Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    I assume ComixMaven meant Jean Loring's attack, not Dr. Light. He wouldn't necessarily be able to find out what happened, but would try to find out rather than be absent the whole time.

Really, though, any mystery story that revolves around Batman not being able to identify the use of a flamethrower is suspect I think.
    The JLA (and every other hero) was all over the crime scene and investigation...I doubt he would want to get involved since they were all so closely involved.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, The Shade being absent in the story is definitely not high on my list of issues with the story personally. Plenty more for me to dislike.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    Honestly, The Shade being absent in the story is definitely not high on my list of issues with the story personally. Plenty more for me to dislike.
    True 'nuff, but it further illustrates just how careless DC is with its alleged "shared universe", and how they go through fits of just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks and never caring what a mess they make.

The Shade might keep his head down rather than tangle with Karkull and Obsidian, or worse, Obsidian, Eclipso and freakin' Mordru (though at least he put in an appearance in the latter storyline), but Jean Loring? He'd swat her like a gnat. (Or if he was feeling really generous he might drop her, all wrapped up in Shadowstuff like a present, at Batman's feet.)

I think I'll go start a Shade Appreciation thread.

Spectacular Member

I mean, it would have been nice to see him at the funeral at the very least. But I'm not sure he could have added a ton to the investigation, especially given how badly it was written anyway. Loring at the time didn't have any powers, so apprehending her wasn't really the difficult part.

BANNED

To quote Linkara, "This! Comic! Sucks!"

(He thinks Heroes in Crisis sucks worse, which is really saying something!) http://atopthefourthwall.com/heroes-in-crisis/