Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Do Spider-Man's villains suck?

I personally think they start getting bad as returning foes to a ongoing hero like Peter who's character is about becoming more mature and adult from defeating them. Characters like Mysterio, Kraven, Rhino, Electro and Sandman are losers with no consistantacy in being true threats to Peter with out Peter suffering pis due to them taking a back seat to peters narrative of fix his normal activities and spiderman activities. Villains should define the hero as a aspect of the heroes power to morally succeed, the more the hero progresses his character, the more they should perform great feats of villainy, with larger objectives other than taking over new York or getting revenge. It shows they too can become developed characters that grow into bigger picture villains like doom. Most of Spider's big villains act as actual rivals than evil threats to innocents and Peter. I really hate Peter being such a victim of terrible writting when he struggles with villains like Mysterio or Kraven, its.like he forgot he a legendary veteran badass who can overpower these two and has genius level skils and experience taking them down. A villain that lame shouldn't be able to go into other books and become a threat to other heroes and villains, that's pis, Peter has got to have the most inconsistent villain threats in fiction because thanks to the setting and the self contained nature of the books, Spidey villains really feel incapable of being taken seriously when the hero does more outlandish feats of heroism outside the main title, and I am supposed to believe characters like morbius and Kraven can take on Peter and has issues taking them on?

Note I make it a rule, that if villains face off and lose to characters like deadpool and wolverine who humiliate someome like Kraven or Shocker more than once, while being written to somehow to fight equally with Spider-man or Cap in another comic, they are poorly written.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 02-20-2019 at 03:29 PM.