Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Just noticed this but is the Munich circus going to be the new canon circus Kurt grew up in instead of Der Jahkmart? Is this a movie related revamp? I would get kind of annoyed when reading comic specific fanfiction and them calling him The Incredible Nightcrawler from the Munich circus... its a small thing I guess though the other thing drives me crazy. Maybe its not their fault, though, since current comics don't seem to get these things right. Hello, Editor?
    It's kind of annoying, yes. When I was living in Schlieswig Holstein, der Jahrmarkt was a very generic title, though, for the yearly traveling fair.

Maybe they're just trying to make it more specific.
    Last edited by Sundown; 02-24-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    It's kind of annoying, yes. When I was living in Schlieswig Holstein, der Jahrmarkt was a very generic title, though, for the yearly traveling fair.

Maybe they're just trying to make it more specific.
    Ah... I was wondering if it was something like that! I know early Marvel wasn't it's best with German culture and language. Now that's when I don't mind these things! When they are improved upon!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    When I was living in Schlieswig Holstein, der Jahrmarkt was a very generic title, though, for the yearly traveling fair.
    This ^

'Jahrmarkt' is just a name for 'funfair'. Winzeldorf, though, seems to be very far from Munich, but given that these gypsy carny caravans are travelling ones...

BANNED

Very good start, despite not moving the plot that much along, it was a nice read. I love the whole feeling of "X-Men on the Golden Age" when the plot deviates from the main AoXM theme. Kurt's voice feels just right in this. It's just such a damn shame that such a concept is wasted on an AU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    ... It's just such a damn shame that such a concept is wasted on an AU.
    We just have to keep hoping that they adhere to their promise that it's all gonna mean something, and that there are ramifications, that are gonna carry-over.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Very good start, despite not moving the plot that much along, it was a nice read. I love the whole feeling of "X-Men on the Golden Age" when the plot deviates from the main AoXM theme. Kurt's voice feels just right in this. It's just such a damn shame that such a concept is wasted on an AU.
    I'm hoping that one of the after-affects of AoXM is that it gives those involved a new POV on just what they want out of the dream of mutant/human co-existence. Does seeing the amount of suppression is takes to achieve mean some X-Men finally just give up on it? Does piercing the veil of Nate's lies re-invigorate others? Does Kurt, for example, take a look at his life back in the real world, and see too many similarities to the masks he was wearing in Nate's utopia and take a new path?

Fingers crossed. Because there's so much good character work throughout this event that it would be, as you say, a shame to waste it.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This ^

'Jahrmarkt' is just a name for 'funfair'. Winzeldorf, though, seems to be very far from Munich, but given that these gypsy carny caravans are travelling ones...
    Yeah... the distance between the Bavarian Alps and Munich. Ah, well... ; )