Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 34 of 34
  1. #31

    Default

    so is this getting any coverage in the mainstream, non-comics-culture press?

  2. #32
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this getting any coverage in the mainstream, non-comics-culture press?
    Doesn't look like it. To be fair, it seems like just another horror dtv in a vast sea of horror dtvs, so makes sense only us pop culture, franchise, film obsessed types would notice and care largely. Again, how many direct to video horror b movies are there in a single year most of us never hear of? And it's not like the Banana Splits are exactly current, this bit of controversy is probably the most attention they've had in decades. So yeah, not mainstream news worthy.

  3. #33
    the devil's reject choptop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Doesn't look like it. To be fair, it seems like just another horror dtv in a vast sea of horror dtvs, so makes sense only us pop culture, franchise, film obsessed types would notice and care largely. Again, how many direct to video horror b movies are there in a single year most of us never hear of? And it's not like the Banana Splits are exactly current, this bit of controversy is probably the most attention they've had in decades. So yeah, not mainstream news worthy.
    Ya half of the stuff at Redbox I've never heard of.

  4. #34
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya half of the stuff at Redbox I've never heard of.
    Considering how flooded that market is, and how fast turnover is for the next batch of no name horror DTV movies, I wonder how the heck they make profit, even with how super cheap they are to make. Do those DVDs sell? Do people actually stream that stuff? Even us horror fans have standards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •