Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Shouldn't there have been a bagged cover for this with the secret history of the Age of X-Man?
    Yes, I tried findin' it earlier, but to no avail. I will try again tho, 'cause I'm real curious about what it could be, also.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 02-21-2019 at 09:00 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Theater People
    it's theater, people

thee at or

“Actors in any capacity, artists of any stripe, are inspired by their curiosity, by their desire to explore all quarters of life, in light and in dark, and reflect what they find in their work. Artists instinctively want to reflect humanity, their own and each other's, in all its intermittent virtue and vitality, frailty and fallibility.”
    ― Tom Hiddleston

*remarkably poor quality print edition, shoddy cut, staples aslant - a shame really, the real thing being so hastily wrought
    and these modern bags with those easily split seams.
    Agree. Was a really poor print edition. Same with Uncanny #12.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post

The first one with the X-Men falling by Stryfe's hand was really interesting. The second with the O5 (albeit with X-Man instead of Beast) fighting Magneto was informative. This doesn't really tell us anything. It's hardly even worth the 'secret'

BANNED

The first one with the X-Men falling by Stryfe's hand was really interesting. The second with the O5 (albeit with X-Man instead of Beast) fighting Magneto was informative. This doesn't really tell us anything. It's hardly even worth the 'secret'
    I agree, don't think it could've been more disappointing. It just seems... silly, and superfluous.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

I liked it! Not as good as NextGen or Marvelous imo, but still very fun and enjoyable. McGuire really got Nightcrawler, imo. It was interesting that any kind of love was discouraged, even familial.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

As far as Nightcrawler is concerned, I thought his characterization was much better than in Marvelous. Mc Guire has Kurt's characterization spot on, but I do agree that the normally Kurt would have called out the mistreatment of the Cuckoos.

I thought it was fun read, especially as one who was a huge Excalibur fan. I have always wished the romance of Kurt and Meggan had gone further. I will admit though, that this was not as satisfying because the build up was so fast. The potential consequences could be devastating. If they remember what what happened when things go back to normal, Kurt is going to hate himself.

Human nature = comfort > discomfort. Very WASPish, avoiding unsettling conflict in any way. The 'let's-just-pretend-it doesn't-eXist' way of dealing with things. If we don't acknowledge and/or address unresolved problems, maybe they'll just go away, on their own. After undoubtedly being eXposed to so much misery, Kurt probably just wants everybody to get along.
    I don't quite agree with that for Kurt's motivation. He's very aware of masks and illusions, and waxes on about the importance of movies - they're magic, dreams come true, reality dressed to best advantage. And he's also one of Nate's X-Men - in the public eye, one of the true believers of the new dream. I see this less as Kurt being so uncomfortable with bigotry that he sweeps it under the rug, and more his consciously choosing to prioritize maintaining an illusion over the reality that the ugliness of the world is still alive and well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    ... The potential consequences could be devastating. If they remember what what happened when things go back to normal, Kurt is going to hate himself.
    OMG, just had a thought. What if Kurt proves to be eXceptionally potent, and gets Meggan pregnant also, and she returns to the 616 that way... eXpectant again, but with NIGHTCRAWLER's child this time?! AWKWARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't quite agree with that for Kurt's motivation. He's very aware of masks and illusions, and waxes on about the importance of movies - they're magic, dreams come true, reality dressed to best advantage. And he's also one of Nate's X-Men - in the public eye, one of the true believers of the new dream. I see this less as Kurt being so uncomfortable with bigotry that he sweeps it under the rug, and more his consciously choosing to prioritize maintaining an illusion over the reality that the ugliness of the world is still alive and well.
    I don't feel there's much difference there, TBH, it's ultimately still wrongs being ignored basically. And it's less about the instance of bigotry, per se, and more just about the unease of any conflict in general. That was my point. He's also striking me more & more as one of the least loyal of Nate's Marvelous subjects, which is probably why he was paired with X-23 in its 1st ish, and phoned by Jean in this one of his own series.

someone has the second one, I don't think I saw it

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I was so pleased and relieved with this issue! The art and writing were truly spectacular! The best Nightcrawler in years. And no phonetics! Bless you, Seanan McGuire!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really liked this book. Better than Kurt's actual solo from a few years ago
    Much agreed. This is definitely closer to what I want in a solo for Kurt. Claremont's was pretty archaic but he had better plans that were rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Brian is gonna be pissed. Lol. Again they had forgotten but all signs point to they will remember when the universe ends!
    He may understand it was an alternate reality and he doesn't seem to exist here. Besides, sex doesn't always mean love. Hopefully logic will prevail.

Human nature = comfort > discomfort. Very WASPish, avoiding unsettling conflict in any way. The 'let's-just-pretend-it doesn't-eXist' way of dealing with things. If we don't acknowledge and/or address unresolved problems, maybe they'll just go away, on their own. After undoubtedly being eXposed to so much misery, Kurt probably just wants everybody to get along.
    That was the impression I got. And the we couldn't have done it without them seems to be Kurt's passive way of telling them to chill out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Definitely the weakest of the AoX bunch so far. Not that it was bad, just dull.
    Really? I saw a few people saying this but I felt Alpha and Marvelous was the weakest link and my instincts were correct in my own taste. In my opinion, Amazing and Next Gen hit it out of the ball park. I thought the dialogue was quite awful and stilted and the story was bland for the books that are supposed to drive the series. I felt Kurt and Jean especially looked and sounded poor - like teenagers.

The quote button doesn't seem to want to work in this old stand by I'm on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    someone has the second one, I don't think I saw it
    There was a better pic posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find it readily.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I love how the artist has got this Magma's look back, from an old TNM issue by Leialoha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I love how the artist has got this Magma's look back, from an old TNM issue by Leialoha.

Ah, yes! That was nice! Like old home week.

Just noticed this but is the Munich circus going to be the new canon circus Kurt grew up in instead of Der Jahkmart? Is this a movie related revamp? I would get kind of annoyed when reading comic specific fanfiction and them calling him The Incredible Nightcrawler from the Munich circus... its a small thing I guess though the other thing drives me crazy. Maybe its not their fault, though, since current comics don't seem to get these things right. Hello, Editor?