Mighty Member

Default Silver age Superman cover idea.

Superman is breaking rocks in the prison quarry. He has a kryptonite ball chained to his leg. Luthor is seated under a beach umbrella (it' a hot day) smirking as he enjoys a cold lemonade. One prison guard asks another why the Man of Steel demanded he take Luthor's place for the day. So...what do you imagine would be the convoluted story behind the cover? Not a dream, not a hoax, not an imaginary story. And Supes is NOT being mind controlled!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Superman is breaking rocks in the prison quarry. He has a kryptonite ball chained to his leg. Luthor is seated under a beach umbrella (it' a hot day) smirking as he enjoys a cold lemonade. One prison guard asks another why the Man of Steel demanded he take Luthor's place for the day. So...what do you imagine would be the convoluted story behind the cover? Not a dream, not a hoax, not an imaginary story. And Supes is NOT being mind controlled!
    Luthor invents a device from prison that will let him swap minds with Superman. Superman learns of this and, after stopping enough crime to buy himself a day of rest before the process is complete, demands he take Luthor's place for 24 hours and to not let him out of it no matter what he says - that for 24 hours they're to treat him as if he's Lex Luthor, and Luthor as if he's Superman. Lex then takes over Superman's body, but awakens to find himself powerless and forced to break quarry rocks - all while seeing "himself" (who he knows is Superman) relaxing for the day, as the guards were directed to do so by Superman.

SuperLex: "But I'M LEX LUTHOR! Not HIM!!"

Guard: "Yeah, we know "Lex" - now get back to work!"

SuperLex: "CURSE YOU, SUPERMAAAAAN!"

Superman-in-Lex's-Body: "He sure does a good impression of me, doesn't he?" (wink)
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Im not even gonna bother thinking of one, because JAK just won.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im not even gonna bother thinking of one, because JAK just won.
    Yep! We need whole threads dedicated to this sort of thing!
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Luthor invents a device from prison that will let him swap minds with Superman. Superman learns of this and, after stopping enough crime to buy himself a day of rest before the process is complete, demands he take Luthor's place for 24 hours and to not let him out of it no matter what he says - that for 24 hours they're to treat him as if he's Lex Luthor, and Luthor as if he's Superman. Lex then takes over Superman's body, but awakens to find himself powerless and forced to break quarry rocks - all while seeing "himself" (who he knows is Superman) relaxing for the day, as the guards were directed to do so by Superman.

Superman-in-Lex's-Body: "He sure does a good impression of me, doesn't he?" (wink)
    Definitely a winner!

I am afraid you might have killed off a brilliant thread. Brilliant!

LOL! Thanks, everybody! That was fun - and strangely fast. (I had the '66 Filmation theme in my head the whole time - especially on the last line!)

I love the idea of more of these. You know, we could just turn this into a "here's a crazy idea - how could it work?" thread.

Williamtheday, if you think of any more, we're all ears! Er... eyes, as it were.
    images.jpg
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

First post and Jak got it in one. Damn. Well done, sir.

LOL! Thanks, everybody! That was fun - and strangely fast. (I had the '66 Filmation theme in my head the whole time - especially on the last line!)

I love the idea of more of these. You know, we could just turn this into a "here's a crazy idea - how could it work?" thread.

Williamtheday, if you think of any more, we're all ears! Er... eyes, as it were.
    images.jpg
    That is why you are Superman, buddy! That wink pic sinches your answer as the perfect ending.

Mighty Member

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked it!