View Poll Results: Favorite Black DC Hero?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Lightning

3 6.00%
  • Vixen

14 28.00%
  • Cyborg

5 10.00%
  • John Stewart

8 16.00%
  • Naomi

0 0%
  • Kalderahn / Jackson Hyde

1 2.00%
  • Connor Hawke

2 4.00%
  • John Henry Irons

2 4.00%
  • Bronze Tiger

0 0%
  • Val-Zod

0 0%
  • Duke Thomas

2 4.00%
  • Mister Terrific

5 10.00%
  • Static

5 10.00%
  • Bumblebee

1 2.00%
  • Other (please specify)

2 4.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Vixen is my favorite. I love her power-set and appearance. Plus she's a strong, confident Black woman which sits quite well with me. Runner up is Black Lightning followed by Bumblebee.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Kaldur from YJ, but only YJ. His comic incarnation is underwhelming.
    Yeah, I have a similar issue with Aqualad. It's strange how compelling he is in the show but his comic counterpart is just kinda meh.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Connor got my vote.
    Jefferson a close second and John Stewart third.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mr. Terrific. He has been one of my all time favorite characters from the very first time I saw him. Just an amazing character and glad to see The Terrifics still going.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-19-2019 at 11:48 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Hardware. He had the best villain in milestone, and arguable the clearest most well paced evolution. He started as a real vigilante, basically like the Punisher. He was essentially the incarnation of black rage, but he realized that wasn't really getting him anywhere and it was making him into a monster, so he started to become an actual hero, and only then was he able to beat his masters.

Some of my favorite characters like Damien and Guy Gardner I didn't like and grew to love. When I read through Wolfman and Perez's Teen Titans books I didn't like Cyborg at first. I know he was supposed to be a tragic character but he just made me depressed. Then there was the issue where he played ball with the handicapped kids. Still one of my favorite issues and gave me that thing in my throat haha One of favorite characters ever since. Loved it when they put him on the Justice League.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Static shock, I basically grew up on his cartoon show and I loved every minute of it. Love that they added him to Young Justice.

Followed by that is probably John Stewart, I pretty much love all the green lanterns but again I grew up with him being in Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. After that Aqualad/Aquaman/Kaldur who is a character who’s great in cartoons but who I wish they’d do more with in comics(seriously he could at least be in the Aquaman ongoing).

But most surprising is that I actually do like Val-zod. Not many people liked Earth 2 from what I understand but I enjoyed parts of it and he was genuinely one of my favorite parts of it.
    Agree about Val, really like him and I think he should be more prominent

Astonishing Member

Voted for terrific, love him, close seconds vixen and john

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

John Henry Irons got my vote.
    Connor Hawke a close second.

John but BL, Cyborg, Vixen and Batwing (both versions) are up there.

I picked Static. I haven't read any of his comics, but I loved the cartoon when I was younger. While I did watch the other DCAU cartoons on and off, Static Shock was the one I made sure to tune in for. Behind him, in a close second, is Vixen.

Hmmm.... no Legion love? XS all the way.

Also, would Rebis count? I'd vote for hir then...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I think it would be cool to see a team form to take on challenges in the Black communities across the globe. The team could consist of:

Aqualad
    Batwing
    Black Lightning
    Bumblebee
    Dr. Mist
    Green Lantern(John Stewart)
    Mr. Terrific
    Nubia
    Signal
    Steel(John Irons)
    Vixen
    XS
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 02-20-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Really hard to choose between Mr. Terrific, John Stewart, Vixen, Black Lightning. Dammit.

Still Duke Thomas, but Naomi is making a bid for first place, and Mr. Terrific is firmly rooted in the third place. All the others are great, but those are my favorite.