View Poll Results: Best action sequence in a DC/superhero film goes to..

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman

7 31.82%
  • Batman

5 22.73%
  • Wonder Woman

5 22.73%
  • Aquaman

5 22.73%
  • Justice League

0 0%
  • Suicide Squad

0 0%

Default The DC live action superhero film with the best action sequences is...

What is in your opinion the DC live action superhero film with the best action sequence/s?

For me it's probably Aquaman and Man of Steel. Hard to decide but those 2 films had some impressive action sequences like the Smallville fight, First Flight, Superman VS Zod.

And Aquaman had the best third act ever with that impressive and massive underwater battle and Mera imploding those wine bottles.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-20-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I actually think BvS had some of the best ones. Batman kicking ass in the warehouse was great, the Batman vs. Superman fight had some great moments, and the Doomsday fight, while a bit CGI-heavy, had its own feel; I really felt like these were divine beings doing battle, especially when Batman just looks on helplessly. Superman taking Doomsday into space was also thrilling to watch for me.

Aquaman's third act felt muddy and overwhelming to me, I couldn't figure out what was going on sometimes and it felt too over the top, especially when I felt the story/script hadn't earned that kind of epic finale.

MOS fights were great but there was a lot of grabbing each other and flying long distances into stuff which isn't my favorite style of fight choreography. Zod was epic but the urban destruction was gratuitious as many often say.

Wonder Woman was either one-sided ass-kicking from her (which was still cool) and the Ares fight which was good but not great. (The Amazon fight was alright.)

Justice League wasn't bad. The Superman fight was cool and the Steppenwolf fight was decent, the final blow being especially cool, but they could have been done better.

SS not worth mentioning.

The old Batmans don't hold up as well with regards to fight choreography. Not a huge fan of Nolan's Batman fighting style either.
    Last edited by Lightning Rider; 02-20-2019 at 09:27 AM.

I personally like the Dark Knight's Intro Fight with the Scarecrow, the Dog and the Guys dressed as Batman the Best
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

i think i enjoyed the man of steel fight with faora the most.... funny, a big part of the action scenes was probably the soundtrack by hans zimmer...

For me it'd have to be the warehouse fight scene with Batman in BvS, no contest. That was easily one of my favorite fight scenes ever!

Second place would probably be Wonder Woman though, the No Man's Land scene where she takes back that village.

Well I voted for Aquaman's third act. It was that good. Something about it is pure joy and epicness on a whole new level.

Another action scene that I adore is the plane rescue in Superman Returns. The whole sequence was epic on more than one way and very creative and yes joyful.

The Superman/Batman fight in BvS is also a fave because it's very emotional and raw. And let's remember that Batman only had a chance because Superman never wanted to kill him in the first place. "If I wanted, you'd be dead already."

Wonder Woman's No Man's Land is also epic and visually stunning.

The warehouse fight in BvS is also great and Batman's best in live action. What I liked about it was that he was fighting to save a mom like the one he couldn't save when little.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-21-2019 at 10:08 AM.

To me it's a toss up between Batman v Superman and Man of Steel, so I guess I'll vote for Superman. Aquaman is a lot of fun but while I think it's probably got the best action aside from those two, I also often feel like it doesn't have as much impact.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

what about Superman 4 w/ Supes fighting Nuclear Man on the moon...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    what about Superman 4 w/ Supes fighting Nuclear Man on the moon...
    Yeeeeaaaahhhh... no.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

I thought the fight between Steppenwolf and the Amazons was pretty good, even though it was completely one-sided.

Astonishing Member

It's a joy to see Superman unleash his heat vision. Really enjoyed his f8ght with Doomsday.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

The Superman vs. Ursa, then Non, then the World Engine, then Zod extended fight is exhausting, but is unparallelled in terms of superhero action visuals anywhere.

Batman vs. the Wharehouse of Thugs is the very best action depiction of Batman. Period.

Wonder Woman's No Man's Land is an all-time classic.

The final war in Aquaman is the most bat$#!+ crazy stuff ever put to CGI on the big screen.

No Man's Land is a classic, but it's not really an action scene at all. I read it more as a drama scene taking the place of an action scene.

But as pure action, having 15–20 actual horses charging down the beach is hard to beat. The physicality and the ease of following the action in the beach battle on Themyscira is up there with Mad Max: Fury Road (for all that the German tactics sucked, but then they were sailors and not trained infantrymen).
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Retired

AQUAMAN has a number of fight sequences and each is filmed differently and set up in a new creative way. But my favourite was the one in Sicily where they have two different fights running at the same time and fluidly switch from one to the other--I never get tired of watching it. And unlike a lot of other fights--especially in all the Batman movies--it's done in broad daylight with vibrant colours and you can track exactly where everyone is in the scene at all times. Most comic book movies, I just turn off my brain for five minutes because it's a bunch of dimly lit figures in quick edits, with no sense of the movie space.

What I liked about the action in Aquaman, is that there was variety. For instance, the first fight in the sub with Manta felt very gritty. I could feel every hit. There was also the big battle in the third act Star Wars/LotR style. The Trench sequence. That was truly spectacular visually and scary. And the final Aquaman/Ocean Master fight was so cool. Everything looked beautiful. And there is more. Sorry but Aquaman's action scenes get my vote.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 02-22-2019 at 09:54 AM.