Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Cute issue.

A few thoughts:

1. Is Rosenberg an actual psychic? I can't for the life of me figure out if he got folks at Marvel to get over their "Noooo, there's nothing homoerotic about Scott and Logan's 'rivalry'" or is Marvel just trolling the guy and planning to Bendis the crap out of his future work?

2. LMAO at Dani and Shan's contribution.

3. LMAO at folks totally being non-plussed at two dead dudes busting them out of jail.

4. Real subtle with the "I should've died" bit, lol. Havok's totally going to die to protect Big Bro, isn't he?

5. Only major gripe was the Havok & Magik melodramatic sequences. I get it, Rosenberg wanted his faves to have "meaningful" panel time, but this kinda felt off, given the pacing of the issue. Oh well.
    I hope marvel doesn’t Bendis it. Those two are like the Titus Pullo and Lucious Vorenus of marvel kind of. It’s been way too long since they worked together. It was one of my favorite things when I got into Xmen comics the first time. Then scism happened and it was more or less down hill from there for this Cyclops fan. Lol
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

I actually loved this issue. It may not be perfect, but it sets up for a good run. I am happy I've picked this, it might be the only x-book I will be reading. I am not into the Age of xman shenanigans...
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

Agree with the above. This feels like the X-men again to me. Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Storyline seems very boring
    i'm interested to see where things go. it's only been two issues, but i like the tone. i just like mutants helping and rescuing other mutants

Spectacular Member

I liked the issue. I think this storyline is going to be very dark and I won’t be surprised if not one but more x-men or familiar mutants and up dead. Positivity will come back once the rest of the x-men come back from Nate’s world. Which I think is finally a welcome change in comparison to all the other “dark mutant life ending “ storylines in the past. Because up until now I always felt that the x-men became stronger and bigger in number every time a big mutant ending event happened. It’s time that the x-men themselves feel the brunt of whatever it is that is culling mutAnts
    Last edited by Dev; 02-23-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Amazing Member

I liked the action but by the time they got to Havok, I was skimming through it.

The dialogue was a huge disappointment. We finally see these two interacting again after everything that's happened and the best he can come up with is having Scott doubt his leadership and Wolverine acting nonchalant about everything. Wolverine saying he's not Scott's biggest "cheerleader" was weird. He's never really had a problem with how Scott leads. They've had their differences like Schism but they've always respected each other. And that "fearless leader" line was so cringe. Weren't they like drinking beers together the last time they saw each other? and then you got everyone acting like Scott and Logan never died.

C'mon Rosie, you're better than this. Pick it up!

uxm12top3.jpg Top 3 pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i'm interested to see where things go. it's only been two issues, but i like the tone. i just like mutants helping and rescuing other mutants
    I agree, it's a great place to start, and I like the building blocks for the new team.