Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 274
  1. #241
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Tim's new identity might be a joke.....

    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...13756785397760

    Bendis: "confirmed! #youngjustice 7. new design by @johntimmsart new Tim Drake alias 'conceived' by Bart Allen. #hmmm"

    _________

    It seriously might just be that the team's on a different world and they need to go undercover to blend in, so they have disguise, and Bart makes a running joke about Tim's look by giving him a new name.

    I wouldn't count this possibility out yet. Solicits are known to be cheeky as many have reminded me.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  2. #242
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Tim's new identity might be a joke.....

    https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...13756785397760

    Bendis: "confirmed! #youngjustice 7. new design by @johntimmsart new Tim Drake alias 'conceived' by Bart Allen. #hmmm"

    _________

    It seriously might just be that the team's on a different world and they need to go undercover to blend in, so they have disguise, and Bart makes a running joke about Tim's look by giving him a new name.

    I wouldn't count this possibility out yet. Solicits are known to be cheeky as many have reminded me.

    I think Bendis in this twitter is confirming Tim has a new identity and costume.

    Bendis was answering this question:

    Since Tim is getting a new alias, is it safe to assume that he’s getting a new costume as well? @BRIANMBENDIS


    Maybe the new identity is idea of Bart, but it's likely his new permanent identity.

    In fact, I have doubts about the solicitations before this twitter. Now, I'm pretty sure Tim is changing his identity.


    PS: Bendis even promote the design by John Timm in this twitter.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-14-2019 at 09:51 AM.

  3. #243
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Feels like Tim Drake's new Identity has been a joke for a few years now with recent revelations pointing to intentional in-story gag's by writers like Tomasi and now Bendis is getting in on it.

  4. #244
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Bendis was answering this question
    I know he was (I linked the tweet after all), but I think his "new identity" may be a tongue in cheek jab at his "this is totally his new identity from now on" history nearly every time he sees regular publication.

    PS: Bendis even promote the design by John Timm in this twitter.
    Well of course he is. John Timms is drawing the issue that this possible gag is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Feels like Tim Drake's new Identity has been a joke for a few years now with recent revelations pointing to intentional in-story gag's by writers like Tomasi and now Bendis is getting in on it.
    Yeah, this is what I'm starting to think. I'm leaning more towards this specifically because Bart is apparently the one who comes up with it. Bart functioning as a character who can take shots at characters' publication histories that are just shy of forth wall breaking. There's even a facetious nature to that section of the solicit itself.

    I'm totally now back on my Tim and Conner are staying Superboy and Robin train.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  5. #245
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Well of course he is. John Timms is drawing the issue that this possible gag is in.
    The point is you don't promote a new design for a costume in that way if it's just a joke costume.


    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, this is what I'm starting to think. I'm leaning more towards this specifically because Bart is apparently the one who comes up with it. Bart functioning as a character who can take shots at characters' publication histories that are just shy of forth wall breaking. There's even a facetious nature to that section of the solicit itself.
    I think dietrich means the change of identity will be a in-story gag, but it doesn't mean the change won't be permanent.


    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm totally now back on my Tim and Conner are staying Superboy and Robin train.
    Of course, I still think Tim and Conner will change identities.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-14-2019 at 12:04 PM.

  6. #246
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,943

    Default

    Since seeing the solicits I now feel like Tim will be the one changing his name.
    What I meant and what i don't understand is why make him Robin for a 6 issues then change it back? That is what I meant about Bendis getting in on it.

    Tim Drake is my least favourite Robin but I feel the character has contributed too much to be reduced to a character who the most interesting thing/debate about him in the last few years has been about what id he will take.

    Honestly I don't care anymore. Now with Bendis taking shots at Damian the whole thing is turning into a bad joke.
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-14-2019 at 12:55 PM.

  7. #247
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The point is you don't promote a new design for a costume in that way if it's just a joke costume.
    I hesitate to call this "promoting" in any official sense. Even the solicit possibly airing on the side of a gag gives me pause. We've had other solicits in the past remark on or hype up a character's change in identity or something only to find out that it was a one-off instance or a gag. Hell, even actual covers have done this.

    An appropriate example being Wingman and Redbird from issue 4 of Batman Inc.

    Solicit says "WINGMAN and REDBIRD descent upon GOTHAM CITY! Who are these heroes, and what is their relationship to THE DARK KNIGHT?"

    And this is the cover



    It says they're the new dynamic duo, but they only ever work together once in this issue for just one moment, and Bruce only suggest they be a team, but both go back to being Red Hood and Robin.

    ___________

    I think this has every chance of being a knowing gag about how DC can't seem to settle on a name for Tim (Robin, Batman (Beyond), Batman (grown up Tim), Red Robin, Savior (grown up Tim), and now Robin again), and the idea will be to finally make him Robin for keeps. I genuinely think it's a joke.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  8. #248
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    If we're talking about Conner, then we had a fairly long discussion about this two or so years back - I myself am fairly partial to the name I myself came up with: SUPERNOVA!

    It would still make it clear that Conner is a part of the super-family, and it would also harken back to his first comics, where he was in a "look at me!" -mode, of wanting to be a recognizable star. (superstars like movie-stars are sometimes called supernova's, if they are especially famous for the moment)

    Plus, it also has the symmetry of being one of those previously unused old, forgotten identities of another hero! Like Nightwing was used before Dick Grayson took the mantle, so was Supernova a code-name that Superman used in a one-off story (later also used by Booster Gold in modern times).

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_(comics)
    What the hell? Marvel has a villain called that.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernova_(Marvel_Comics)

  9. #249
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I hesitate to call this "promoting" in any official sense. Even the solicit possibly airing on the side of a gag gives me pause. We've had other solicits in the past remark on or hype up a character's change in identity or something only to find out that it was a one-off instance or a gag. Hell, even actual covers have done this.

    An appropriate example being Wingman and Redbird from issue 4 of Batman Inc.

    Solicit says "WINGMAN and REDBIRD descent upon GOTHAM CITY! Who are these heroes, and what is their relationship to THE DARK KNIGHT?"

    And this is the cover



    It says they're the new dynamic duo, but they only ever work together once in this issue for just one moment, and Bruce only suggest they be a team, but both go back to being Red Hood and Robin.

    ___________

    I think this has every chance of being a knowing gag about how DC can't seem to settle on a name for Tim (Robin, Batman (Beyond), Batman (grown up Tim), Red Robin, Savior (grown up Tim), and now Robin again), and the idea will be to finally make him Robin for keeps. I genuinely think it's a joke.
    I wasn't speaking about the solicitations. I have doubts about this before the twitter.

    I'm speaking about Bendis writting "confirmed! #youngjustice 7. new design by @johntimmsart" in his twitter (this seems to be a promotion). Bendis seems serious about the change of costume.

    Honestly, I don't see why "new Tim Drake alias 'conceived' by Bart Allen. #hmmm" can make all this a joke.


    PS: Maybe someone should ask this directly to Bendis. The change of identity for Tim doesn't seem a secret anymore.

  10. #250
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I wasn't speaking about the solicitations. I have doubts about this before the twitter.
    Sure, but the tweet builds off the solicitations, so we are speaking about them. I don't take it as more than a repeating of the solicitation right now.

    PS: Maybe someone should ask this directly to Bendis. The change of identity for Tim doesn't seem a secret anymore.
    Bendis has zero reason to give a straight answer in regards to if this is something that is intended to be more than a joke, so there's not much point.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 04-14-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  11. #251
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    I know we are talking a lot about Tim changing names here,but just seeing SB in every panel of every issue and every bit of the cover and internal art we get screams he is older than everyone else and yes ready for a new name.

  12. #252
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,685

    Default

    So Bart is the one who came up with the Young Justice name in the first place (through a comical misunderstanding, but still) and now he gets to name Tim?

    Not the kid I would've gone to in either case, yet oddly appropriate.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  13. #253
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Conner is the only Superboy for me.

  14. #254
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    I return this topic, because I think the practically confirmed fact that Jon will join the Legion, it makes extremely likely Jon will mantain the name of Superboy.

    I think a comic called "Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes" is pretty possible. Although even if this isn't the name, a Superboy in the Legion seems the perfect reference for previous incarnations.


    Also, we have an image of the new suit (which should exist with new identity) for Tim Drake:
    https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram...ninstagram.com

  15. #255
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,840

    Default

    Lol I was looking for this thread the other day because it's totally, yeah, it's all but confirmed now that Jon and Damian are holding onto Superboy and Robin as their birthrights. I mean, this just straight up confirms it, I feel.





    I thought Tim's identity was going to be a gag based on how the solicit was written, but, nah, it's totally legit. I just wonder what Bendis wants to call Conner now? I mean, Tim is less hard because he's changed his name before, but this will be a first for Conner. I wonder if Conner will change his costume same as Tim?

    Or maybe it may just be as simple Conner keeping the Superboy name because Jon will mostly going back and forth from the present and future like the classic Superboy? Or maybe he'll be Guardian like we all assumed?
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-08-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •