Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #6, for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I seem to recall her mentioning before they've been working on at least #11 and 12, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're just skipping this month for whatever reason, the same thing happened to Unstoppable Wasp a few months ago (which is getting two issues this month). So we'll just have to wait for whenever Thompson confirms if things have changed or not.
    If I remember cos I follow her on Twitter, she said something about getting a lot out before some month longish trip, so she might not do stuff for a while, not exactly sure.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Wait, why is Avengers #19 eight dollars? It's larger, but it's only 40 pages.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Marvel knows I'll pay double price for a single panel of Hydra Cap watching Netflix while the event rages on.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Marvel knows from experience after X-Men: Disassembled that retailers will order as many as usual of an overpriced comic if they sell it as part of an "important event"?

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    May is going to be an expensive month.
    Yeah, maybe i should drop DC.😂

My thoughts:

Definitely:
    Invaders 5 - I loved the first issue. I'll at least finish the first trade.
    Captain Marvel 5 - Likewise, definitely finishing the first trade.
    Daredevil 5 & 6 - I was hoping they wouldn't double ship this book. My wallet doesn't like that. I also wish I had kept that solicit a surprise.
    Black Panther 12 - I wish this was Acuna's art. Looking forward to finishing this up.
    Marvel Rising 3 - I missed the solicit for issue 2. I didn't remember it as clearly Inhumans. I also love the Arthurian Marvel, so this sounds fun.
    Marvel Comics Presents 5 - Claremont writing Nightcrawler? That sounds fun.
    X-Men: Grand Design X-Tinction 1 - Glad to see this back, but holy crap I'm getting a lot of books.

Maybe:
    War of the Realms 3 & 4 - I expect they'll put it in my box and I'll buy it.
    War of the Realms: War Scrolls - It has Daredevil, I expect I'll read it.
    Avengers 19 - I am considering dropping this to avoid the whole event, but I probably won't.
    Marvel's Greatest Creators: Luke Cage, Power Man with Don McGregor - I guess they renamed True Believers?

Probably Not:
    Savage Avengers 1 - I have two Avengers books already. I don't think I can afford to commit to this. [ETA: WCA gone?]
    War of the Realms Strike Force - There are too many of these to afford. I'm looking forward to reading them on Unlimited.
    MARVEL’S GREATEST CREATORS: POWER PACK #1 - I'd love to support this, but I own the issue.
    Defenders: Marvel Feature 1 Facimile Edition - I love the Facimile Edition idea, but I don't think the first Defenders story is the best Defenders story.

Random Thoughts:
    Those Marvel Tales stories feel like a lot of movie for reprints.
    Marvel Team-Up 2 has a dumb solicit.
    I feel like Age of X-Man and War of the Realms at the same time is competing against yourself.
    Re: daredevil. The only thing the solicit tells me is that i’m not interested.
    War of the realms; nice that you’ll buy it if they put it in the box for you. Me, i’m back to mail order.
    As for marvel team up; i guess they’re trying to nake this a fun book, but yeah, this sounds pretty stupid.
    Last edited by protege; 02-20-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Marvel knows from experience after X-Men: Disassembled that retailers will order as many as usual of an overpriced comic if they sell it as part of an "important event"?
    Didn't previous overpriced comics at least have significantly more pages?

It's just that I realized I can drop Avengers and War of the Realms and save something like $50 from just the first two months.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Didn't previous overpriced comics at least have significantly more pages?

It's just that I realized I can drop Avengers and War of the Realms and save something like $50 from just the first two months.
    They probably just cocked up the solicit.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Pre ordered:
    Marvels Annotated #4.

Picking up:

Savage Avengers#1.
    Fantastic Four#10.
    Amazing Spider-Man#21,22.
    Immortal Hulk#17,18.
    Symbiote Spider-Man#2.
    Conan the Barbarian#6.

Trade Waiting:
    Tony Stark:Iron Man.

And will likely trade wait the War of the Realms.

Maybe:

Savage Sword of Conan:5.
    Age of Conan:Belit#3
    Doctor Strange#14.
    Major X#3,4.

The only thing worth reading (again).
    ALPHA FLIGHT #1 FACSIMILE EDITION

BANNED

Hmm. Probably a goof up. Either it's more pages at that price or the price is listed wrong.

There's a lot of 40 page books in May that are priced at $4.99 so I would think that $7.99 on Avengers is erroneous somehow. We'll see.

As for the month overall, looks good. Not sure how much money I can devote to the War of the Realms tie-ins but there's a lot that looks interesting. Main series for sure and at least the War Scrolls. The Dark Elf Realm, War Avengers, and Land of Giants one-shots will be hard to say no too, though.

Not liking the sound of "the end is near" in the Punisher solicitations. It's one of my favorite titles so I hope that it's just signalling the end of the arc and not that issue #12 in June will wrap up the series.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    If I remember cos I follow her on Twitter, she said something about getting a lot out before some month longish trip, so she might not do stuff for a while, not exactly sure.
    Getting a lot out? That would mean she was completing work in advance, not that she's skipping a month. She has a few other books, remember. Mr and Mrs X, Captain Marvel, and that Sabrina mini she's doing for Archie.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

ASM 21, 22
    Friendly Spidey 6 - Solicit sounds silly
    Immortal Hulk 17, 18

Incredible Member

Getting

War of Realms
    Dark Elf realm
    Land of Giants
    Avengers
    Wolverine infinity watch
    Dead man Logan
    Black Panther
    Punisher
    Savage Avengers
    War of Realms Punisher
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 02-20-2019 at 11:16 PM.