Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so is this getting any coverage in the mainstream, non-comics-culture press?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this getting any coverage in the mainstream, non-comics-culture press?
    Doesn't look like it. To be fair, it seems like just another horror dtv in a vast sea of horror dtvs, so makes sense only us pop culture, franchise, film obsessed types would notice and care largely. Again, how many direct to video horror b movies are there in a single year most of us never hear of? And it's not like the Banana Splits are exactly current, this bit of controversy is probably the most attention they've had in decades. So yeah, not mainstream news worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Doesn't look like it. To be fair, it seems like just another horror dtv in a vast sea of horror dtvs, so makes sense only us pop culture, franchise, film obsessed types would notice and care largely. Again, how many direct to video horror b movies are there in a single year most of us never hear of? And it's not like the Banana Splits are exactly current, this bit of controversy is probably the most attention they've had in decades. So yeah, not mainstream news worthy.
    Ya half of the stuff at Redbox I've never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Ya half of the stuff at Redbox I've never heard of.
    Considering how flooded that market is, and how fast turnover is for the next batch of no name horror DTV movies, I wonder how the heck they make profit, even with how super cheap they are to make. Do those DVDs sell? Do people actually stream that stuff? Even us horror fans have standards.