Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man May 2019 Solicitations

VENOM #14
    CULLEN BUNN (W) • IBAN COELLO (A)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY MAXX LIM
    WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
    • Chaos reigns as Malekith’s campaign to take over the Nine Realms sweeps through Manhattan.
    • With desperate battles raging all around them to quell Malekith’s horde, Venom has teamed up with an unlikely group to try to stop Malekith…
    • …or die trying.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #3 (of 6)
    DENNIS “HOPELESS” HALLUM (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A)
    Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    Variant Cover by GANG HYUK LIM
    Sinister Six Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    PETER AND MJ — SECONDS FROM DEATH!
    • Daily Bugle rookie reporter MARY JANE investigates MISTER NEGATIVE’s tragic City Hall bombing and uncovers something far worse in the making!
    • But even armed with this knowledge, can she and SPIDER-MAN act quickly enough to disarm the DEVIL’S BREATH bomb before it destroys the city?
    • And find out how the secret origin of this toxic weapon changes what you thought you knew about our colorful cast of characters!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #6
    TOM TAYLOR (W) • Yildiray Cinar (A) • Cover by ANDREW C. ROBINSON
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY NEXON
    • The neighborhood, and the planet, is doomed. Spider-Man is powerless to stop the end of the world. Only Earth’s Newest and Mightiest Hero, Spider-Bite, can save the day.
    • Wait, WHAT?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SYMBIOTE SPIDER-MAN #2 (OF 5)
    PETER DAVID (W) • GREG LAND (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY JONGJU KIM
    • Set during the original ALIEN COSTUME SAGA — before Peter learned of the symbiote suit’s true nature — comes the second installment of this all-new tale from comic legends Peter David and Greg Land!
    • Mysterio, after swallowing another loss against Spider-Man, has sworn vengeance upon the web-slinger! Recruiting another villain to to enlisting the aid of an impressionable hollywood stuntman to take on Spider-Man, Mysterio is dead set on ending Web-Head once and for all!
    • However, the symbiote suit isn’t willing to give up its host without a fight…
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN: LIFE STORY #3 (of 6)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARK BAGLEY (A)
    Cover by CHIP ZDARSKY
    VARIANT COVER BY ACO
    THE REAL-TIME LIFE STORY OF SPIDER-MAN CONTINUES!
    It’s the 1980s and Peter’s life gets upended with wars both global and secret. And death stalks him at every turn. With a family and a world to protect, can he save everyone before it’s too late?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #6
    SALADIN AHMED (W)
    JAVIER GARRON (A)
    Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES
    VARIANT COVER BY YOON LEE
    • Who is STARLING?! …And is she single?
    • Er, we mean, is she going to help stop Tombstone, or is she about to make the .45-thousand-caliber war for Brooklyn even deadlier?
    • The last thing he needs is another complication at school. Good thing high school is, like, a very chill, logical place — oh wait.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SPIDER-GWEN: GHOST-SPIDER #8
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W)
    TAKESHI MIYAZAWA (A)
    Cover by BENGAL
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES
    VARIANT COVER BY NEXON
    • Making a dent in the criminal underworld has painted a target on Spider-Woman’s back — and with her secret identity revealed, Gwen Stacy will find the people she cares about most in the crosshairs!
    • But even if she can save her loved ones from the criminals of Earth-65, Gwen will still be a target herself!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #6
    CHRISTOS GAGE (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A) • Cover by TRAVIS CHAREST
    SUPER OTTO MAGIC CONTINUES!
    • Doctor Strange and Superior Spider-Man have to team up to save Otto’s new love from a horrific possession courtesy of Master Pandemonium.
    • But, as with EVERYTHING with Otto Octavius, this is not your typical team-up and will turn the whole “heroes fight, then heroes team up” trope on its head.
    • Don’t miss the latest installment of the most surprising comic on the stands!!!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL #50
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
    JIM TOWE & MATT HORAK (A)
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    THE BIGGEST CLIMAX OF THE BIGGEST MARVEL EVENT OF ALL TIME!
    • An epic 50th issue — guaranteed to blow your socks off! READ WITH EXTRA SOCKS!
    • Spider-Man and Deadpool fight the Manipulator for the fate of the entire Marvel Universe!
    • I HOPE THEY PULL IT OFF! I REALLY LIKE THIS UNIVERSE! I’M SO WORRIED!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #20.HU
    NICK SPENCER (W) • CORY SMITH (A) • Cover by GREG LAND ESSENTIAL “HUNTED” TIE-IN!
    • The Vulture is one of Spider-Man’s oldest villains and his oldest villain…
    • …but that doesn’t make him any less dangerous. Kraven’s biggest hunt has thrown everything upside down and there’s plenty of carrion for the Vulture.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #21
    NICK SPENCER (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    Connecting Variant Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY SUJIN JO
    THE CLIMACTIC CONCLUSION OF “HUNTED” IS HERE!
    • Spidey faces an impossible situation that will push him as far as he’s ever been pushed.
    • Who lives and who dies when the hunters become the prey?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #22
    NICK SPENCER (W) • RYAN OTTLEY (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEEJIN JEON
    HUNTED AFTERMATH!
    • The fallout from “HUNTED” continues to loom, and much of Peter’s life is called into question.
    • What is left of Spider-Man after living through the harrowing hunt?!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: SPIDER-MAN — KRAVEN’S LAST HUNT #1
    J.M. DEMATTEIS (W) • MIKE ZECK (A)
    Reprinting WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #31.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: WHAT IF? — SPIDER-GIRL #1
    TOM DEFALCO (W) • RON FRENZ (A)
    Reprinting WHAT IF? (1989) #105.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

IRONHEART #6
    EVE L. EWING (W) • KEVIN LIBRANDA (A)
    Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
    Miles Morales has gone missing! Who better to search for him than someone he’s never actually gotten along that well with?! Riri and Miles find themselves caught in an unexpected trap and will have to work together if they’re going to make it out in one piece.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

SHURI #8
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • RACHAEL STOTT (A)
    Cover by KIRBI FAGAN
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY HEEJIN JEON
    SHURI TAKES UP THE BLACK PANTHER MANTLE ONCE AGAIN!
    Nnedi Okorafor returns alongside rising star artist Rachael Stott with a brand-new arc! But this is a Black Panther you’ve never seen before — one who will change Wakanda forever. Something has stolen pieces of the Djalia, the plane of Wakandan memory, and it’s up to the Princess of Wakanda to save it. But for every piece of the Djalia lost, a piece of Shuri disappears as well. Will a new suit be enough to save herself and her nation?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

MARVEL RISING #3 (OF 5)
    NILAH MAGRUDER (W) • ROBERTO DI SALVO (A)
    Cover by AUDREY MOK
    THE HOME OF THE INHUMANS GETS A MEDIEVAL MAKEOVER!
    Morgan le Fay’s moving to New Jersey, and she’s just chosen the location for her castle: New Attilan! But the Inhumans aren’t planning to give up their home to a queen from another age. And with fellow Inhumans Ms. Marvel and Inferno nearby, they’re hoping they won’t have to. The Marvel Rising team joins forces with Iso, Reader, Mosaic and others to save New Attilan — and the whole of New Jersey — from one of the most powerful sorceresses in history!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Miles is gonna be in a lot of stuff come May.

https://www.newsarama.com/43995-marv...citations.html
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 02-20-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: CITY AT WAR #3 (of 6)
    DENNIS “HOPELESS” HALLUM (W) • MICHELE BANDINI (A)
    Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
    Variant Cover by GANG HYUK LIM
    Sinister Six Variant Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
    PETER AND MJ — SECONDS FROM DEATH!
    • Daily Bugle rookie reporter MARY JANE investigates MISTER NEGATIVE’s tragic City Hall bombing and uncovers something far worse in the making!
    • But even armed with this knowledge, can she and SPIDER-MAN act quickly enough to disarm the DEVIL’S BREATH bomb before it destroys the city?
    • And find out how the secret origin of this toxic weapon changes what you thought you knew about our colorful cast of characters!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99...
    LOL, after the success of the video game looks like Marvel could be trying to turn 616 MJ into her Insomniac counterpart.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That's not 616. It's actually the video game's universe.

That Shuri solicit is odd. No mention of Miles guesting even though he's on the cover?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-20-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's not 616. It's actually the video game's universe.
    Ah, well that makes more sense lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I think they probably got Shuri #6 and #8's covers the wrong way around, and Miles isn't in #8. The cover released for Shuri #6 looks like Black Panther armor forming over her face.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thoughts:

- "Only Earth’s Newest and Mightiest Hero, Spider-Bite, can save the day." So the new Honey Badger?

- Looks like the 80's issue of Life Story will cover Kraven's Last Hunt and maybe the death of Jean DeWolff?

- I wonder if Starling is going to replace Bombshell's role in the series...although she kind of sounds like a new Black Cat equivalent for Miles.

- I'm glad to see the Mcguire will be dealing with the logical conclusion of someone like Gwen with a public identity fighting crime and how that would inevitably impact her personal life and the people close to her.

- Sounds like SpOck is going to end up screwing Dr. Strange over.

Spencer is doing a Vulture one-shot and I owe him my life. This will truly be the greatest event of all time.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

ASM 21 & 22
    FNSM 6 - Solicit sounds silly, but it should be a fun issue.

Skipping the Venom tie - ins issues.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

First impressions of Spider-Bite:

1. He's a mini-clone of Peter like Johnny Stormtrooper in Amalgam Comics' Challengers of the Fantastic
    2. He's a spider that mutated into a mini human with spider-powers.
    3. He's an artificially shrunk human or human offshoot.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

More likely he's just a kid - there's already two mysterious kids involved in the storyline.

Missing one major solicit for books:

SPIDER-MAN BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS
    Collects Marvel Team-Up #53-55, 59-70, 75; Amazing Spider-Man #189-190, 206, Annual #13; Spectacular Spider-Man #58; Spider-Man: Chapter One #0-12; Amazing Spider-Man (v2) #1-18; Marvel Authentix: Amazing Spider-Man #1

While I'm not fond of Chapter One, I'm so stoked for this Omnibus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Missing one major solicit for books:

SPIDER-MAN BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS
    Collects Marvel Team-Up #53-55, 59-70, 75; Amazing Spider-Man #189-190, 206, Annual #13; Spectacular Spider-Man #58; Spider-Man: Chapter One #0-12; Amazing Spider-Man (v2) #1-18; Marvel Authentix: Amazing Spider-Man #1

While I'm not fond of Chapter One, I'm so stoked for this Omnibus!
    Chapter One is a guilty pleasure of mine. I remember reading it when I got into Spider-Man around the time of the Raimi movies. You know it came out just one year before USM. That's all it took for it to become obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Chapter One is a guilty pleasure of mine. I remember reading it when I got into Spider-Man around the time of the Raimi movies. You know it came out just one year before USM. That's all it took for it to become obsolete.
    And USM made that book look worse in comparison. But I'm still getting this omni lol

BANNED

Chapter One and Volume 2 of ASM, recollected? They still make collections out of these dreadful nightmares?

Definitely:
    ASM 20HU, 21, 22- Really looking forward to this Hunted event.
    Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man- Love this series!

Skipping Cullen Bun’s Venom tie-ins.
    Was looking forward to Spider-Man City At War but this sounds like a comic adaptation of the game, so no thanks.

Also, Spider-Man will be featured in War of The Realms Strike Force: Land of Giants and I will be pulling that.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!