Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I'm kind of partial to the Rook. Chess piece and a smart bird.
    Yeah, that works.

That would be a perfect name for him. Tower defense piece for chess best used in the endgame and an intellectual bird great at solving puzzles. There's been a few heroes with that name but Tim could really popularize it. He'll he can even keep the "R"

61weLo4hibL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

51qaq8MTFyL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

250px-The_Return_of_an_American_Legend_The_Rook.jpg

Perfect.

Make it so, DC!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Talon would have made a lot of sense if it hadn't already been utilized in the lore elsewhere.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I wouldnt even be against using Talon now. There's a whole new mythology to use in connection to the name; make it work for the hero!

Maybe the hero takes the name in an attempt to wrest control of the Court and drive it towards positive change.

Or maybe the hero dies and is resurrected as the newest Talon, but retains his own identity and morality and sets out to dismantle the Court for screwing with him.

Or who knows what? The name has more story behind it than it ever did before. That *has* to be a positive development for a hero taking the Talon moniker.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Either one getting a new name is fine. Conner didn’t want to be called Superboy so I could see it being him.
    Not when he about to come to the live action Titans....

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Not when he about to come to the live action Titans....
    And is a mainstay on Young Justice (part 2 airs this summer, I believe).

Fantastic Member

While it might cause issues with the Young Justice cartoon, I'm a fan of Guardian for Conner's new identity (if he isn't sharing Superman with Kal), given his history with the previous post holders and the fact it relates back well to his purpose as a hero.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    While it might cause issues with the Young Justice cartoon, I'm a fan of Guardian for Conner's new identity (if he isn't sharing Superman with Kal), given his history with the previous post holders and the fact it relates back well to his purpose as a hero.
    I could definitely get behind Kon taking up the Guardian name! It suits him perfectly!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

So, Bendis said this

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...61066899623937

Bendis: "Tim drake #thebestrobin is not in #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN but he is in EVERY panel of the next issue of #YoungJustice #dcwondercomics including a whopper of a chapter by @kristaferanka but Damien #notevenclosetothebestrobin IS in #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN"

So, what we thought was just a one-off solicit thing is actually being repeated and added to by Bendis here. He's over here calling Tim the best Robin, and Damian "not even close to the best Robin." Coupling that with the simple fact that Bendis made Timm Robin again in the first place, I'm growing increasingly more sure that Damian is done being Robin.

I'm thinking Bendis is being so caviler with calling Damian "not even close to the best Robin" because the joke is that he's no longer going to be Robin.

And as we've discussed in the past, it's most likely that whoever keep the Robin title with most assuredly have their half Kryptonian be the only Superboy, thus I grow more sure that Jon is done calling himself Superboy.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

With Bendis repeating it, I can't can't argue with your assessment.

I wonder what the new names will end up being?

I still fear DC trying to hand the Nightwing mantle off to Damian. It's a damn foolish and stupid idea and really bad business, but those who follow Dick's title know that foolish and stupid is all DC does with the character these days.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    So, Bendis said this

https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/sta...61066899623937

Bendis: "Tim drake #thebestrobin is not in #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN but he is in EVERY panel of the next issue of #YoungJustice #dcwondercomics including a whopper of a chapter by @kristaferanka but Damien #notevenclosetothebestrobin IS in #DCEVENTLEVIATHAN"

So, what we thought was just a one-off solicit thing is actually being repeated and added to by Bendis here. He's over here calling Tim the best Robin, and Damian "not even close to the best Robin." Coupling that with the simple fact that Bendis made Timm Robin again in the first place, I'm growing increasingly more sure that Damian is done being Robin.

I'm thinking Bendis is being so caviler with calling Damian "not even close to the best Robin" because the joke is that he's no longer going to be Robin.

And as we've discussed in the past, it's most likely that whoever keep the Robin title with most assuredly have their half Kryptonian be the only Superboy, thus I grow more sure that Jon is done calling himself Superboy.
    I dunno, it just feels really facetious on Bendis' part when he does it like that. It doesn't sound like something to really take seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I still fear DC trying to hand the Nightwing mantle off to Damian. It's a damn foolish and stupid idea and really bad business, but those who follow Dick's title know that foolish and stupid is all DC does with the character these days.
    He's a 13-year old Robin. Why the heck would they make him Nightwing ?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, it just feels really facetious on Bendis' part when he does it like that. It doesn't sound like something to really take seriously.
    I'm sure he doesn't genuinely think Damian is the "not even close" or, frankly, anything like that, but I think he deliberately adds onto the solicit with facetious putdown to highlight the idea that Damian won't need to be "the best" Robin because he's about to be ________

Honestly has seemed telegraphed to me from the start since Bendis went out of his way to give Tim back the name. If Tim was gonna be the one who changed then why even put him in a position to need to change names to begin with? He could have either stayed Red Robin or have been re branded from there.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Dick, I'm not calling him Ric, is in his Nightwing outfit in Doomday Clock #9, this past issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm sure he doesn't genuinely think Damian is the "not even close" or, frankly, anything like that, but I think he deliberately adds onto the solicit with facetious putdown to highlight the idea that Damian won't need to be "the best" Robin because he's about to be ________

Honestly has seemed telegraphed to me from the start since Bendis went out of his way to give Tim back the name. If Tim was gonna be the one who changed then why even put him in a position to need to change names to begin with? He could have either stayed Red Robin or have been re branded from there.
    It just feels like a rib on the fandom or the idea of there being a "Best Robin" rather then a deliberate attempt to prepare people for Damian not being Robin anymore. It feels too jokey to be alluding to something like that.

Marvel does it all the times with the Hawkeyes.

I also don't think he has anything to do with what's written in solicits.

Bendis calling Tim "Robin" again just seemed to be a deliberate "back-to-basics" thing to start off bringing Young Justice back with that you could get away with in Wonder Comics since it's own imprint (and because, well, Bendis is Bendis). Probably not the right point to be doing a re-branding if there is one.