward Duke and usually called him a copy of Tim Drake, he was banned like a year ago, i think that there was one more or maybe two, but he was the worst (don't know about other forums), Korath is talking about, still haven't seen much hate toward Duke lately, mostly indifference for what i gathered
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    There was one Tim Drake fan, Atlanta96 that was really hatefull toward Duke and usually called him a copy of Tim Drake, he was banned like a year ago, i think that there was one more or maybe two, but he was the worst (don't know about other forums), Korath is talking about, still haven't seen much hate toward Duke lately, mostly indifference for what i gathered
    Ah, that explains it. Far as i know Duke parents got poisoned, so did Tims. Duke had a normal life before, so did Tim. Tim tracked Batman, so did Duke. But thats about as far as it goes.
    Tim has an actual personality, Duke i have absolutely no idea, he seems like a mellow everyman, then he seems like some badass super genius, then he seems like a ambitious young man, then he seems like this chill dude. This is in the space of months, its all over the place and none of those personalities stick. They have absolutely no clue what to do with the character.
    Im baffled anyone would like it, he brings nothing new, or interesting. And no, im not going there. But hate? or being a fan? i read too many things to get hung up on any single character.

I just see that this place is an echo chamber and i like arguing.

I like Red Robin.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

There was one Tim Drake fan, Atlanta96 that was really hateful toward Duke and usually called him a copy of Tim Drake, he was banned like a year ago, i think that there was one more or maybe two, but he was the worst (don't know about other forums), Korath is talking about, still haven't seen much hate toward Duke lately, mostly indifference for what i gathered
    There were a few of them but Assam and Atlanta were the most persistent. You'd be surprised how much hate one dedicated fan can spread especially when they are active on multiple platforms from twitter to to tumblr to Youtube. Atlanta is a dedicated fan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    There were a few of them but Assam and Atlanta were the most persistent. You'd be surprised how much hate one dedicated fan can spread especially when they are active on multiple platforms from twitter to to tumblr to Youtube. Atlanta is a dedicated fan
    I thought Assam was a fan of cassandra. Why did he get banned btw?

BANNED

Duke shows a lot of the basics of a good character, and he deserves some SOLO pages but he can't survive just being yet another chick under Bruce's wing. For that matter, Bat-Wing deserved better than he got, too. I feel like black characters have lately just gotten tossed out into the demilitarized zone to fend for themselves or starve. He's had none of the TLC lavished on Mary Sue Drake--oops, I mean--Mary Sue WAYNE Mary Sue WAYNE!!!!!!!! (Yeah, I know it's not in current continuity, but DC's practice of saying, "Oh, that didn't happen" feels like the old lawyer trick of setting off a bomb in court, then he gets overruled by the judge, who says, "The jury shall refrain from hearing that." That's a joke. They HEARD it and they can't UNHEAR it). So, where is Duke's solo mini-series with Brian Bolland artwork? I don't see Duke's statue sculpted by Randy Bowen himself. Does anyone else see The Great God Bendis swooping in to be Duke's Forever Champion? Tim is like my rotten immortal mother-in-law; he doesn't deserve ANY of the gravy he's handed.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I only can remember Jadeb and me and some other mocking the dayligth Batman premise, Redbird did a pretty good job abpur that, Assam?, i remember that he was pretty indifferent toward Duke, he was just annoyed that he recieved more attention than Cass or something among those lines. But yeah, Atlanta was other level, is kind of astounding really.

Edit: Now that i think about, i think that i remember Assam steping over the line a couple of times.
    Last edited by TheCape; 02-22-2019 at 07:48 PM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Duke shows a lot of the basics of a good character, and he deserves some SOLO pages but he can't survive just being yet another chick under Bruce's wing. For that matter, Bat-Wing deserved better than he got, too. I feel like black characters have lately just gotten tossed out into the demilitarized zone to fend for themselves or starve. He's had none of the TLC lavished on Mary Sue Drake--oops, I mean--Mary Sue WAYNE Mary Sue WAYNE!!!!!!!! (Yeah, I know it's not in current continuity, but DC's practice of saying, "Oh, that didn't happen" feels like the old lawyer trick of setting off a bomb in court, then he gets overruled by the judge, who says, "The jury shall refrain from hearing that." That's a joke. They HEARD it and they can't UNHEAR it). So, where is Duke's solo mini-series with Brian Bolland artwork? I don't see Duke's statue sculpted by Randy Bowen himself. Does anyone else see The Great God Bendis swooping in to be Duke's Forever Champion? Tim is like my rotten immortal mother-in-law; he doesn't deserve ANY of the gravy he's handed.
    Wow, sometimes is really dificult to not admire your dedication. Anyway, Duke hope is The Outsiders, it that doesn't take, he well goe to whatever darl depths Onyx and Orpheus ended at some point. I wish his fan luck and hope that Bryan Hill does a good job with him and the rest of the team.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Wow, sometimes is really dificult to not admire your dedication. Anyway, Duke hope is The Outsiders, it that doesn't take, he well goe to whatever darl depths Onyx and Orpheus ended at some point. I wish his fan luck and hope that Bryan Hill does a good job with him and the rest of the team.
    I wish all the Duke fans a lot of luck, too. Thank you for admiring my dedication; "It's like Eggs and Ham--the hen is dedicated but the pig is committed."

BANNED

If you dont feel like arguing your point on a forum, then whatever. Believing your opinion is anything more than garbage was a mistake. Go read the thing before you tell us what you think of it next time.

:nicolagescagelaugh.gif:
    Yeah, this forum isnt toxic at all towards the character.

Thats fine, you never even read the issue.
    Um, ok whatever bro, atleast I didn't reduce Dick to the flippy Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    What is he? a sacred cow? Already took it back anyway, i like the character, even if i havent liked a story with him since probably the early 2000s. Other than Graysons first annual.
    The point at large was that Dick was Holmes to Bruces Sherlock, that was their dynamic. Tim came as sherlocks aprentice, the one to get the deerstalker hat as it were.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    I sometimes think of Dick as the flippy Robin.

BANNED

What is he? a sacred cow? Already took it back anyway, i like the character, even if i havent liked a story with him since probably the early 2000s. Other than Graysons first annual.
    The point at large was that Dick was Holmes to Bruces Sherlock, that was their dynamic. Tim came as sherlocks aprentice, the one to get the deerstalker hat as it were.
    Yes when spoken in context of Robin and superhero sidekicks he really is a sacred cow. And wow, you haven't enjoyed a story with Dick since Tim stopped being Robin, what a shocker.