Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Weakest Supervillain To Defeat A Real World SWAT Team?

It's a classic tool of comic book writers to show that a villain is beyond the ability of the proper authorities to stop by showing them demolishing a SWAT team.

However most writers have no understanding of doctrine, tactics or weaponry. As a result the "SWAT team," portrayed comes across as effectual as Keystone Cops.

Who is the weakest supervillain who could defeat an actual SWAT team operating to the best of their capabilities?

This is stretching it but I'd really love it if Condiment King learned guerrilla tactics and special training.

Then I'd set him up against a real world SWAT team.

I'd imagine the stronger, bulletproof, Brick style villains would be fine. I'd say throw a Symbiote at them.

Is Killer Croc still bulletproof? If so he might finally win one on here.

Also, any speedster worth their salt should be more than capable of wiping the floor with humans.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    It's a classic tool of comic book writers to show that a villain is beyond the ability of the proper authorities to stop by showing them demolishing a SWAT team.

However most writers have no understanding of doctrine, tactics or weaponry. As a result the "SWAT team," portrayed comes across as effectual as Keystone Cops.

Who is the weakest supervillain who could defeat an actual SWAT team operating to the best of their capabilities?
    Electro or some other "burst-powers" type might be able to do it if they can get all the dudes in the burst.

Any intangible guys will be unaffected by most SWAT toys.

Do the SWAT guys know they're going up against a metahuman?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post

If it's the absolute weakest that might be able to do it, it would probably be someone who officially has no powers by comic world standards though they would be superhuman by real world standards and who is an aim dodger and who understands SWAT tactics so he would know where they would position themselves or avoid them being able to get into position by being great at them not being able to find him.

I agree that when it comes to SWAT or presidential security or what have you, fictional forces of that nature that have to go up against super beings are really vastly less competent than real life SWAT and other trained agents.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Someone whose skill or power set has nothing to do with physical confrontation. To that end, I'd say a Death Note user with a high enough intellect.

Can't find them, so you can't engage them. Smart enough to pick out high value targets, or limit damage while getting their point across.

And without Light's ego problem to effect their stealth, or a need to prove themselves?

Unstoppable.

Basically anyone who is CBPH + with some gadgets. Needs something to protect their senses and something that can offensively affect a larger area.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Basically anyone who is CBPH + with some gadgets. Needs something to protect their senses and something that can offensively affect a larger area.
    What about snipers? Because SWAT uses snipers.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    What about snipers? Because SWAT uses snipers.
    Smoke bombs + ridiculous speed compared to any target they ever had to train against before sounds like a sealed deal.

I am having trouble naming a CBPH /villain/ that fits the bill however. Prometheus?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Elektra, I feel, is a solid candidate where there's not really room for argument.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Smoke bombs + ridiculous speed compared to any target they ever had to train against before sounds like a sealed deal.

I am having trouble naming a CBPH /villain/ that fits the bill however. Prometheus?
    At least one version of Prometheus has a point-and-click win weapon, as well the ability to teleport with said weapon.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Maybe Wesker from RE? Though he's a bullet timer, has super strength, super healing and durable enough to tank grenades, rockets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Maybe Wesker from RE? Though he's a bullet timer, has super strength, super healing and durable enough to tank grenades, rockets etc.
    That he can tank their best efforts kind of makes him less-than the weakest, I would guess. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I suppose a properly prepared Mysterio could trick the SWAT team into defeating themselves with friendly fire. A normal human with holograms and other special effects technology is pretty weak compared to other villains in his universe.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Bizzaro am weakest of all!