Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    The continued publication of RUNAWAYS keeps me happily buying a Marvel book each month.
    Oh, and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY. I love those wacky McElroys.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-20-2019 at 12:15 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Totally picking
    Runaways
    Unstoppable Wasp
    Iron Heart
    Miles Morales
    Marvel Rising (yeah for more New Inhumans characters ^^)
    All the age of X minis.
    Champions
    Agents of Atlas
    Giant Men
    Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
    Captain Marvel
    Mr. and Mrs. X
    Spider-gwen
    Domino Hotshots

Maybe
    Journey into Mystery
    Fantastic Four
    Asgardians of the Galaxy
    Ms. Marvel
    Black Widow
    Marvel team-up
    War of the realms Uncanny X-men
    X-force
    Shuri
    Last edited by Johnrevenge; 02-20-2019 at 12:24 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE DARK ELF REALM #1

Its She-Hulk. Not Hulk. Hulk is someone else. Stop trying to make her a derivative of a character who is being written much interestingly at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hela and Thanos were bangin' until last year when he dumped her to collect rocks and died.
    I know, so why would she be trying to revive him unless it's as a zombie thrall ?
    Riri and Miles don't really have much a dynamic yet and she's the angst-machine of the kids, so she doesn't get along that well with anyone.
    I thought she was fairly sociable in-spite of her circumstances, at least from what I've read of her.

She's not Lunella levels of standoffish.
    Gurihiru's back for #8-10.
    Good to hear .

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE: THE DARK ELF REALM #1

Its She-Hulk. Not Hulk. Hulk is someone else. Stop trying to make her a derivative of a character who is being written much interestingly at this time.
    Hell She's not even the Only Hulk in the event, Weapon H is on the War Avengers with Winter Soldier, Deadpool, Captain Marvel and Co
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - "She's about to show Nuclear Man why they call her "Earth's Mightiest Hero'!" Has Carol ever been called that outside press material for her movie?
    Tony just called her that in Life of Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - "She's about to show Nuclear Man why they call her "Earth's Mightiest Hero'!" Has Carol ever been called that outside press material for her movie?

- "Miles Morales has gone missing! Who better to search for him than someone he's never actually gotten along that well with?" Um...since when did Miles and Riri not get along ?

- "Kamala will embark on her first big space adventure!" Outside Avengers books.
    Yeah, that's Kamala's third trip to space. The first two were the Nova focused arc of ANAD Avengers and the Infinity Countdown tie-in of Champions. Apparently Saladin Ahmed, or whoever wrote the solicit, only took into account Wilson's work, and not Waid's and Zub's.

Carol's first Captain Marvel run had Earth's Mightiest Hero written on the cover. It's probably a dig at Shazam, who is known as Earth's Mightiest Mortal.

Yeah, the only one Riri's shown any antagonism to is Viv, because she tried to kiss her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Also Are Emma and Mystique a thing now based off that Cover for Uncanny 18
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Expensive month for me. I'll be getting:
    Savage Avengers #1
    War of The Realms #3
    War of The Realms #4
    War of The Realms StrikeForce: The Dark Elf Realm #1
    War of The Realms: Punisher #2
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #12
    Avengers #19
    Marvel Tales: Iron Man
    Immortal Hulk #18 variant
    The Punisher #11
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-20-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I can't found West Coast Avengers, already cancelled?
    I've just tweeted Kelly Thompson about that.
    https://twitter.com/Digifiend84/stat...11456053960708
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Looks like a pretty good month overall!

My Pick-Ups:

- Age of X-Man: The Marvelous X-Men #4 (of 5)
    - Amazing Spider-Man #21-22, #20.HU
    - Champions #5
    - Daredevil #5-6
    - Ironheart #6
    - Tony Stark: Iron Man #12
    - Uncanny X-Men #17-18
    - X-23 #12

Maybe:
    - Age of X-Man: NextGen #4 (of 5)
    - Age of X-Man: X-Tremists #4 (of 5)
    - Savage Avengers #1
    - X-Force #7-8
    Last edited by DamianWayne1; 02-21-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Lawd, that War of The Realms Daredevil cover isn't suggestive AT ALL!.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I've just tweeted Kelly Thompson about that.
    https://twitter.com/Digifiend84/stat...11456053960708
    I seem to recall her mentioning before they've been working on at least #11 and 12, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just skipping this month for whatever reason, the same thing happened to Unstoppable Wasp a few months ago (which is getting two issues this month). So we'll just have to wait for whenever Thompson confirms if things have changed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I seem to recall her mentioning before they've been working on at least #11 and 12, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just skipping this month for whatever reason, the same thing happened to Unstoppable Wasp a few months ago (which is getting two issues this month). So we'll just have to wait for whenever Thompson confirms if things have changed or not.
    Marvel may have pulled the plug sooner than expected.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

My thoughts:

Definitely:
    Invaders 5 - I loved the first issue. I'll at least finish the first trade.
    Captain Marvel 5 - Likewise, definitely finishing the first trade.
    Daredevil 5 & 6 - I was hoping they wouldn't double ship this book. My wallet doesn't like that. I also wish I had kept that solicit a surprise.
    Black Panther 12 - I wish this was Acuna's art. Looking forward to finishing this up.
    Marvel Rising 3 - I missed the solicit for issue 2. I didn't remember it as clearly Inhumans. I also love the Arthurian Marvel, so this sounds fun.
    Marvel Comics Presents 5 - Claremont writing Nightcrawler? That sounds fun.
    X-Men: Grand Design X-Tinction 1 - Glad to see this back, but holy crap I'm getting a lot of books.

Maybe:
    War of the Realms 3 & 4 - I expect they'll put it in my box and I'll buy it.
    War of the Realms: War Scrolls - It has Daredevil, I expect I'll read it.
    Avengers 19 - I am considering dropping this to avoid the whole event, but I probably won't.
    Marvel's Greatest Creators: Luke Cage, Power Man with Don McGregor - I guess they renamed True Believers?

Probably Not:
    Savage Avengers 1 - I have two Avengers books already. I don't think I can afford to commit to this. [ETA: WCA gone?]
    War of the Realms Strike Force - There are too many of these to afford. I'm looking forward to reading them on Unlimited.
    MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: POWER PACK #1 - I'd love to support this, but I own the issue.
    Defenders: Marvel Feature 1 Facimile Edition - I love the Facimile Edition idea, but I don't think the first Defenders story is the best Defenders story.

Random Thoughts:
    Those Marvel Tales stories feel like a lot of movie for reprints.
    Marvel Team-Up 2 has a dumb solicit.
    I feel like Age of X-Man and War of the Realms at the same time is competing against yourself.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 02-20-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?