Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 253
  1. #136
    Mighty Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I brought this up in the other thread but time does flow differently in Gemworld. Amethyst goes from 13 on Earth to around 20 in Gemworld. When she leaves, she becomes 13 again. This could be the case for Conner when he leaves.

    Hope not, I personally like him older, rather they say his family can't follow him to earth, cause they only exist on gemworld.

    A older SB would sync better with the YJ and Titans shows
    You want your SB/kon-el/Conner kent fix

    Read and watch both YJs
    Watch Reign of the Supermen
    He is coming to Titans
    He might be back in Injustice

    Support your favorite SUPER clone

  2. #137
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Well, the solicitations for June could have a hint.

    They treat Jon as Superboy, while Conner Kent is mentioned by his name (although Cassie is called Wonder Girl and Bart is called Impulse).

    SUPERMAN #12
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    The House of El is united in this SUPERMAN/SUPERGIRL crossover! It’s the House of El against everyone as Superman, Jor-El, Supergirl and Superboy face intergalactic attacks from Rogol Zaar, General Zod and an armada of alien warriors and assassins. With the truth behind Krypton’s destruction set to be revealed, a galactic conspiracy threatens to silence Supergirl and Jor-El if Superman can’t live up to his name.
    ON SALE 06.12.19


    YOUNG JUSTICE #6
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by JOHN TIMMS and ELENA CASAGRANDE
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by RAMON VILLALOBOS
    The secrets of Gemworld begin to unlock themselves for the newly reformed members of Young Justice—Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Jinny Hex, Wonder Girl, Impulse and the new Teen Lantern—but is it too late for the teen heroes to help Amethyst bring some order to her chaotic realm? Fan-favorite artist Elena Casagrande also joins the team as she delivers a look at Jinny Hex’s origins and how she came to be in Metropolis on the day the new Young Justice formed.
    ON SALE 06.05.19



    So, I guess it's pretty likely Jon will mantain the Superboy identity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-15-2019 at 03:57 PM.

  3. #138
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    I stand firm. I think Kon will keep the Superboy name, and Jon won't.

    For now they'll both be called Superboy same as how Damian and Tim are both Robin, but down the line the issue will arrive where they sort the name stuff out, and I have all the confidence in the world that Jon will discard the name.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  4. #139
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I stand firm. I think Kon will keep the Superboy name, and Jon won't.

    For now they'll both be called Superboy same as how Damian and Tim are both Robin, but down the line the issue will arrive where they sort the name stuff out, and I have all the confidence in the world that Jon will discard the name.
    Yeah, I remember Bendis saying the names won't change till Jon and Conner meet and talk with each other

  5. #140
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I remember Bendis saying the names won't change till Jon and Conner meet and talk with each other
    Bendis didn't say that. In reddit, Bendis said Conner and Jon will meet in the future, he also say change of identities will happen (regarding the situation of two Robin and two Superboys). However, he didn't say the change of names will happen after they talk with each other.

    That said, I don't think the change of identity will happen in June either (Tim still use the Robin suit in the cover). However, the solicitation could be a hint of the future.
    Last edited by Konja7; 03-15-2019 at 04:40 PM.

  6. #141
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I remember Bendis saying the names won't change till Jon and Conner meet and talk with each other
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's when it's gonna happen. He said something to the effect of "that's something they'll hash out." That sounds like they'll have an actual conversation about it.

    It also tracks with Bendis' earlier work at Marvel dealing with heroes sharing a name. Bendis had Miles and Peter meet, and they unambiguously discussed the name situation. Everything points to him doing the same here.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  7. #142
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure that's when it's gonna happen. He said something to the effect of "that's something they'll hash out." That sounds like they'll have an actual conversation about it.

    It also tracks with Bendis' earlier work at Marvel dealing with heroes sharing a name. Bendis had Miles and Peter meet, and they unambiguously discussed the name situation. Everything points to him doing the same here.
    yep, that's what I meant. Huh, and you are right about the miles sand pete situation, didn't even realize how similar that is to Jon and Conner.

  8. #143
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yep, that's what I meant. Huh, and you are right about the miles sand pete situation, didn't even realize how similar that is to Jon and Conner.
    Yeah, I've noticed Bendis re-using a few older plot points and themes in his current work.

    Which I'm cool with so far, because they were good ideas worth doing again.

    Still not sure who will change their name. Both have quality claims to the title but both have reasons to leave it behind as well.

    If Jon changes his name, I expect Damian to do so as well.

    Oh sh*t......what if Didio's plan is to have Jon and Damian become the new Flamebird and Nightwing?

    Oh hell! Dick!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  9. #144
    Mighty Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    superboy and super-boy lol
    You want your SB/kon-el/Conner kent fix

    Read and watch both YJs
    Watch Reign of the Supermen
    He is coming to Titans
    He might be back in Injustice

    Support your favorite SUPER clone

  10. #145
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed Bendis re-using a few older plot points and themes in his current work.

    Which I'm cool with so far, because they were good ideas worth doing again.

    Still not sure who will change their name. Both have quality claims to the title but both have reasons to leave it behind as well.

    If Jon changes his name, I expect Damian to do so as well.

    Oh sh*t......what if Didio's plan is to have Jon and Damian become the new Flamebird and Nightwing?

    Oh hell! Dick!
    I don't think Bendis has enough creative control over Damian to change his codename unless DC editorial had already decided to do it beforehand, so Tim will probably just not be Robin again.

  11. #146
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Bendis has enough creative control over Damian to change his codename unless DC editorial had already decided to do it beforehand, so Tim will probably just not be Robin again.
    Young Justice has been in the works for a while, so it's possible editorial has already had this conversation with him.

    It's not a crazy amount to go on but the solstice for Young Justice issue 3 calls Tim Drake "the best Robin." Plus Bendis said that there'd be both some re branding AND a new look. Tim and Conner just came back, and they just got these current looks. Similarly, Jon just got his new look, so the odd man out is Damian, who has been sporting his look since Rebirth. With Tim apparently being billed as "the best Robin" and Damian being the only of the 4 to not have a new look, I feel pretty comfy assuming he's one of the characters getting the new look and the re brand.

    And because I don't think Bendis will leave it with just Damian (since "re branding" can mean more than just one) I think Jon's also leaving the Superboy name to Conner. It's not really a mountain of evidence to go on, but I think the Super Sons are done as Robin and Superboy. Maybe having a lot to do with the fact that both can be easily identified as the biological sons of Batman and Superman for whatever new reader wonders.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  12. #147
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Young Justice has been in the works for a while, so it's possible editorial has already had this conversation with him.

    It's not a crazy amount to go on but the solstice for Young Justice issue 3 calls Tim Drake "the best Robin." Plus Bendis said that there'd be both some re branding AND a new look. Tim and Conner just came back, and they just got these current looks. Similarly, Jon just got his new look, so the odd man out is Damian, who has been sporting his look since Rebirth. With Tim apparently being billed as "the best Robin" and Damian being the only of the 4 to not have a new look, I feel pretty comfy assuming he's one of the characters getting the new look and the re brand.

    And because I don't think Bendis will leave it with just Damian (since "re branding" can mean more than just one) I think Jon's also leaving the Superboy name to Conner. It's not really a mountain of evidence to go on, but I think the Super Sons are done as Robin and Superboy. Maybe having a lot to do with the fact that both can be easily identified as the biological sons of Batman and Superman for whatever new reader wonders.
    I dunno. I think DC has too much investment in Damian as Robin right now to just give the name back to Tim, while I find it more believable that Conner will keep Superboy since he's in, like, three different media representations with that codename in the current year alone and there's been such a shift for Jon.

    There's only so much stock I think we can put in solicits, especially when they get into "Best ____." I remember how many complaints there were about Hal N' Pals solicits constantly calling out Hal as the "Greatest Green Lantern" even though the actual book never called him that or tried to portray him as better then the other Earth GL's. Solicits are known for being tongue-in-cheek more then the actual content in their stories are.

    Tim really hasn't had much luck outside the Robin codename, but I think he is in need of a re-brand more then just going back to being plain Robin again. It would also kind of mess with the sequencing of the Robins.

    (Although it's kind of hilarious to have all this talk about major important shifts for Batfamily members that are happening outside Batman books).

  13. #148
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I think DC has too much investment in Damian as Robin right now to just give the name back to Tim, while I find it more believable that Conner will keep Superboy since he's in, like, three different media representations with that codename in the current year alone and there's been such a shift for Jon.

    There's only so much stock I think we can put in solicits, especially when they get into "Best ____." I remember how many complaints there were about Hal N' Pals solicits constantly calling out Hal as the "Greatest Green Lantern" even though the actual book never called him that or tried to portray him as better then the other Earth GL's. Solicits are known for being tongue-in-cheek more then the actual content in their stories are.

    Tim really hasn't had much luck outside the Robin codename, but I think he is in need of a re-brand more then just going back to being plain Robin again. It would also kind of mess with the sequencing of the Robins.

    (Although it's kind of hilarious to have all this talk about major important shifts for Batfamily members that are happening outside Batman books).
    I think they've just got a lot invested in Damian in general, and that won't change with a name change I feel. And in the case of the solicit for the GL book, Hal is given more attention as the main GL than any other Earth GL. They may not call him the greatest in text, but he's most assuredly the one most pushed.

    Again, I think the main take-away is that the Super Sons wouldn't really need the code names Superboy and Robin to remain relevant, well known, and easily identifiable. Hell, it's possible that Damian may adopt the title "The Demon" if all of this links to Leviathan in some way. Talia is reported to be involved in the new DCU dealing with Leviathan. Something my prompt Damian to have to take up that side of the family's mantle?

    Mark my words: Jon Kent going just by his name in public (kind of impossible to explain where the 10 year old is now) and Damian aka "The Demon" or thereabouts.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

  14. #149
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,342

    Default

    The re branding of the batverse isn't happening outside the batbooks since Tom King is the guy plotting and writing it. He put out a tweet about how nervous he was about writing it.

    The bat verse has 2 big changes arising from the fall out from King's run, Tec and City of Bane to be written by King.

    Also when Damian died DC had a lot invested in him yet they were willing to let him stay dead. The email that saved him came from WB.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-17-2019 at 01:57 PM.

  15. #150
    AT EASE, LOO-SUH! Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He put out a tweet about how nervous he was about writing it.
    You got a link for this? I've heard about this recently, but I haven't read the specific tweet in question myself.

    Also when Damian died DC had a lot invested in him yet they were willing to let him stay dead. The email that saved him came from WB.
    I personally don't see a reason to think he's going anywhere any time soon.
    #MakeAlexGreatAgain

    "Your videos give us hope. They give us strength in these times of slow normals, Chun-Li costumes and rampant New York fires.
    We shall overcome. The day will come when we are all warmed up."


    -Coffee That

    PM me if you tryina mix it up in SFV (and Dragon Ball FighterZ). Just know: the hypa bomb takes no prisoners.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •