Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Overall, a good, but fast read.

Good build up so far, I like the team dynamics, and love the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It is because some X Men writers can't bother to try sticking with previous continuity, even stories they wrote themselves. It just makes old books pointless if you are not going to follow up on anything.
    I don’t understand the complaints by you two, he is following up on the Dead Souls mini. There is more to come, this story isn’t over.
    Everything is being referenced and this is a continuation, what’s the problem?

Incredible Member

I just read it, I thought it was pretty decent. Strong Guy is not finished yet, I don't think. I'm happy to see Wolverine and Cyclops working together again, it was good that it was Cyclops who got Havok out of there. Those New Mutants finally getting some exposure is going to be good, and I am quite looking forward to the next issue to see where it takes us. I'm happy with the art, the tone is quite dark and brooding, I think the page layouts are pretty good and make the feel of the book quite fast paced, that might be why I saw a comment earlier about it feeling short. All in all, I think this combine with the whole Age of X-Man thing means we're getting better quality story telling in the X-Men books than we've seen for some time.

I'm a reasonably happy punter.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked it. I'm loving Logan and Scott again working together without petty schism.

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I don’t understand the complaints by you two, he is following up on the Dead Souls mini. [There is more to come, this story isn’t over.
    Everything is being referenced and this is a continuation, what’s the problem?
    Fair enough, but I just hope it comes sooner. It isn't like I hated everything seeing more of the NM crew is always good, and them to somewhat forming was enjoyable.

Yeah ... I'm done with this series. That makes this the third flagship X-Men comic in a row that I've dropped.

Just gonna snatch this from the preview thread, which is mostly me wondering why none of this is naturally happening:

-Logan and Scott start to free the other two Sentinels that have Dani and Shan inside. They reveal that they (for some stupid reason) went to O.N.E. because they thought they would get help. No.......that is seriously the reason. They didn't get captured or anything, they willingly went. It's almost as if they didn't hear Tran say they were test subjects. Anyway, they got experimented on, so they all rush inside to get the rest of the prisoners

-Cyclops frees Rahne and Illyana, who have been freed from the TO virus (are you kidding???? rosenberg's precious pet character can't even get the only redeeming consequence of the whole mini?). Apparently, the explanation is that they are both shapeshifters and their bodies adapted to handle the infection. After they reunite, they know that one member is left: Havok, who is hooked up a bunch of cables and looks to be powering the place (Black Bolt IVX teas)

All of this depressing darkness is just happening to happen. Either this Callahan is a boring bad guy or we have to wait till the very last minute to get any real background on him, which after appearing in like two or three other titles, probably should’ve happened by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Just gonna snatch this from the preview thread, which is mostly me wondering why none of this is naturally happening:

-Logan and Scott start to free the other two Sentinels that have Dani and Shan inside. They reveal that they (for some stupid reason) went to O.N.E. because they thought they would get help. No.......that is seriously the reason. They didn't get captured or anything, they willingly went. It's almost as if they didn't hear Tran say they were test subjects. Anyway, they got experimented on, so they all rush inside to get the rest of the prisoners

-Cyclops frees Rahne and Illyana, who have been freed from the TO virus (are you kidding???? rosenberg's precious pet character can't even get the only redeeming consequence of the whole mini?). Apparently, the explanation is that they are both shapeshifters and their bodies adapted to handle the infection. After they reunite, they know that one member is left: Havok, who is hooked up a bunch of cables and looks to be powering the place (Black Bolt IVX teas)

All of this depressing darkness is just happening to happen. Either this Callahan is a boring bad guy or we have to wait till the very last minute to get any real background on him, which after appearing in like two or three other titles, probably should’ve happened by now.
    Rosenberg. If, I settled then maybe this would be a 6/10 issue. The Cyclops fan in me loved how Scott jumped to action with his classic team coordination tactics.

The X-Men fan in me hates everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Rosenberg. If, I settled then maybe this would be a 6/10 issue. The Cyclops fan in me loved how Scott jumped to action with his classic team coordination tactics.

The X-Men fan in me hates everything else.
    I’m maintaining that (aside from the unnecessary death of Ruth and Alani) if this arc had anybody else drawing, I’d probably be enjoying it 100x more.

It was alright. I like how quickly the "team" is coming together and I like the macabre ways they were being used, like Havok seemingly being a giant battery. I'm preferring AOXM over this at the min but that could change.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Astonishing Member

Ok we have a two weeks let's play who dies next. I'm guessing rictor and shaterstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Ok we have a two weeks let's play who dies next. I'm guessing rictor and shaterstar.
    green girl

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It was alright. I like how quickly the "team" is coming together and I like the macabre ways they were being used, like Havok seemingly being a giant battery. I'm preferring AOXM over this at the min but that could change.
    I thought it was so convenient how most of the team just happens to be in the same place but it makes sense given the bulk of them were together in NMS.

Or swerve no one dies next time.

I was going to say that no one would be so clumsy to add a "bury your gays" in the third issue after the controversy of 11 but being Rosenberg, perfectly possible.

Double post
    Last edited by ColossusFan; 02-20-2019 at 10:44 AM.