Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Yes when spoken in context of Robin and superhero sidekicks he really is a sacred cow. And wow, you haven't enjoyed a story with Dick since Tim stopped being Robin, what a shocker.
    Wait what? How do you gather that from what I wrote.

And there are no sacred cows. Everything should be good or get criticized

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    I thought Assam was a fan of cassandra. Why did he get banned btw?
    Cass was her Ride or Die but of the boys She was a big Tim fan. I'm not too sure way she was banned. I think it was something to do with Wally West.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Hell of a first post there, welcome.
    Hi. Been pondering making an account for a while, and it was this topic that finally pushed me to do it.

Part of Tim's return to being Robin instead of Red Robin is because he was Robin in Young Justice. Bart's back to being Impulse and Kon's wearing a leather jacket again for the same reason. (Cassie seems to have avoided this, but in the original Wonder Comic's announcement art she's wearing a black shirt with a golden W, red tights and a blue jacket, which looks like a wigless and goggleless updated version of her original design. I wonder why it was changed?)

This might also signify that his character's closer to how it was in Young Justice than later in Post Crisis continuity, before he became Batman Junior, or how he was in Tec, when he was going on about Utopias. And how Tim's character is will reflect what kind of identity he'd graduate into - a Tim with characterisation closer to how he was in the old Young Justice would need to change into a different identity than if Tim had been changed to a new identity in Tynion's Tec.

And how Tim's change is done will also change what he'd graduate into - if Tim, Kon and Bart all change at once, the identities they'd change into would be different than Tim changes by himself, I think.

The only that I know is that SAVIOR is one of the worst identities that they can choose for him..

Is like call him THE CHOOSEN ONE and make the same that with Dke "THE SIGNAL"..

He never recieved one nickname that the people loved and then regretted to see him losing this nickname?
    I like Jason as Red Hood but I liked Wingman nickname too... Despite ROBIN is perfect for Damian I even miss Redbird nickname too..

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Cass was her Ride or Die but of the boys She was a big Tim fan. I'm not too sure way she was banned. I think it was something to do with Wally West.
    I am really inactive.. I didn´t know that, or maybe I forgot that this happened with Assam. What a shame..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-23-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

What is he? a sacred cow? Already took it back anyway, i like the character, even if i havent liked a story with him since probably the early 2000s.
    The entire batfam hasn’t been enjoyable since the early 2000s. Everyone was grim yogurt, unheroic, ooc and/or incompetent.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    The only that I know is that SAVIOR is one of the worst identities that they can choose for him..
    Felt like the author didnt like the character and was taking the piss out of it. The costume alone was atrocious, but the name, jesus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DACSHeyes View Post
    And Tim should never be Batman. Ever. If there's a list of "Who Should Be The Next Batman After Bruce Wayne?", Tim shouldn't be on it. Any stories you could tell with him in the role would either not be different enough from the same story told with Bruce to matter, or be better told by someone else in the Batfamily. Also, Tim has never wanted to be Batman and found the growing similarities between him and Bruce disturbing, so why do people WANT him to be Batman?
    Personally i dont want the character to be Batman. But i acknowledge he is the closest one to Batman in terms of skill set and way of operating. And that Batman trained a successor with him.
    A lot of people want a character they like to become batman because of the opportunities it provides, rather than because of the mantle. I have criticized before, but its only natural. Batman gets several books and some actual media cover.

Personally i dont want the character to be Batman. But i acknowledge he is the closest one to Batman in terms of skill set and way of operating. And that Batman trained a successor with him.
    A lot of people want a character they like to become batman because of the opportunities it provides, rather than because of the mantle. I have criticized before, but its only natural. Batman gets several books and some actual media cover.
    I say that from a creative standpoint that is a good reason for why he shouldn't be (that and the fact that Tim himself hates the idea), he is not that different from Bruce in how he operates and the sucessor should have more unique traits that made him stand out from Bruce.

Another problem that i had, is that i really dislike how Bruce is written 75% of the time these days, most of the time he is an sanctimonius dick, who basically does a lot of "my way or the higth way", i really don't want Tim or any of the Robins having those traits put into then, because Batman more often than not, is pretty unsymphatetic these days, with some execeptions.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian's solo had near identical figures to Red Robin you know and the series was ended for Supersons once the new 52 started.

So not at all a failure. That's like me saying the Supersons failed because the title was cancelled prematurely.
    Rebirth, not New 52. Jon didn't even exist until Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by DACSHeyes View Post
    Now, any graduation Tim makes is probably going to be associated with Kon - there's two Robin's and two Superboy's. They're not going to have Damian stay Robin and have Jon change, or Tim change but Kon stays Superboy. So I think they'll do the YJ4 as a set and have all four choose new names together, though I've no idea what they choose for Tim now, or what would be a good choice. Redwing doesn't feel appropriate any more, with the retcons and backpedalling and different character relationships.
    Tim and Conner, yeah, but Bart and Cassie have no need for a new name. There was another Impulse, but she went away when New 52 happened. So Bart's undisputed in that role. And Donna is too old to be Wonder Girl (and could easily be a mantle sharing Wonder Woman), so Cassie has no competition for her codename either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rebirth, not New 52. Jon didn't even exist until Flashpoint.

r.
    Clearly that was an oops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I say that from a creative standpoint that is a good reason for why he shouldn't be (that and the fact that Tim himself hates the idea), he is not that different from Bruce in how he operates and the sucessor should have more unique traits that made him stand out from Bruce.
    In my opinion thats not the case, you can still a ton of unique stories based on Tims background and age. A younger, more inexperienced 80s-90s Batman with a richer background. Also the fact that Tim absolutely hates the idea would actually be the very thing that makes it the most appealing. Its yet another conflict that has to be resolved. Especially knowing the whole thing isnt meant to last.
    Anyway, i dont like the idea of him ever being Batman, but i dont hate it either, and i recognize theres a lot of potential there for storytelling.

Another problem that i had, is that i really dislike how Bruce is written 75% of the time these days, most of the time he is an sanctimonius dick, who basically does a lot of "my way or the higth way", i really don't want Tim or any of the Robins having those traits put into then, because Batman more often than not, is pretty unsymphatetic these days, with some execeptions.
    Yeah. i mean, when i speak of the prototypical Batman im talking about the 90s and BTAS one. Not the one we get these days, King and Snyders Batman is a very uninteresting dumb oaf. Only Batman i kinda like is Priests one, tho making him so stubborn often detracts from the drama and makes the whole thing seem comical and silly.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

They should leave the YJ generation quarantined in their book and let the creators do what they want with it. As long as there is an audience for it, leave it be and let it do its thing. If that ever fails, I think Tim should be respectfully written out of the books and shelved until someone comes up with a great idea for him. As it is, he's kind of dead weight. Jason has the Red Hood hook, Dick (as poorly as they treat him) will always be a trailblazing character with too much history and popularity to get rid of no matter what DiDio wants, and Damian is the current and very marketable Robin paired with the new Superboy.

Bruce trained a successor with Dick as well. It doesn't make sense both in and out of universe for anyone else to become Batman if Bruce is out of the picture while Dick is around.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    They should leave the YJ generation quarantined in their book and let the creators do what they want with it. As long as there is an audience for it, leave it be and let it do its thing. If that ever fails, I think Tim should be respectfully written out of the books and shelved until someone comes up with a great idea for him. As it is, he's kind of dead weight. Jason has the Red Hood hook, Dick (as poorly as they treat him) will always be a trailblazing character with too much history and popularity to get rid of no matter what DiDio wants, and Damian is the current and very marketable Robin paired with the new Superboy.

Bruce trained a successor with Dick as well. It doesn't make sense both in and out of universe for anyone else to become Batman if Bruce is out of the picture while Dick is around.
    I take it you haven't been following the Super books since Bendis took over...

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I take it you haven't been following the Super books since Bendis took over...
    Sporadically, and waiting on trades. I know about the age up (and it doesn't bother me that much, I don't care much for Jon either way). Why, is his partnership with Damian no longer happening, or is it just changing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Dick isn't around anymore.

Although I would LOVE a Supersons cartoon!!!!!!!