View Poll Results: Is it more likely that Jon will stay aged up or become younger again?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • I predict that Jon will stay this way

20 45.45%
  • I predict that Jon will revert back to his Rebirth age

24 54.55%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thing is I'm not banking on it having much effect one way or another on Superman's sales. And since that's the title(s) this will be taking place in, I'm not anticipating them to have any tangible data to look at and say looks like we have to change course. Even if it turns out the majority dislike the change for him, I don't see it being reflected in a mean that DC would notice.
    That would have been true. It wouldn't have mattered. if Jon was supposed to be throw away character or a side character who is confined to just the supertitles. But, if DC wants Jon to be part of any team books or be a draw to those titles. Then older version need to be as popular or more. So far i don't think Jon is meant to be either of those for DC, as i mentioned above. Otherwise DC would have just erased him Bendis's sake. They didn't. Bendis himself also didn't seem to mind the Character. He just decided to use him for Stakes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-20-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Incredible Member

I sure hope he'll be deaged. And given that according to Bendis this is all his idea and isn't part of editorial agenda to get Lois and Clark "practically unmarried and childless" I think there's a good chance of getting this undone. While it's true the longer he's like this it might be harder to reverse there are other factors to keep in mind. First is that Bendis's sales aren't better than the rebirth era's. Also general reaction on most boards and social media seems to be negative so far. Right now I feel good cause to be optimistic in getting this rollbacked sooner or later, hopefully on the sooner side. Almost certainly won't happen for another year though.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

As long as there is even a slim chance that Bendis can use Jon in a new Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes book there is no way he is getting de-aged anytime soon. I am still pretty convinced that was one of the main reason he aged him up to begin with.

Counting the time he spent dead, how long did it take for Bart Allen to get de-aged when this happened to him?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I mean, I don't think any of us can say definitively if a change in the comics will stay that way forever, but at least till 2020 I think Jon will be a teenager.

If he does somehow revert, it will be at the end of Bendis's story arc for Jon, it just doesn't make sense for Bendis to hype up Jon meeting up everyone in the DCU as a teen and how fun their interactions will be only for him to revert it quickly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Counting the time he spent dead, how long did it take for Bart Allen to get de-aged when this happened to him?
    He got aged up during Infinite Crisis in 2005, and got brought back during Final Crisis: Legion of three worlds which was 2008, so about three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    As long as there is even a slim chance that Bendis can use Jon in a new Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes book there is no way he is getting de-aged anytime soon. I am still pretty convinced that was one of the main reason he aged him up to begin with.
    I definitely see that as a possibility which is why I'm planning to boycott the Legion if it has a aged up Jon Kent. I believe it's fully possible for this age up to get undone.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think he's gonna be 17 for the foreseeable future, but we're going to get plenty of flashback stories of him as a kid. I mean, there are now 17 years of flashback stories available for creators to fill in. That's a great opportunity.

It will probably get undone after Bendis finishes his run. Might take a while but I’m pretty confident he will revert to being a kid. The interesting bit is how.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Lmao I forgot about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think he's gonna be 17 for the foreseeable future, but we're going to get plenty of flashback stories of him as a kid. I mean, there are now 17 years of flashback stories available for creators to fill in. That's a great opportunity.
    Seven years. Which could have been seen without aging him up off-panel.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Seven years. Which could have been seen without aging him up off-panel.
    Nope, 17 years. Jon's history is nothing but time jumps. He was born in Convergence, then they jumped ahead to him being a 10 year old, Superman Reborn retconned him into the DCU, then Bendis jumped ahead to him being 17.

The vast majority of his life hasn't been recounted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Nope, 17 years. Jon's history is nothing but time jumps. He was born in Convergence, then they jumped ahead to him being a 10 year old, Superman Reborn retconned him into the DCU, then Bendis jumped ahead to him being 17.

The vast majority of his life hasn't been recounted yet.
    This fact is oddly glossed over consistently. This is the second time this has been done with this young character, not the first.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

i enjoyed the tomasi run and the younger version of jon, whereas we've only gotten two issues of bendis' teenage jon so i haven't really been able to form an opinion on the change yet. i don't have any particular issue with aging him up if the stories are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This fact is oddly glossed over consistently. This is the second time this has been done with this young character, not the first.
    It glossed over because baby jon and toddler jon weren't status quos. Kid jon was a new status quo. Here the status quo is being shifted to new one. And fans of the character is not getting much out of it.i atleast thought we would get a badass vetren jon. Even that ain't happening.

True, I get there's a difference in regards to how this affects Jon himself. I'm just saying that more years have been lost from the kid's life than just 7. His fans obviously don't have an attachment to that first ten, but he's certainly a character who's built on losing chunks of his life from the reader at this point.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-21-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Says who? I loved toddler and baby jon. He was a cute baby. And lois as mother was also great. Usually, character stay a particular age for years(decades) get aged up with different plot devices like time skip, sliding time scale .. Etc. They always revert back(if character has solidified as mainstay ) via reboots and other nonsense . So, i expected the status quo to only change regarding his life. Not his age.
    This version of superman himself has years missing of from his life. We only got a bullet point origin.so he is in the same boat as Jon. Does that mean bendis should just make a 80 year old Clark kent whom's back gives out on him?
    Scratch that! I want to see 80 year old superman. They should do it.