Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default One of the Superboy's to be renamed?

https://www.cbr.com/superboy-new-codename/

"With two different versions of Superboy running around in the DC Universe, it appears that at least one of them is getting renamed to differentiate the pair. During an AMA with Bendis on Reddit, the writer was asked whether he has any plans to introduce the two characters together.

Bendis revealed "Jon and Conner will meet and work that out. On panel. PROMISE." He added that "yes, there will be some rebranding and some new looks. Change is good!" He didn't reveal which character in particular will receive the new name or redesign, but it does mean that there should be a little less confusion moving forward for the young heroes."

Either one getting a new name is fine. Conner didn’t want to be called Superboy so I could see it being him.

Since I've been predicting that Bendis aged up Jonathan so that he could join the Legion of Super-Heroes as its new Superboy when Bendis relaunches that title (probably as part of Wonder Comics), I would guess that Conner would have to get the name change. Of course, this would necessitate a name change for Conner if Young Justice comes back for more seasons.

I think this is fine. Jonathan has been Superboy for years now, so it wouldn't make sense for Conner to resume using that name. Once Conner finds out about Jonathan, I'm sure he'll relinquish the name.

In fact, the meeting between Kon and Jon might be the catalyst for an overall new direction for Kon. When Superman's half-clone meets Superman's child, Kon might feel kind of on the outs in that family and might want to establish his own unique identity a la Red Hood giving up being Robin.

What do you think are the odds of John getting de-aged. Personally thought he was better Damian's age?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    What do you think are the odds of John getting de-aged. Personally thought he was better Damian's age?
    I don't think it is going to happen for a while. Sad truth.

BANNED

Unless the big pay off is a coy way of saying Jon'll be deaged.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Since I've been predicting that Bendis aged up Jonathan so that he could join the Legion of Super-Heroes as its new Superboy when Bendis relaunches that title (probably as part of Wonder Comics), I would guess that Conner would have to get the name change. Of course, this would necessitate a name change for Conner if Young Justice comes back for more seasons.

I think this is fine. Jonathan has been Superboy for years now, so it wouldn't make sense for Conner to resume using that name. Once Conner finds out about Jonathan, I'm sure he'll relinquish the name.

In fact, the meeting between Kon and Jon might be the catalyst for an overall new direction for Kon. When Superman's half-clone meets Superman's child, Kon might feel kind of on the outs in that family and might want to establish his own unique identity a la Red Hood giving up being Robin.
    I don't see that at all.

They should just make it a running gag that no one can tell them apart, regardless of any name change.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It'll be Conner. There's no way they're not going to let the actual son of Superman not be Superboy.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Either one getting a new name is fine. Conner didn’t want to be called Superboy so I could see it being him.
    Not when he about to come to the live action Titans....

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not when he about to come to the live action Titans....
    And is a mainstay on Young Justice (part 2 airs this summer, I believe).

Fantastic Member

While it might cause issues with the Young Justice cartoon, I'm a fan of Guardian for Conner's new identity (if he isn't sharing Superman with Kal), given his history with the previous post holders and the fact it relates back well to his purpose as a hero.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    While it might cause issues with the Young Justice cartoon, I'm a fan of Guardian for Conner's new identity (if he isn't sharing Superman with Kal), given his history with the previous post holders and the fact it relates back well to his purpose as a hero.
    I could definitely get behind Kon taking up the Guardian name! It suits him perfectly!