Default RIP Eddie Jones (Jonathan Kent from Lois and Clark)

Eddie Jones, who played Jonathan Kent on Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, has passed away at 84.

I remember him in that show, and the far less well known Invisible Man series from the early 2000's. He was a good actor in both roles. I'm sorry to hear the news, but at his age, it's not really surprising.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I remember my dad once saying that his and K. Callan's Ma & Pa were the takes on the characters he most believed were the people who would have raised Superman.
    Buh-bye

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I remember my dad once saying that his and K. Callan's Ma & Pa were the takes on the characters he most believed were the people who would have raised Superman.
    He certainly portrayed the warmth that one would imagine Superman embodies. A real shame he's gone. My condolences to his surviving family.

They were certainly a bright spot in an already very good show. I was hoping he and K. Callan would come to Metropolis one year. RIP Mr. Jones, and condolences to his family.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I honestly thought he had passed away some time ago. Still,sad news. He and K. Callan were always fun to watch and they brought a lot to Lois and Clark. To date, he's the only live action Jonathan Kent to not die on screen. Rest in peace,Eddie. Thanks for a great version of Jonathan Kent.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Sad news. I always liked his take on Pa.

Was his the only live-action portrayal of Jonathan Kent who lived to see Clark become Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Sad news. I always liked his take on Pa.

Was his the only live-action portrayal of Jonathan Kent who lived to see Clark become Superman?
    Unless you widen this to be more 'see Clark in the uniform' and count the Superboy series, all the other live-action portrayals had Jonathan pass away before Clark wore the cape.

Lots of good memories of Eddie Jones as Jonathan - for which I will always be grateful.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I honestly thought he had passed away some time ago. Still,sad news. He and K. Callan were always fun to watch and they brought a lot to Lois and Clark. To date, he's the only live action Jonathan Kent to not die on screen. Rest in peace,Eddie. Thanks for a great version of Jonathan Kent.
    This is the camp I'm in. I could have sworn I heard a few years back that he had died. I know Perry did. Him and K Callan are probably my favorite live action Ma and Pa. He also did a voice on the Ghost In The Shell series. The guy trying to oust the Prime Minister.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Sad. I always enjoyed the character dynamics on Lois and Clark.