Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    On the other hand I'm annoyed Kitty and the X-men let Havok be arrested and we know very well what would happen to him the same as happens to all the mutants arrested by the military. Sometimes I really get pissed as the X-men abandon their comrades in difficult times usually returns to haunt them .

No X-men should be left behind and it's time to correct that attitude and stop hiding skeletons in the closet cheering for they be forgotten over time.
    This is Rosenberg's lack of understanding of the franchise and the characters. His writing and handling of the characters is asking for A LOT of faith in his abilities, but if you read Dead Souls and these 2 issues then there is no way you would give it to him. He is basically writing the X-Men in the Outback by Claremont, except he does not have the years of goodwill and world building that Claremont had put into the franchise before blowing everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    I really liked this issue. The art was great and story was interesting.

When did Magik become 'shape-shifter' to get rid of the virus? Her powers are teleportation and Magik sword.

Glad to see the New Mutants again!

RIP, Guido.
    Since Claremont's run. She's able to shapeshift into a demonic version of herself, not to mention parts of her body with Eldrith armor. Notice she said "shapeshifter of a kind" acknowledging that the term was used loosely

Huh the art could be better, I kind of like these small missions tbh but I hope it picks up a bit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    I agree with you. The past 2 issues have been better. Disassembled was very dissapointing.
    I agree with you two. However, this issue was more cohesive than the last.

Disassembled was too overdrawn and messy.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 02-20-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Sounds like Rosenberg decided whatever he was going to do with the New Mutants and the TO virus was not going to work with bringing them in here and tried to be cute with undoing a couple of the infections. Otherwise, an Annual and two issues in, this story is all over the place and has not shown any sign of where it wants to go.

My impression was also that Guido will be revived/used by ONE as well.
    It really feel like he had to adapt the final of dead souls mini to Uncanny. Shan clearly says that they were going to be experimented by Callahan.
    No way they would go without back up

Hope Guido gonna get back, his dead was awful.

What was Rosenberg thinking when he wrote Kitty abandoning Alex on goverment hands

BANNED

Who is this green-skinned little girl? A female version of eye-boy?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    =
    On the other hand I'm annoyed Kitty and the X-men let Havok be arrested and we know very well what would happen to him the same as happens to all the mutants arrested by the military. Sometimes I really get pissed as the X-men abandon their comrades in difficult times usually returns to haunt them .

No X-men should be left behind and it's time to correct that attitude and stop hiding skeletons in the closet cheering for they be forgotten over time.
    It's the status quo now. Leave people behind and as soon as you do forget they existed.

But the sad thing is what I bolded isn't really true. I would say very rarely do they have to deal with the repercussions of leaving a teammate behind in the hands of the enemy. They didn't care that Alex was taken (granted he surrendered but to your point we all know the military never has good intentions in comics), they didn't care that Guido is likely dead, they weren't too caring when the NM in Dissassembled disappeared, they didn't care when nearly all of the original NM disappeared, and they don't care that Rachel is gone. And likely MOST of them will come back in some way shape or form and it will never be acknowledged they were abandoned without a care. It will be all "YAY you're back" and not "Yay I'm back because I was discovered being used as a guinea pig and not because you actually came looking for me. You are the best friends and family ever."

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Who is this green-skinned little girl? A female version of eye-boy?
    a new character. She's probably gonna die in the next issue

Answered something that was already answered. Sorry.
    Last edited by Shortpack!; 02-20-2019 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Whoops! Redundant! Sorry...

Fantastic Member

I'm actually digging all this. It's giving me tiny flashbacks to the Outback era for some reason.

I have some concerns about the art though. Rahne doesnt look too Rahne-y and those Madri looked like mall shoe salesmen. When its good, it's great, but when it's not, it looks incredibly inconsistent.

Not super happy about watching one of my low-key favorites get killed for the umpteenth time. I sincerely hope he makes it somehow. Otherwise, why bother with the stuff between him and Rahne in Dead Souls?

Quote Originally Posted by JaffyJayne View Post
    I think Rosenberg did a great job on Dead Souls, Astonishing and this new Uncanny plot and I’m quite excited for where the franchise is heading.
    It all feels so cohesive and like one big story which is what the books have been missing.
    Agreed.

It's the first time since Second Comming we are reading a X-Men comic that really matter.

Not a generic supergroup history that could be in a Avengers book.

I just think Larroca art wasn't so good in this second issue.

Logan we all know that you been inlove with Scott but to say cute....
    It was a okay issue.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    a new character. She's probably gonna die in the next issue
    Nah, man. She's Logan's new ward/daughter.

"Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Nah, man. She's Logan's new ward/daughter.

He can't even deal with the ones he has already, how's he going to deal with a new one

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    See Rosenbergs New Mutants Dead Souls...that mini-series was a warning about the crap we would be getting from Rosenberg apparently...he killed Warlock my having a new mutant "kill" him i guess which then caused Warlock to mutate into a viral strain of the transmode virus???? He even had the kid who killed Warlock get "infected" and then blow up...i am not kidding. Dead Souls really was just horrible...Rosenberg was all over the place with story and characterizations, odds are he was given the short run on Astonishing X-Men as a last chance to prove he could handle an X-Men team book. His short run there was great, BUT it only succeeded because of the tone Rosenberg took right off the bat and the classic characters (all ones down on their luck at the time) he worked to try and rehab...........I have a very hard time believing the same person wrote that Astonishing run that wrote the horrible New Mutants Dead Souls and the 2 issues of pure unoriginal bs we have gotten so far.
    It is because some X Men writers can't bother to try sticking with previous continuity, even stories they wrote themselves. It just makes old books pointless if you are not going to follow up on anything.