Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think those are probably the types of things he's talking about. How all that came out of the blue and in the span of like 4 issues. He's going to make the changes he wants to make, but he's going to go about it with a little more respect for the characters and the fans that liked things the old way. I guess I see that a little in the changes to Jon. He's acknowledged that a lot of people aren't crazy about it but he's coming at it in a way he thinks is respectful of Jon by not changing his personality or character (meaning he's still the same good kid and not Superboy Prime) and telling a Superman story. Your mileage will definitely vary on that I suppose. I don't have a great attachment to Jon, but I can definitely understand the frustration and worry. Similarly, he's said numerous times that he has no intention of breaking up Clark and Lois. But that doesn't preclude a public breakdown of Clark Kent and Lois Lane's marriage, because they'd technically still be together and in love just through a different facet of the Clark/Superman facade.
    He might not think that he is changing something fundamental about the character. But he is.10 year old A kid and 18 year old guy views the world differently. Jon had a sense of wonder, naivety and Admiration from that feeling. One of the best moments for Jon was when he found out his dad was "The superman" his reaction to it.

A kid could say he would marry popcorn and think girls are yucky.. Etc get away with it.17 year old guy cannot. You can't just paste a personality and attitude of 10 year old onto a 17 year old dude write the character similar to previous writers. And Think it is some great writing . He hasn't done anything cool with the character, that is my problem.

his only addition seems to be "pa" thing, which is unoriginal. Jurgens made base for the character. Tomasi gave his adventures an aesthetic, some support cast and tone which was cool. Bendis is not doing something that can adds on to character. He seems to be replacing/reinventing the character without going into in depth planning on what the new jon character should be. So, he just writes him as Jurgens wrote him which is playing it safe and he fails at that too. It is not working(atleast for me) and falling flat because of this approach. Respecting the character is one thing making him generic is another.Jurgen nor tomasi ever did that. Jon holding Superman's cape and levitating/trying is one of the coolest Jon moments. It came from Jurgens. Alien sounds he makes, without any context and meaning is annoying. Atleast give that some context that has some heart to it(something like the new broly backstory with green alien could work wonders) . It feels like he has hiccups or something right now. I just want something cool and heart touching from the character. Not some shitty poop joke.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2019 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't trademark it. It's the name of a member of Alpha Flight over at Marvel.
    DC already has a hero called Guardian (Jim Harper).

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Answering questions/reassuring people is now considered bragging...

Jesus christ, the hate boners that people have for Bendis is so ridiculous that some of the things stated don't make any sense.
    I’m just saying, between tweets, interviews and is Reddit thing I feel like he’s said “at least I didn’t make him evil!” in like 8 times at this point. That’s a weird thing to be so proud of.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m just saying, between tweets, interviews and is Reddit thing I feel like he’s said “at least I didn’t make him evil!” in like 8 times at this point. That’s a weird thing to be so proud of.
    Not so weird when you take into account just how many people kept saying "he's the new Superboy Prime" or "Bendis is making Jon evil!!!!!" Given how that was one of the prevailing theories going around, I'm not really surprised.

Like, c'mon, my guy. You're grown. You know what the internet is. It's misinformation and unfounded rumors (Bleedingcool butters their freakin toast with headlines like "Jon Kent is evil now.") bombarding 24/7.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-25-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjames21 View Post
    DC already has a hero called Guardian (Jim Harper).
    Fair enough, but the real issue is, what if he gets a solo book? They don't want to lumber him with a name they can't use on a comic cover. Better to use something Marvel can't stake a claim to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Well, after Young Justice #3, I'm pretty sure that Conner will abandon Superboy mantle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Well, after Young Justice #3, I'm pretty sure that Conner will abandon Superboy mantle.
    It makes sense.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm gonna stand firm and say Conner keep the name.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm gonna stand firm and say Conner keep the name.
    I personally always liked the idea that they do the same with CONNER as they did with CHRIS KENT and Thara Ak-Var....

So Conner gets in big trouble and he feels something awaken in him which is the spirit of the famous kryptonian FLAMEBIRD...
    and this makes him stronger and he is like Thara Ak-Var and goes by the new name FLAMEBIRD... which makes a lot of sense, because Flamebird was a Kryptonian Superhero and so he could take the name and at the moment no one uses it....

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah, looks like Jon isn't the only Superboy to be aged up!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe they’ll both get new names.

BANNED

wonder what Conner will call himself now.superyouth? superboy snr.? super adult? superdad? superguy?

I’m pretty confident Kon will change his name. spoilers:
    No dad is going to let someone else call him “boy”.
    end of spoilers

Kon93

My guess is that his wife and kid are was created by his own imagination, and the only way to save the rest of the YJ team is to give it up.

Scion

I brought this up in the other thread but time does flow differently in Gemworld. Amethyst goes from 13 on Earth to around 20 in Gemworld. When she leaves, she becomes 13 again. This could be the case for Conner when he leaves.