Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    To be fair, Brie did have a number of interviews she did where she seemed really...let’s just say “off”. One such interview was the Vanity Fair “Google search” one she did, which had even me go “WTF” after watching it.

This, of course, added fuel for people to go overboard on the subject.

I watched an interesting video on YouTube that did it’s best to objectively analyze these interviews (by looking at body language and tone of voice, etc.) and compared to other interviews she’s done in the past, where she didn’t seem as “off”; it was rather interesting.
    Yeah, I found people loved taking her interviews out of context to justify being jerks.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, I found people loved taking her interviews out of context to justify being jerks.
    This doesn’t really contradict anything I said, so I’m confused if you agree or disagree?

This doesn’t really contradict anything I said, so I’m confused if you agree or disagree?
    Maybe the fact that she's being held to that level of scrutiny and targeted for such nitpicking by internet trolls because her appearance - down to the micro-expression is found displeasing to said trolls says all there is to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe the fact that she's being held to that level of scrutiny and targeted for such nitpicking by internet trolls because her appearance - down to the micro-expression is found displeasing to said trolls says all there is to say about it.
    I don’t see how trolls on the internet doing that means Brie didn’t produce a cringe-worthy interview or two; or, rather, that people aren’t fairly allowed to have the opinion that she did.

I have no axe to grind against the woman. Before CM, I hadn’t experienced her acting since Scott Pilgrim. I didn’t find her stellar in the role, but I didn’t find that particular role stellar anyway. I watched the Vanity Fair “Google search” videos because I like them, not because I was seeking her out specifically. And I found CM was an alright (nothing special) addition to the MCU, with its short-comings not directly linked to Brie.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-29-2019 at 06:33 AM.

From what I saw, Larson never did or said anything beyond the pale, so I found the YouTubers trying to paint her as some nasty person to be disingenuous, at the very best.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    From what I saw, Larson never did or said anything beyond the pale, so I found the YouTubers trying to paint her as some nasty person to be disingenuous, at the very best.
    Again, we agree here.

Again, we agree here.
    Okay, then.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

There are ways that people “try to be funny” that can come as off-putting, though.
    They get asked dumb questions and sometimes get annoyed. When renner was asked about what superpower he wished Clint had. He said Narcolepsy so he can sleep through this interview. They get asked the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They get asked dumb questions and sometimes get annoyed. When renner was asked about what superpower he wished Clint had. He said Narcolepsy so he can sleep through this interview. They get asked the same thing over and over.
    And someone would be OK to think Renner was a bit off-putting for that, too.

Funny you mention Renner, though.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-30-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Thought Brie was fine as Carol, but the movie itself was so-so. Good cast that was unfortunately somewhat wasted. When they make a sequel i hope they don't try to set it in the past again.