Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Elektra, I feel, is a solid candidate where there's not really room for argument.
    I agree she would win, but she's not strictly a villain is she? Sort of an on again off again deal?

At least one version of Prometheus has a point-and-click win weapon, as well the ability to teleport with said weapon.
    Yeah, I didn't like using him mostly for this reason. Limbo Key.

I was thinking more of his "gets beat up by Mr. Terrific and Green Arrow" incarnations, where for who KNOWS what reason, said Key seems to totally slip his mind as the incredible weapon it is.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I agree she would win, but she's not strictly a villain is she? Sort of an on again off again deal?
    For me, she has had enough times where she's a villain, and her mainstay employment is assassin. She IS the kind of person that a SWAT team would be out to get.

It's just that Marvel has the hots for sexualized anti-heroes.

I was thinking more of his "gets beat up by Mr. Terrific and Green Arrow" incarnations, where for who KNOWS what reason, said Key seems to totally slip his mind as the incredible weapon it is.
    He might not have had the Key? I dunno. Also, he ended up getting his ass kicked by Huntress in 'I Fight DIIIIIRRRRTEEEEE!' mode with Gypsy -- not even using her stealth abilities -- as backup, so maaaan, he's a bigger embarrassment than you think.

This, after he somehow takes out Shiva with one hit.

No, no, the writer didn't want Shiva to job to Prommie, making it look even better when Prommie jobbed massively to Helena. It wasn't that at all (not like she didn't later have Shiva job to Helena as well, nooooo). She said this was supposed to put Prommie back on the map as a serious villain.

*stifles giggles*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

The proposed person has to have some characteristic that allows them to avoid or resist being shot and the rounds being effective at reasonable distances, up to sniper distances (which can be longer, obviously). The person also needs some distance abilities to null the threat of the team.

The person also has to have physical skills to avoid, resist and defeat normally strong human combatants (perhaps 5 to 10 simultaneously) with impact and edged weapons, if they close.

Most movies and stories have teams with the stellar abilities of Star Wars Storm Troopers. Most real world trained folks are a touch better.

For example, Cap wouldn't have survived the movie elevator scene if they had just decided to shoot him. Since they did contact him with a taser, that could have been in a close in firearm. The wrist pinning could have been a disabling edged weapon.
    Last edited by Captain Smith; 02-20-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Hence, Elektra.

Bullet-timers, in combat, move faster than normal humans can see and treat them like...extreme...slow...motion. Elektra has feats for detecting and dodging sniper rounds fired at a distance. Her stealth feats are equally ridiculous, having her evading all manner of security systems while simultaneously avoiding human guards' eyesight - this will allow her to close (assuming not in the arena). She one-shots normals - it doesn't matter if they have SWAT armor or not, as she can simply stab them where the armor isn't, or hit them with the kind of force that allows her to literally punch through a human torso.

In the arena, she has a more difficult time of it, but realistically given that she's moving erratically and faster than human eyes can track up close, AND can react and dodge the bullets after they've been fired in her direction (or simply smack them out of the air with her weapons, something she has done against automatic fire coming in from multiple sources, simultaneously), I don't really see her having a huge problem getting close to the team...at which point they all die.

PIS-aside, comic book humans on her level are grossly superhuman by real world standpoint.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Wait. Huntress beat up Prometheus by being to STREET for him to handle?? XD

This makes me all warm and tingly haha
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Spittin' rhymes with hot takes and sick burns, really

It was the usual Huntress BS by this particular writer.

So, Prommie has managed to lure Huntress, Gypsy, Lady Blackhawk and Shiva (yes, Shiva) into his lair. His big trap consists of...'I'm gonna fight you.'

He then casually blocks two shots from Shiva and one-punches her.

Then he gets into it with Huntress and Gypsy (I'm ignoring Lady Blackhawk, as she did close to nothing at all in this entire fight; it's almost like the writer forgot she was there). He smacks around Huntress, hitting her multiple times whilst bragging about how he's wearing his cool hat that gives him the skills of the twenty-five best martial artists around including Batman, Shiva herself, Richard Dragon, etc.

Note: he one-punches Shiva, but hits Huntress several times and only knocks her down.

He also attacks Gypsy, but where Shiva fall-down-go-boom, Gypsy...dodges his attacks.

So, Huntress is sitting down, her legs in front of her (sticking out, no joke) after getting punched and kicked in the face by Prommie. She starts her big rant about while she isn't as trained as other fighters, she grew up with four brothers (or whatever) and learned to FIGHT DIIIIRRRRTEEE! She then goes from sitting on her rear, legs sticking out in front of her, to leaping forward and punching Prommie in the groin.

1. This...is not an easy thing to do. Try it - have a seat, stick your legs in front of you, then scramble out of that into leaping forward in a crouch to punch. It's awkward and slow as hell, and for Prommie not to see it coming, he must have been asleep.
    2. Need I get into my usual rant about 'dirty fighting' and rules and such?
    3. Prommie has Dragon, Shiva, and Batman in his helmet. Clearly their skills fall before a simple punch to the groin; obviously they have never, ever seen it before, or used such things themselves.

This nearly puts Prommie down.

Then Gypsy yoinks his little Tonfa toy -- she's not even stealthing, she just takes it from him -- and damn near busts his helmet with it, which...would have rendered him helpless.

We then get a bizarre scene when he still manages to terrify the **** out of all of them, the fight gets called due to the reason for the fight killing themselves (Calculator, as I recall), Prommie makes vague, sinister threats which carry about as much weight as a feather due to him almost losing to a couple of B and C tier fighters, and everyone inexplicably just decides to walk away (Shiva having vanished, possibly so mortified with shame at this BS that she snuck off while everyone was fighting).

It's a horrifically poorly written issue, and clearly made for the sole point of beefing up Helena (Prommie one-punches Shiva, but can't put Helena down and almost gets beaten by her because She Fights Diiiiirty™). I literally stopped collecting Birds of Prey after this issue.

...later on (I read it in the store), the same writer has Helena beat up Shiva by bleeding into her own hand (Shiva has been whupping on her while, according to the art, checking her nails - it looks like this and, honestly, fits) and then throwing her own blood into Shiva's eyes. She then gets in a few shots (including a double-laced-finger-punch, arrgh) while chanting almost word-for-word the I-Groin-Shot-Prommie Dirty Fighting speech, four brothers and all, as I recall.

It's pretty horrific; some people just shouldn't write fight scenes. Or perhaps not lead with their bias so obviously.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 02-20-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Why are we here?

While it's fun looking at the brief portion of the Huntress/Shiva fight where it's proceeding logically, this is really the best part. Kudos to the artist for that one panel - I think they snuck it in like that on purpose.

Shivahuntress2.jpg
    Why are we here?

...later on (I read it in the store), the same writer has Helena beat up Shiva by bleeding into her own hand (Shiva has been whupping on her while, according to the art, checking her nails - it looks like this and, honestly, fits) and then throwing her own blood into Shiva's eyes.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

While it's fun looking at the brief portion of the Huntress/Shiva fight where it's proceeding logically, this is really the best part. Kudos to the artist for that one panel - I think they snuck it in like that on purpose.

Shivahuntress2.jpg
    My God, she survived a nosebone strike. Shiva was lucky to escape with her life.

I can get behind the palm to the nose -- it was explicitly NOT the nosebone strike. Nice try at triggering me. ^_^
    Why are we here?

BANNED

bullseye? given the armaments he carries his "magical" ability to hit the target and the admantium skeleton implant which somehow doesn't give him admantium poisoning makes him a ideal weak supervillain who can take out a swat team by himself. hell the hand ninjas couldn't even touch him in Shadowland.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 02-21-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Shadowcat I'd say. Certainy The Atom maybe the Wasp

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Ant-Man would take it pretty easily.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Shadowcat I'd say. Certainy The Atom maybe the Wasp
    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Ant-Man would take it pretty easily.
    Has to be a villain.
    - big_adventure