Default Something I've often wondered about his villains

Superman often likes to hope there is good in everyone how do you think he and his fellow heroes like Wonder Woman and Batman would react to an enemy whose entire motivation was grief? I got this idea after watching Castlevania on Netflix and I think it would be interesting to see Superman face an enemy like Dracula whose entire motivation is grief. Another reason I like this idea is I like the idea of the JL also encountering humans working for such a villain who want to kill humanity as well.

That being said how do you think Superman and his fellow heroes would react to a villain who wants to destroy humanity because he sees it as evil and is even aided by humans of the same opinion? I especially like the idea of Superman going after a villain like this because of what happened in Injustice. This is the kind of villain I'm talking about

There have been villains motivated by grief. Johns had a League villain in the early 52 that was all about the loss of his wife or something, and Clark's fought plenty of foes who're tragic more than monstrous.

But at the end of the day, regardless of your motivation, it's your actions that Superman will judge you by. "There is right and wrong in this universe and that distinction is not hard to make." The guy has a pretty binary sense of morality. If someone did evil things because of a motivation like grief, Clark would likely sympathize and feel bad, and try to get the villain some help once they were locked up, but he's not going to pull his punches.

We saw it recently with Red Cloud. He tells her that he figures she's still capable of getting out of the game before she's in so deep there's no hope for her and he offers to help....but it starts with paying your debt to society.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    Superman often likes to hope there is good in everyone how do you think he and his fellow heroes like Wonder Woman and Batman would react to an enemy whose entire motivation was grief? I got this idea after watching Castlevania on Netflix and I think it would be interesting to see Superman face an enemy like Dracula whose entire motivation is grief. Another reason I like this idea is I like the idea of the JL also encountering humans working for such a villain who want to kill humanity as well.

That being said how do you think Superman and his fellow heroes would react to a villain who wants to destroy humanity because he sees it as evil and is even aided by humans of the same opinion? I especially like the idea of Superman going after a villain like this because of what happened in Injustice. This is the kind of villain I'm talking about
    You mean... R'as al'Ghul? Because wiping out most, if not all of humanity has kind of been his thing for some time now. He believes humanity to be a plague upon the Earth and wishes to cleanse the planet of humanity so Earth can heal. And those that are with him are fanatically loyal to him.

Then in Superman Rebirth: Oz Effect, Jor-El instituted a number of terrorist actions because he believed (apparently mind controlled) that humanity was beneath his son and his son's family.