BANNED

Default Will DC allow Geoff Johns to give the Flash Family a break within the future ?

Say whatever you want about the situation, but you cannot deny the fact that DC and Geoff Johns place the Flash in a no-win situation with the whole idea of his mother being murdered by his arch enemy and he cannot do anything about it and then the whole Flashpoint mess and the erase of the Flash family and then Rebirth happen and the ORIGINAL Wally West returned and then the lost his own family and here we are now....So my question is this as a fan of the Flash: Will DC. Ever allow Geoff Johns to give the Flash family a WIN in Doomsday clock or any other tale that Geoff Johns is involved in DC with ?

I mean he place the Flash family into this situation so he should have a plan in place to get them out of it, right ?

I mean it’s not going to be left to the current people running DC to get the Flash Family out of its darkness pit, right ?

AS Flash fans: WHat do you think of this ?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Short answer - NO.

The people currently in charge have made it crystal clear that there can be only one Flash and his name is Barry Allen.
    The fact that THIS Barry bears almost no resemblance to the Barry Allen I read before Crisis is irrelevant.
    I'm amazed they allowed Bendis to Williamson to bring Bart back, and Jay got 2 pages before being shunted off into limbo again.

I don't think we will see the 'Flash Family' again until there is a major shake-up in DC editorial.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I think Johns has very little to do with the status quo. As for the rest, maybe... when management changes, if there's still support, the new guy may want to start on a strong note.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

#JusticeforJay!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I'm cautiously optimistic that Bendis could try to get a Wally book under Wonder Comics if DiDio doesnt want him in the Main DC Line
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Say whatever you want about the situation, but you cannot deny the fact that DC and Geoff Johns place the Flash in a no-win situation with the whole idea of his mother being murdered by his arch enemy and he cannot do anything about it and then the whole Flashpoint mess and the erase of the Flash family and then Rebirth happen and the ORIGINAL Wally West returned and then the lost his own family and here we are now....So my question is this as a fan of the Flash: Will DC. Ever allow Geoff Johns to give the Flash family a WIN in Doomsday clock or any other tale that Geoff Johns is involved in DC with ?
    Well, considering what DC has done with/to the ORIGINAL version of Wally West since Geoff Johns brought him back in DC Universe: Rebirth back in 2016, what do YOU think?

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I'm cautiously optimistic that Bendis could try to get a Wally book under Wonder Comics if DiDio doesnt want him in the Main DC Line
    wait, is bendis' wonder comics line separate from the main dc line?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait, is bendis' wonder comics line separate from the main dc line?
    It seems to be a Refuge for Characters that Dan has no interest over and Bendis likes. They're all Main Continuity but they're a separate imprint
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

I'm not even sure that Johns would be interested in doing so again, considering his present duties have changed.

That said, if he expressed interest, I think DC would let him either after they finished with the saga they're getting ready to tell with Wally, if if it proved so disastrous in sales that a reset button was hit.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

spoilers:
    Wally West was named dropped today in Doomsday Clock #9...Any chance that DC will Allow Geoff Johns to finish his story that he stared in DC REBIRTH ?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wally West was named dropped today in Doomsday Clock #9...Any chance that DC will Allow Geoff Johns to finish his story that he stared in DC REBIRTH ?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought he had finished that part by bringing OG Wally back?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought he had finished that part by bringing OG Wally back?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yet Wally was the one who tried to warn everyone of Dr. Manhattan. So shouldn’t he get a chance to play a role in his overall downfall ?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yet Wally was the one who tried to warn everyone of Dr. Manhattan. So shouldn’t he get a chance to play a role in his overall downfall ?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Wait. Did Wally "warn everybody of Manhattan", or just say that something was wrong but then started forgetting what exactly was wrong once he was integrated back into the then-present DC universe?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And that "someone else" comment at the bottom of the one page seems to go with what Batman is saying to himself on the last page. Wally ended with "It was something else."
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    spoilers:
    Wait. Did Wally "warn everybody of Manhattan", or just say that something was wrong but then started forgetting what exactly was wrong once he was integrated back into the then-present DC universe?
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And that "someone else" comment at the bottom of the one page seems to go with what Batman is saying to himself on the last page. Wally ended with "It was something else."
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In my take on this Wally tried to warn Batman and Flash of Dr. Manhattan and his actions. I mean Batman's given hints of this in the various stories that Rebirth showcased. So he knows someone is messing with them big time.
    end of spoilers