After the events of GOW4, there is a slight lull in Kratos' life during which he begins to bond more deeply with his son. Lo and behold, a watery image appears from a brook the pair are drinking out of while hunting.

Atreus: "WOW! His beard is huge! Who is that?"

Kratos: "Your great uncle, Triton, ruler of the seas in his father's stead." *pulles out the Leviathan axe* "What business have you here, son of Poseidon?"

Triton: "Family business. And whether you want to admit it or not, we are family."

Atreus: "WAIT! Poseidon, as in the Poseidon you killed?"

Triton: "Well, yes."

Kratos: "That is not something that I am proud of."

Triton: "Look Kratos, what you did in your youth cannot be undone. But you gave hope back to the world, and for that, I thank you. After father died I raised a family, and even settled a kingdom. So it was not all for nothing. But, I have a problem."

Kratos: "I will not kill for you, Triton. Those days are over."

Triton: "I am not asking you to. You see I have seven daughters, and they hardly knew their mother. The youngest, well, she needs a guiding hand. And seeing how well you've done with your son, I thought you might be willing to at least start making up for the past."

Kratos: "Let us see her."

Triton: *summons a legged Ariel from the nearby bushes* "My youngest."

Atreus: "WHOA! Have you been starving her or something?! She's so skinny!"

Triton: "She takes after her mother. Kratos, if you do this, I will have to warn you. She can be quite a handful."

Kratos: "So was my son after Faye left us. But look at him now."

Triton: "Kratos, I smell blood on him! The blood of a God!"

Kratos: "He was having a moment. But he has grown out of it."

Triton: "I...see. Well, if you will impart some wisdom and training to my daughter, I would be most grateful. Do what you must. But PLEASE reign her in, she's nearly destroyed the kingdom several times!"

Atreus: "whoa..."

Kratos: "As you said, she will be with family. It seems that it would be good for her to learn how things work outside the world you built."

And just like that, a young Ariel takes on the alias "Girl," and begins to live, learn and train under the stern eye of the former God of War(and Father of the Year.)

Can Kratos' sanity go the distance?

And...

How dangerous might Ariel become when she finally returns to the sea?