Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Uncanny X-men #12 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Highlights

Wolverine plucks bullets out of Scott's back while Scott laments about being the cause of the end of the X-men. Logan tells him that not everyone is gone and he has a plan

We then see Logan approach ONE and in the next scene drives up in a truck dressed as them. Its a trojan horse as the soldiers at the facility realize its a trick as soon as the guy Logan is driving with tells them. They shoot the truck and Scott blasts back. They defeat the men and are approached by a gold sentinel with the TO-Virus. Logan realizes the sentinel is bleeding and they open it up to find Guido. Dani and Karma are in another sentinel. Apparently ONE approached them after they got infected with the transmode virus. The NM thought htye were there to help but they experimented and weaponized them

They go to the prisons where they see a green skinned little girl, Multilpe Man, Magik, and Wolfsbane. Apparently since the latter are shapeshifters, they were able to shake off the virus. Havok is attached to an apparatus above them and Scott gets him down. Logan finds other mutants but they get into a fight with more soldiers. The Jamies have a bomb inside them and explode. Guido was able to absorb the blasts and dies. Illyana wants to stay with him but Logan convinces her to save the rest of her teammates and they teleport out

Callahan is seen a the end and realizes the X-men are back

Last edited by Havok83; 02-20-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Dann. Guido's dead again? He was hardly back.

Unless this is another one. Lol

Tsk.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-20-2019 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Dann. Guido's dead again? He was hardly back.

Unless this is another one. Lol

Tsk.
    He wasn't close to the explosion. When you have a crowded team and want to get rid of one character.

I really not feeling Uncanny, hope that with Magik and friends the book gonna pick up some steam

Did anyone think that Rahne was Hope at first? Larocca is gonna have to do a better job at drawing her as the only way I knew it wasnt Hope was that Rosenberg didnt have her named like he did all the other characters

uxm12-rahne.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Did anyone think that Rahne was Hope at first? Larocca is gonna have to do a better job at drawing her as the only way I knew it wasnt Hope was that Rosenberg didnt have her named like he did all the other characters

uxm12-rahne.JPG
    I thought the exact same time too when i saw it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Rosenberg is dropping the ball...a lot. After issue #11 I was already close to not even giving issue #12 a try, wish I hadn't. We get a very mediocre prison break, a shock death just because, the transmode virus is back but Warlocks consciousness runs it now (? not sure since it is never even hinted at being made sense right now)...the state of the X-Men franchise is actually worse than it was...

That’s...an odd expression for Rahne to make in that panel.

Anyway glad I’m spending my money on the superior AoXM titles even though Magik and Dani are among my favorite characters.

BANNED

The Book was ok. The Break Out was pretty lame though, but for the most part it was fine.

BANNED

I really liked this issue. The art was great and story was interesting.

When did Magik become 'shape-shifter' to get rid of the virus? Her powers are teleportation and Magik sword.

Glad to see the New Mutants again!

RIP, Guido.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 02-20-2019 at 07:25 AM.

It's still too edgy for me. The death of Strong Guy does not contribute anything and Callahan remains a totally interchangeable villain with any "generic racist military".

I'd say it's better than the previous number but it was not difficult. And yes, I also thought that Rahne was Hope. In fact, I was thinking, "What is she doing hugging Logan?"

This issue was pretty by the book. Nothing of note to be honest though I love Cyclops and Logan running the show.
    Hate to agree with Larrocca but I don't think the coloring is a good fit for his pencils.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Cyclops and Wolverine kicking ass is always enjoyable. Mutants being kidnapped, experimented on and used as weapons is a recurring plot in X-men comics at this point so nothing was particularly unexpected. They even killed off a Maddrox dupe which is to be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

When did Magik become 'shape-shifter' to get rid of the virus? Her powers are teleportation and Magik sword.

RIP, guido.
    must be referring to her Darkchild aspect. The times she has goat legs and horns count as her being a shape shifter i guess??? Rosenberg not understanding a character on full display again....gd Rosenberg...I enjoyed your Astonishing X-Men run but this...ugh...

It was ok, Guido's death was unnecessary, but we know that's the only way that Marvel knows how to raise the stakes these days, so whatever.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

By the way, am I the only one who finds it funny that two numbers ago were with the narrative of "Cyclops was wrong" and now we have him attacking a US military base?