Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Technically, the first event I actively followed (i.e. bought every issue, even if it wasn't one of my regular ongoings) was the 1993 Annuals crossover, "Bloodlines"... *dodges tomatoes*

My first company-line-wide event (same criteria) would have been "Zero Hour", which I loved. Still do.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Identity Crisis... I liked it as a edgy emo kid... because of all the suffering and stuff... lol But later on i read it again like one year ago, i hated it.... i despise that event now.

Extraordinary Member

Mine was a JLA/JSA crossover with Earth S in JLofA #135-137. It was a very convoluted story with lots of characters. The art was great but the story left a lot to be desired. It kinda ruined me on those JLA/JSA crossovers for awhile. #136 only had Hawkman and Hawkgirl from Earth 1.

But the cover of #137 is epic for sure.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Batman: No Mans Land, I still hold it and Knightfall as the Best Bat-Events
    No Man's Land was my first event as well. When I was a kid it was so cool to see the entire Bat Family title do a single story for a entire year, I don't know if any other title has done something like this since.

It changed the status quo and made Batman exciting especially after the lull in between this and Knightfall.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

I read Crisis on Infinite Earths when it came out back in the day, and it was amazing. I still enjoy it a lot.

It is hard to pick a favorite even over the years, but it is a contender. DC has had a lot of enjoyable events.

Marvel has been more of a mixed bag, but a lot of the X-Men events over the years have been good. I'm fond of pretty much every X-event from Mutant Massacre through at least O:ZT. I missed Onslaught, so I don't know if it is good.

Retired

I guess the first one that felt like a big event when I was reading it was the Starbreaker trilogy in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 96 - 98, in 1971 - 72, which had been built up to in previous issues. That had the sense of impending danger and the Earth's super-heroes being pushed to their limits, to fight for all the marbles. Essentially the bread and butter of every big event since then. I never read the Galactus trilogy--until Marvel reprinted it--but this was that for DC.

Astonishing Member

Zero Hour.

The event itself was meh. Hal Jordan going crazy and killing everyone never sat right with me. The #0 issues though were stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Zero Hour.

The event itself was meh. Hal Jordan going crazy and killing everyone never sat right with me. The #0 issues though were stellar.
    i love dan jurgens, but that plot i really hated.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i love dan jurgens, but that plot i really hated.
    I will say, I did like Final Night as the actual farewell to Hal Jordan and moving into Kyle's era fully. Not that it lasted that long, but still.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Zero Hour for me too in the case of line-wide crossover events. The art is and was some of Jurgens' best (Ordway was a good fit for him) but I am afraid to revisit the story. I loved it at the time but I was way less discerning then. I'm pretty sure many of the tie-in issues were top notch though. Some of the best event tie-ins ever, in fact.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Blackest Night, that story has a lot of problems, but i loved it when it came out and i still enjoy in spite of having many of the same problems that a lot of events had these days
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Think my first mini crossover was the night of the owls in new 52 while my first real event was either trinity war or foreve evil (whichever came first)

Don’t really remember much about them to be honest but they did do a decent enough job at introducing me to a bunch of characters so I guess that’s a win. I haven’t read them in years so I have no idea how they hold up.

I had just gotten into reading comics and DCs titles were peppered with little teases of Lyla and the Monitor leading up to the BIG event. My first and it's never been surpassed. You always remember your FIRST!