Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    you're right. but neither of them worked for a Nazi. i'm referring to the elder Zemo (Heinrich). Josten was one of his footsoldiers long before getting powers. Tom was more misguided than criminal. plus, the story that resulted in his imprisonment was a Bendis story. by the art, I can tell that neither person was familiar with Tom. he ended up looking like Bill Foster and talking like a maniac. it's like they totally skipped over the Damage Control story. Tom had already gotten over his uncle's death.
    Speaking of that Bendis story, one thing I realized is that this is going to be the first time since they were a part of the Revengers that Goliath and Atlas end up working together. I wonder if that’ll factor into anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Speaking of that Bendis story, one thing I realized is that this is going to be the first time since they were a part of the Revengers that Goliath and Atlas end up working together. I wonder if that’ll factor into anything.
    I'm wondering why only Tom had to do time. Simon didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Apparently Saladin Ahmed, or whoever wrote the solicit, only took into account Wilson's work, and not Waid's and Zub's.
    Maintaining Wilson's stance that nothing outside Kamala's solo is canon to it.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Except ANAD Avengers. That got acknowledged in the first issue after Secret Wars (she's wearing an Avengers logo on the cover), and she even wrote the ANAD Avengers annual. Maybe Wilson didn't approve of Champions?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Damn each month gets more expensive:

Avengers
    Fantastic Four
    Captain America
    War of Realm (WoR)
    WoR: journey into mystery
    WoR: War Avengers
    WoR: Uncanny X-Men
    AoX: Xtremists
    AoX: Marvelous
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys Marvel History
    Doctor Strange
    Uncanny X-Men
    Wolverine: Infinity Watch
    X-Force
    Thor

So much for saving for a rainy day

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Has anyone confirmed whether that $8 comic is accurate or a mistake - either in price or in page count?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

SAVAGE AVENGERS #1 The team could do with another female presence, that's for sure. I'm personally petitioning for Black Widow to join the team, especially with her most recent miniseries wrapping up. The solicits so far indicate Conan as the central character, so I hope this isn't a stealth solo book with some guest-stars.

WAR OF THE REALMS #3 The covers are solid. Love it. The earth being divvied up between Malekiths allies is interesting. It does make me wonder if Midgard was their endgame- wouldn't they want a piece of the other conquered realms too?

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE THE DARK ELF REALM I'm not sure about this one. The Punisher/Blade/Ghost Rider trio is pretty damn badass, but Freyja and She-Hulk seem like odd drafts for this one.

WAR OF THE REALMS STRIKEFORCE THE WAR AVENGERS I just can't get behind Venom, Hulkverine & Deadpool on an Avengers team- even a temporary one. Moon Knight, Echo, Songbird or Hazmat would have been much cooler in my opinion. The rest of the line-up is dope.

WAR OF THE REALMS THE LAND OF GIANTS Of the three Strike-force one-shots this one is easily my most anticipated, though it could do with a female presence; Jessica Drew, Bobbi Morse and/or Jessica Jones would've been great in sticking with the New Avengers reunion. Tom Taylor and Jorge Molina is a brilliant creative duo and I can't wait to get my hands on this one-shot.

WAR OF THE REALMS AGENTS OF ATLAS #1 #2 I'm all for an Asian superhero team, but I can't find myself caring for Aero, Sword Master and Wave because they're all new to me. It'll be interesting to see how well this one does, because Silk and Amadeus Cho (as Brawn) are still relatively new to the MU, and Marvel fans that haven't played Marvel Future Fight will have no idea who Luna Snow, Crescent and Io are.

WAR OF THE REALMS JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #2 #3 I'm still not sure why we get Druid and Deathlocket of all characters in this book. I really do wish we'd gotten Wiccan as the magic-user, and pretty much any of the underutilized Avengers characters instead of Deathlocket, who was a villain when we saw her last. The resurgence of Western heroes is interesting. Phantom Rider is on the cover, but I wonder which of the others will be involved.

GIANTMAN #1 #2 So... this should be called Giant-Men right? There's more than one of them. It's cool to see the four of 'em together. And I'm all for more Leah Williams because she is killing it in comics right now.

ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #9 Wicked. A Valkyrie spotlight. I do wonder how long the AotG can last. I dunno if they have the numbers to continue much longer beyond the War of the Realms tie-in issues.

THOR #13 So Cul is also dealing with the Black Bifrost too? Isn't the Strikeforce supposed to be dealing with that?

CHAMPIONS #5 Cyclops among the Champions? Hell yeah. I look forward to seeing how he interacts with the members now that he has the memories of his younger self. He of course remembers their adventures, but he's not the same man they knew in that he also has all of his their memories and experiences. I'm not sure if Zub has said anything, but are Miles and Amadeus absent from this arc given they're busy elsewhere during the War of the Realms? If so, who will Cyclops get to engage with?

TONY STARK: IRON MAN #12 I'm really excited for this one. I strongly believe this has been the most interesting Ironman run in recent years, and this tie-in issue is exciting stuff. The supporting cast is really strong here too, and I hope Janet, Jocasta, Rhodey etc. get a chance to shine too. And is that a dragon on the cover? Hell yeah

AVENGERS #19 Avengers Mountain under siege! It's gonna be neat to see the Agents of Wakanda and whomever else fending off the army of Malekith.

CAPTAIN AMERICA #11 Another strong Alex Ross cover. I hope the Daughters of Liberty get decent exposure in this arc too because I love them

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #5 I love that Cates is connecting the dots with the Guardians, Hela, the Black Order and the newly established Dark Guardians. The stakes are so high and I cannot wait to see how it plays out. I still suspect that Eros is either under the influence of Thanos, or he is the one housing his consciousness- and if not that, I feel like they might be making use of Thane, which would also grant access to his unique Inhuman acquired abilities.

COSMIC GHOST RIDER DESTROYS MARVEL HISTORY #3 CGR as an X-Man? With the Phoenix? Why exactly?

BLACK PANTHER #12 Jen Bartel on art= killer. Is this the conclusion to the stupid BP in space storyline? Because I'm so done with it.

RUNAWAYS #21 Dad Chase makes my heart full. Still sad we lost Kris Anka but I'll still be following the book.

DOCTOR STRANGE #14 BY THE VISHANTI- CLEA IS BACK!

WOLVERINE: INFINITY WATCH #4 I wonder who the new Guardians of Infinity are. Adam Warlock, Gamora and Silver Surfer maybe? Idk

Zub hasn't said anything so as not to spoil issues 3 and 4, but if Atlas kept Amadeus out, it would also cause Kamala to be absent. She's on that team too (it's an expansion of the Protectors from Amadeus's solo), but is missing according to the solicits. She's on the Champions cover, so it looks like Atlas and Champions don't take place at the same time. So the only one there's any doubt over is Miles.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Zub hasn't said anything so as not to spoil issues 3 and 4, but if Atlas kept Amadeus out, it would also cause Kamala to be absent. She's on that team too (it's an expansion of the Protectors from Amadeus's solo), but is missing according to the solicits. She's on the Champions cover, so it looks like Atlas and Champions don't take place at the same time. So the only one there's any doubt over is Miles.
    Isn’t it possible that whatever’s going on in Champions takes Kamala off the board for Agents of Atlas/Protectors?

No, because Amadeus would know where she is, so she wouldn't be considered to be missing.

Except ANAD Avengers. That got acknowledged in the first issue after Secret Wars (she's wearing an Avengers logo on the cover), and she even wrote the ANAD Avengers annual. Maybe Wilson didn't approve of Champions?
    She clearly didn't approve of Champions OR Avengers, as Kamala being an Avenger was never spoken of again beyond that one throwaway page (which was likely forced on her by Editorial) and her guest-issue in Avengers which she obviously doesn't count, either.

In Wilson's story, Kamala was never an Avenger and Champions don't exist. She's just some kid from Jersey with powers and a heroic drive to do good. So far, it looks like Ahmed is maintaining her rule that all other books are to be disregarded.
    Last edited by Myetche; 02-27-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    She clearly didn't approve of Champions OR Avengers, as Kamala being an Avenger was never spoken of again beyond that one throwaway page (which was likely forced on her by Editorial) and her guest-issue in Avengers which she obviously doesn't count, either.

In Wilson's story, Kamala was never an Avenger and Champions don't exist. She's just some kid from Jersey with powers and a heroic drive to do good. So far, it looks like Ahmed is maintaining her rule that all other books are to be disregarded.
    There was that arc near the beginning where she dealt with the stress of her school, home life, and Avenger work, plus the whole Civil War II arc, so it seems like she didn't necessarily have a problem with her as an Avenger. Though you're right that I don't think she made any references to the Champions once she started that, outside of vague allusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    There was that arc near the beginning where she dealt with the stress of her school, home life, and Avenger work, plus the whole Civil War II arc, so it seems like she didn't necessarily have a problem with her as an Avenger. Though you're right that I don't think she made any references to the Champions once she started that, outside of vague allusions.
    Miles and Sam did appear in one issue of the second volume, but that was post-Avengers, pre-Champions.

Maybe she thought it was too soon for Kamala to be a team leader? As for the annual, I bet she wrote it as a Ms Marvel annual and editorial branded it as Avengers so it would sell more.

Marvel Rising (specifically, her friendship with Squirrel Girl) has been mentioned once, but that was in issue 31, on a page written by someone else. Her solo has never acknowledged that she's also friends with Amadeus Cho or Viv Vision.

Pretty much everything about Kamala as an Avenger and being in CWII was presumably forced on her by Editorial. Why else would she let her character who is clearly meant to be in low-stakes plots suddenly get jerked to the big time so suddenly outside of Marvel demanding she be made popular quickly? Hence why Wilson never spoke of Kamala's Avenger status as much as she could.

As to Miles and Sam, their relationship is simply referred to as "friends from work", which is vague enough to mean anything. Same applies to Squirrel Girl.