Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I watched marvels Richard Ryder fall into this trap for years, and years. . . you know what got him out of it? That had people clamoring for more?
    "Annihilation" when the idea got across that he was not "Kid" Nova from the new warriors and he wasn't always going to be a college softmore sleeping on someones couch. He was an insanely powerful hero
    attatched to a larger than life duty.
    Dude, that's a legit idea.

Maybe that's what 'Storm needs; not a soft reboot or more of the familiar, but a big huge crisis level step up to the big leagues.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I love this idea actually, make it a team effort =.
    Not the first time someone wanted to go that way

http://firestormfan.com/2010/04/28/t...most-was-2003/

No offense, but it was a bad idea then, and its a bad idea now. Something about "Captain Planet" fall flat in every incarnation because thats not a Power Ranger, thats a planateer with less powers.

On a POSITIVE note, here's a link to some redesigns from back in the day.

http://firestormfan.com/2011/04/13/jim-lee-redesign/
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I love this idea actually, make it a team effort =.
    Thanks, I like it too.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

No offense, but it was a bad idea then, and its a bad idea now. Something about "Captain Planet" fall flat in every incarnation because thats not a Power Ranger, thats a planateer with less powers.

Damn, pretty much all those redesigns are dope.

Firestorm has always been about multiple people so I don't see how having a more involved matrix is bad.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I really realy really REALLY liked Ostrander's run. If anything I'd go back to the idea of Firestorm having his own separate personality (but not Stein) and I'd let Ronnie (the main catalyst guy) have Stein, Jason, and Mikhail to choose from when merging. The Firestorm persona is still its own thing but slightly different with the different mergings. I'd also take the book into more abstract and adult territory while playing with the 'elemental' aspect of Firestorm and how the being himself is more or less a god. The other guys would all get equal screen time, and I'd bring Gehenna back.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I would do a soft reboot for Firestorm. I would explore more about the Firestorm Matrix, it should be about the building blocks of the universe: atoms and molecule, maybe the Firestorm Matrix is the 3rd dimmension itself and you cannot see it because it is an ambient force or it is located in the space found between realities, where negative and positive matter coexist.

I would have him as the Blue Marvel of the DC Universe, Firestorm's adventures should have him explore trippy worlds with foreign matter and have him experiment the realms of wierd sciences and meeting inhabitants of those worlds. Firestorm's genre should be about hard sci-fi dealing with metaphysics and different worlds, I could see Ronnie interacting with the inhabitants and their world while Stein is more focus on the sciences and the research of what it could to help their world.

Spectacular Member

I'd do something similar to when it was Ronnie, Mikhail and an amnesiac Professor Stein. Only instead the third entity is an alien. Basically make it so as either a Zeta like beam intercepted the explosion that made Firestorm or have it as the result of an alien crash. This way we can play with his powers as now he can turn things into alien elements. That is, when his alien half wants to cooperate. This can also make him more connected to the governments of the DC Universe.

The "multiple people" idea of Firestorm reminds me of "Sense8" where these 8 random people around the world are psychically linked, and can each utilize each other's skills and knowledge when needed. It made for some really good human drama. I can totally see that kind of group teamwork for Firestorm. (did Marvel's New Universe "Psi-Force" have a similar premise? I never read it, so I'm not positive)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The "multiple people" idea of Firestorm reminds me of "Sense8" where these 8 random people around the world are psychically linked, and can each utilize each other's skills and knowledge when needed. It made for some really good human drama. I can totally see that kind of group teamwork for Firestorm. (did Marvel's New Universe "Psi-Force" have a similar premise? I never read it, so I'm not positive)
    I enjoyed that show, something similar like that for Firestorm could be cool. But I don't really buy the mind link thing outside of being Firestorm or at least on the level of the show characters.

BANNED

elseworld pitch
    Firestorm matrix is actually a living sentient energy being possessing a host and burning them out and moving on to the next host. takes over many heroes and burns them out and also slaughters many more who get in its way ultimately the magic users are able to trap the matrix possessed host in a different plane but it's dormant not dead and cannot ever die so it still hungers for more hosts and mayhem kind of turning Firestorm into the venom or bedlam. I know it's a hackneyed pitch turning the elseworldy version into a evil one but it's the one I could come up without thinking too deeply about it.