Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Wither Guy Gardner & Simon Baz?

I love Guy Gardner. There has got to be a way to revive the JLI characters with Guy, Ice, Fire, Scott, Barda, Ted & Booster. Somebody get on that. I don't want Giffen, DeMatties & Maguire again. I want fresh eyes on this that doesn't involve Dan Jurgens missing the entire point again and taking them seriously.

I don't particularly like or dislike Simon Baz, but he seems a triffle unnecessary since Jessica Cruz came around and ended up being a much better distilation of Geoff Johns's GL mission statement than Hal or Simon ever were. I honestly have no clue where he should go. He needs a new role somewhere, otherwise he's gonna get killed off in order to prop up some cosmic baddie sooner or later.

I guess Kyle's in the same boat, too, once Titans is finished. I thought Titans was a great place for him. I would love some kind of 90s generation book with him, Connor, Donna, and Jade. Maybe a new Infinity Inc.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I'd read anything wit Guy Gardner in it, but if you give me a book with him, Connor, Donna, Kyle and Jade you'd make my dreams come true!

I don't care about Baz, sorry.

Despite a cameo in Drowned Earth, could Simon already be gone? An unidentified Green Lantern was among the dead in Heroes in Crisis #1. And Kyle joining the Titans means it can't be him, leaving just Guy or Simon as possibilities (alien GLs have no reason to be on Earth, let alone at Sanctuary).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't really care about Baz myself, but perhaps he can be something of a mentor to the new Teen GL. Since his ring's been hacked twice already, (is it odd that "hacking a GL ring" has been done 3 times in the last couple years?) maybe he's able to find out about her, but he helps keep her off the GLC's radar and checks in on her once in awhile, keeps her on point, etc.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Never cared about Baz, but Guy was my second favorite Lantern (Earth based or otherwise) behind only Hal, so it's a shame he's fallen through the cracks since the latest GLC book ended. There HAS to be a place for Gardner in the DC Universe of titles.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I would say that Guy with his attitude works best in a team setting so that he can have others to play off. He should always be a staple of any GLC title. (and there's gotta be another one along at some point)

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would say that Guy with his attitude works best in a team setting so that he can have others to play off. He should always be a staple of any GLC title. (and there's gotta be another one along at some point)
    I agree. I think both John & Guy work best in team situations, whereas Hal & Kyle are best as solo characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think both John & Guy work best in team situations, whereas Hal & Kyle are best as solo characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Despite a cameo in Drowned Earth, could Simon already be gone? An unidentified Green Lantern was among the dead in Heroes in Crisis #1.
    Could you please point out the page or frame where you see that? I couldn't find it myself.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Despite a cameo in Drowned Earth, could Simon already be gone? An unidentified Green Lantern was among the dead in Heroes in Crisis #1. And Kyle joining the Titans means it can't be him, leaving just Guy or Simon as possibilities (alien GLs have no reason to be on Earth, let alone at Sanctuary).
    While possible, I think it would've been mentioned by now. Simon worked with Superman and the rest of the JL at the beginning of rebirth, no? You'd think he'd mention it was Simon. Not to mention not getting the GLC involved at this point. Doesn't really look like his uniform to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Could you please point out the page or frame where you see that? I couldn't find it myself.
    Here you go. It's when Superman surveys all the dead bodies outside in HiC #1: https://i.imgur.com/pZQwpQU.jpg?1
    Last edited by Lirica; 02-21-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Here you go. It's when Superman surveys all the dead bodies outside in HiC #1: https://i.imgur.com/pZQwpQU.jpg?1
    Thanks! (10char)
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I don't particularly like or dislike Simon Baz, but he seems a triffle unnecessary since Jessica Cruz came around and ended up being a much better distilation of Geoff Johns's GL mission statement than Hal or Simon ever were. I honestly have no clue where he should go. He needs a new role somewhere, otherwise he's gonna get killed off in order to prop up some cosmic baddie sooner or later.
    I think Baz should be sort of the Black Sheep of the Earth's JL.

The one who questions and keep the others honest. The one who's almost never invited to the party. I think he could work well as such.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC hates the JLI characters for no reason and probably won't put them together. It would be nice if we can get a JL team that's a combination of the JLI and JLA.

For Simon I was thinking of making a JL Asia and put him there with the Kenan and the rest of them?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I think Baz should be sort of the Black Sheep of the Earth's JL.

The one who questions and keep the others honest. The one who's almost never invited to the party. I think he could work well as such.
    I though he already was. Remember, he carried a gun because he didn’t fully trust the ring in the beginning.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Guy will stick around because he's the firebrand of the Earth GL's and he's probably the most dynamic of any of them.

Nobody seems to know what to do with Simon anymore now that Jessica has taken off and their not stuck together as a pair anymore. The only thing he seems to have going for him is that he's a diverse hero and Johns created him.
    I agree. I think both John & Guy work best in team situations, whereas Hal & Kyle are best as solo characters.
    To be fair, Hal and Kyle have had more solo spotlight then John and Guy have, although I guess GLC under Van Jensen was basically a John solo but also had him working with a team...and I guess the same for Tomasi's GLC and Guy, especially when Kyle left.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I though he already was. Remember, he carried a gun because he didn’t fully trust the ring in the beginning.
    You read him during his initial first appearance and he comes off pretty grounded and common sense compared to some of the other Earth GL's.

I found it kind of endearing .